Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 12:38 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That sounds like dystopia baby farms. I'm not on board with that, either.

It's not about rape. The OP invoked rape to sensationalize a law.

Again, I'm standing by this very simple premise...

The woman can choose to abort = The man can choose to opt out
I was think more along the lines of a what a surrogate mother does. The woman could always just refuse to agree to that part of the contract and not sign (and not have sex with him if he wants that). How would it be much different than a woman having a child and putting it up for adoption?

The problem with saying a man can just opt out is what happens if she says he wanted the baby? It becomes he said she said. And what if he did lie and tell a woman he wanted a baby with her and then backed out leaving her high and dry after its legal to have an abortion? What if he finds out the kid will be special needs and then claims he never wanted the child in the first place? There needs to be a way to protect both his interests and hers before a baby is conceived. I admit I don't like my contract idea, but at the same time it's the only thing I can come up with that covers all possibilities (they agree to parent, he opts out, she opts out, they agree to abortion, they agree to adoption.

I honestly think this is why a man's consent is limited to abstinence and/or birth control and a woman gets abstinence, birth control, and abortion. Adding one more possibility to a man's choices complicates things and ends up being a huge legal issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 12:47 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
If she lied about it, yes.
You have severe trust issues with women. I assume you were mistreated by one or more, if my assumption is correct I understand your trust issues.

That said"

If you can't trust a woman to be honest with you.

Do not ever. Never ever never ever never have sex with her. Not just because of the possibility of getting her pregnant, but something for more serious for you. IF SHE WOULD LIE TO YOU ABOUT BEING ON BC, SHE WOULD LIE TO YOU ABOUT NOT HAVING SOMETHING THAT MIGHT MAKE YOUR BIGGUS DICKUS FALL OFF!!!

Wrap it up!!

Or better still, find out what makes you so mistrustful of women, work that out, then choose more carefully, so that you might have a healthy relationship built on trust, and mutual respect if not love.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:49 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
I can't find anywhere in the text of the law that states a rapist can stop a legal abortion procedure from being performed, even if it's spousal rape. This is a "Ban on dismemberment abortion" only with civil and statutory damages for the doctors that perform them when they weren't medically necessary.
That's why it is really another abortion restriction. If providers can be sued after the fact they will require a woman to have documented permission from the person who fathered the child (to cover themselves legally) in order to get an abortion thus preventing many women from an abortion in a timely manner or at all.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Why not? A woman has a free pass to abort a man's baby.

That free pass should work both ways.
It does. When he is carrying a woman's "baby" he has a free pass to abort.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:53 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
The problem with your argument is it's not the woman forcing the man to do anything. It's the state forcing both parents to take care of their child. A man can opt out of paying child support by taking in the child (then the mother pays support). Either way, both parents are on the hook. Neither can opt out.

You know, I'd be all for there being a legally binding contract a man and woman can sign that says if a child is created that either one can opt out. But before that could happen we'd need more money for planned parenthood, abortion clinics, and orphanages because women don't have abortion choices in a lot of areas and what if, after a child is born both parents choose to opt out? The state will have to take care of the babies some how. We'd also need to increase taxes for welfare since raising a child is what now, a $250,000 from birth to 18. Single parents will need more tax breaks and government programs to make ends meet (unless some private charity group steps in). But again, that's a different topic.
I completely agree with this. I am all for letting sperm donors disappear. I have one that I wish would, but somewhere his child support would need to be covered. I already qualify for some assistance with getting child support.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
yea God forbid a man not pay for something he didnt want but its perfectly fine the woman could kill that child against the man's wishes...

are you kidding?
Your talking out of both sides of your mouth, cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your against a woman aborting yet against a man paying child support. If she is able to abort you need not worry with child support.
How many women do you suppose have aborted against a mans wishes. One that guaranteed to support and care for his child?
How many men do you suppose are paying child support for a kid they adamantly did not want?
I don't even know why your arguing about this as rare as it is. The cases are so rare they could be decided on an individual basis.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That's why it is really another abortion restriction. If providers can be sued after the fact they will require a woman to have documented permission from the person who fathered the child (to cover themselves legally) in order to get an abortion thus preventing many women from an abortion in a timely manner or at all.
The article says he can seek an injunction to stop the abortion as well.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:46 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
If a woman chooses to continue a pregnancy that results in a child the father didn't want, that's on her. No child support. No public assistance.
Wow. Didn't think your ridiculous argument could get worse but now it has. It is really hard to believe that you are a woman when you clearly hate them so much.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Wow. Didn't think your ridiculous argument could get worse but now it has. It is really hard to believe that you are a woman when you clearly hate them so much.
No way is InformedConsent a woman. I decided that a while ago.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:58 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No way is InformedConsent a woman. I decided that a while ago.
It would be the first woman I have ran across that talks about spending lots of time on MRA websites. I mean it isn't impossible I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies