Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 10:09 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times

Advertisements

I am curious to hear how Trump supporters who call themselves Christians will explain supporting his words and behavior at the recent National Prayer Breakfast.
You know, the one where he said: "...Is that an appointed position? I don't know if you're Democrat or Republican, but I'm appointing you for another year. The hell with it." "The hell with it"? At a PRAYER breakfast?
And then went on to speak about how terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing as his replacement on "The Apprentice", how low his ratings are compared to how high Donald's were, and how they should pray for Arnold to get better ratings (Trump is still listed as executive producer of "The Apprentice") ...

Seriously, how can you guys support that behavior? I would really like to hear from you.

Last edited by MagnoliaThunder; 02-09-2017 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:43 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
....get real...if, "the hell with it"...is your biggest complaint consider yourself blessed

Old 02-10-2017, 10:34 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
....get real...if, "the hell with it"...is your biggest complaint consider yourself blessed
Really? That's your serious answer?

Further, that is far from all I could say regarding my opinion of Trump's actions. However, I decided to address one -- just one issue -- to see if I could get an intelligent, thoughtful answer. Guess not so far...

Old 02-10-2017, 10:39 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
I am curious to hear how Trump supporters who call themselves Christians will explain supporting his words and behavior at the recent National Prayer Breakfast.
You know, the one where he said: "...Is that an appointed position? I don't know if you're Democrat or Republican, but I'm appointing you for another year. The hell with it." "The hell with it"? At a PRAYER breakfast?
And then went on to speak about how terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing as his replacement on "The Apprentice", how low his ratings are compared to how high Donald's were, and how they should pray for Arnold to get better ratings (Trump is still listed as executive producer of "The Apprentice") ...

Seriously, how can you guys support that behavior? I would really like to hear from you.

That's the way most Christians act! Hypocrisy rears it's ugly head again.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:40 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Really? That's your serious answer?

Further, that is far from all I could say regarding my opinion of Trump's actions. However, I decided to address one -- just one issue -- to see if I could get an intelligent, thoughtful answer. Guess not so far...
I teach in a public school where I hear f-bombs dropped daily. I wouldn't even have noticed the use of the word hell and I don't think many people would.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:

Why do you care?

Are you even a Christian?

Old 02-10-2017, 10:43 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
You're asking the Trumpettes to have a reasonable, intelligent conversation based on logic? You're wasting your time. It won't happen here.

They are too enthralled with their blind devotion to he Orange God to even be capable of having such a discussion. It'll only be a matter of time before one of them comes in here, drops the "fake news" card, and vanishes.

Just watch, it'll happen any minute now.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:50 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

On this,

"the hell with it" "Oh my god." this is just a cultural indoctrination. Like saying, "Jesus f*cking Christ!" Or "Me cago en la leche!" It's just one of those things we absorbed from the world around us.

At any rate, it’s an expression and just like most expressions, has strayed far from it’s roots.

This said, I think Trump should seriously consider working on his image as the most powerful man in the world. (It has nothing to do with Christianity, however. lol)

I voted for him because I think he is a lesser of two evils and I believe election is a gamble. I hope he can keep his promises. If not, he would be gone in four years.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:

You are wasting your time trying to get zealots to speak any word of ill against their Dear Leader.

The dumber he is, the more they like it.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:51 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,944 times
Right now, liberals are in no position to complain about other peoples' behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies