Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 08:00 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times

Advertisements

This is what happens when a very unpopular man gets millions less votes and is selected President.

There are consequences to having a President that did not win the popular vote and you are seeing them in full display every day.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:04 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
So can someone explain to me how anything that Trump is doing will be ruinous to our country? Considering the insane, over-the-top reactions that some people have had to him you would think that he instituted his own version of the Khmer Rouge, or nuked New York City or something.

And I don't want to hear about how he wants to do something that hurts your little feelings: using an objective standard, how will any of his policies be absolutely disastrous for this country?

Old 02-04-2017, 08:06 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
It's the fracturing of the country. You don't like us and we don't like you. Any Republican on this site cannot take the moral high road - - you guys attacked Obama for eight years. It's irreparable damage at this point.
Show me one violent protest against Obama winning the election, if that's your claim.

I'll wait.....

Old 02-04-2017, 08:07 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mms02760 View Post
this is what happens when a very unpopular man gets millions less votes and is selected president.

There are consequences to having a president that did not win the popular vote and you are seeing them in full display every day.
^^^^^^^this!!!

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The thread continues and what's ironic is that poster after poster on the Dem side think every Trump supporter is Republican. They don't even see or read that many independents and Democrats like myself are fed up with the BS going on. You don't have to be a Conservative, right winger, Republican ect to want this country to step forward - not backwards like we have been.
What's ironic is that poster after poster from the Trumpster camp, and others apparently, think every Trump critic is a Democrat. They don't even see or read that many independents, Republicans, and moderates like myself, can see Trump for the reckless, over-confident fool he is.

Republican politicos/former politicos and political analysts have publicly denounced him. Conservatives in the international community --- including our ALLIES -- have passionately criticized him.

You don't have to be a liberal, left-winger, Democrat, etc, to want this country to step forward, not backward, like we have done in FOUR weeks (and I'm talking about FAR more than the issue of immigration).

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This is what happens when a very unpopular man gets millions less votes and is selected President.

There are consequences to having a President that did not win the popular vote and you are seeing them in full display every day.
Yes. That. Exactly.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:08 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
I realize he's not popular on a national scale, but the ratio of anti-Trump sentiment to his popularity is completely out of proportion compared to any previous public figure. For example, he made the immigration/travel requirements 0.0001% more rigorous and all the social justice bums went ballistic. I don't see how they can keep it up for 8 years. I guess that being vocally anti-Trump is the new liberal virtue signalling that replaces driving a Prius or whatever.
Trump is totally unprecedented by any standard, and if it is getting old to you now, you are are in for a LONG 4 years. I have seen 11 Presidents in my lifetime, and while I didn't agree with all of their positions and agendas, I never doubted that I could trust them with the nuclear codes or with the security of the nation, or had to worry that they would undermine or destroy relationships with our key allies.

Trump is a totally different animal - if you think this is a "liberal" versus "conservative" push-back, you need to open your eyes. This conflict is about VALUES, not politics. Trump's character and behavior is totally out of synch with the average American in the heartland. He really has no political affiliation and that is what makes him so dangerous.

Americans are a stubborn and tenacious lot. Americans do not take kindly to being conned. Trump and his hardline followers are in for a rough ride - as we all are.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:11 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans attacked Obama for eight years, it's time for Trump supporters to buckle up and get used to it.

Wonder what Australia thinks of Trump.
I'm thinking the phrase "glass houses" applies here. Australia, who refused to take refugees? I'm thinking what they "think" of Trump doesn't matter at all. Quite frankly, what the rest of the world doesn't matter at all, either. They've created a crime-ridden cesspool of their own countries, thanks to the very policies Trump is trying to protect us from.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:13 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Yes, but you also have to remember that Hillary really DIDN'T win the popular vote either when you factor in the number of people who voted for her, not as an endorsement of her but as the lesser of two evils to keep Trump out.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:14 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Nonsense.

RWNs crammed into town hall meetings and spewed venom about ACA's "death panels" and "job killers."[QUOTE]
Yes, there was some opposition to the ACA. So? What was that, a perfect bill that couldn't be criticized or something?

Tea Party folks were all over the place waving their flags, and misspelled signs.Yes, there were some tea party rallies.

Obama was hung and burned in effigy. There were hate crimes all over.Not really. How many times did this actually happen?

"Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars."

Obama election spurs race threats, crimes - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity | NBC NewsAnd how many times did this happen? This was some widespread thing? Not even close.

"There was a substantial subset of white people in America who were boiling angry,"

Election of Obama provokes rise in U.S. hate crimes | Reuters

Again with the "hate crimes." So all across the country, mobs of angry white people attacked black people in anger over Obama being elected? Nope, only in your fevered imagination.

A Republican congressman even stood up during a State of the Union speech and called Obama a liar.

True, that did happen that one time.

But I'll give you this: there were all of those people who marched on Washington, DC before Obama had a chance to even do anything. And that march featured a pop star who said that she wanted to blow up the white house, presumably with Obama inside of it. That was pretty over-the-top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies