Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 05:49 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,732,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these left wing schools charge $65,000 or more per year to get information from left wing biased radicals with a left agenda.

Who wants to pay for that or being left for years with a study loan debt to get brainwashed.

Now additional the kids safety is in danger as we all could see how safe Berkeley and NYU are.
Well then please stay away. I don't want my kids sharing their school with someone who comes in all ready to hate a different idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 05:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,364,243 times
The left is really big on diversity right? They keep saying we need diversity because different experiences and outlooks challenge us and enrich us all.

So what is wrong with diversity of IDEAS? Why is that anathema?

Old 02-04-2017, 05:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,617,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The left is really big on diversity right? They keep saying we need diversity because different experiences and outlooks challenge us and enrich us all.

So what is wrong with diversity of IDEAS? Why is that anathema?
Start a conservative college, make it successful and make the graduates employable. Pretty straightforward.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:13 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Start a conservative college, make it successful and make the graduates employable. Pretty straightforward.
For the umpteenth time I am not a conservative and I not interested in conservatives teaching dogma instead of critical thinking either.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:16 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,005,724 times
Is the thread title a joke?

Old 02-04-2017, 06:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,370,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I prefer an educated class of people that are 'teached' over an under or un-educated populace that is easily manipulated by a narcissist. If your sentence structure and inability to clearly make your point is any indication of your schooling then I assume you were not educated at a higher learning institution. Hence, I am not sure you have inside information that can be trusted.

OTOH, I am glad to see you are also concerned with the crushing debt many students are left with in order to get an education. We certainly do not want to live in a society where only the wealthy can go to college. Good day.
Gawd! I cringed when I read that word in the title of a thread presuming to castigate University/College curricula. You cannot make this stuff up.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,370,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Is the thread title a joke?
One would sincerely hope so but..........

Old 02-04-2017, 06:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,268,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
What are some good conservative institutions? I'm genuinely curious.
Here are a handful that rank highly (my father attended one of them):

Baylor University
University of Dayton
Wheaton College
Texas A & M
Brigham Young University
Grove City College
Hillsdale College
Thomas More College of Liberal Arts
All of the military academies

Among the ivy league schools: Dartmouth is generally thought of as the most conservative, although on purely social issues, like all of the other ivies, they swing liberal.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:42 PM

36,630 posts, read 67,196,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Here are a handful that rank highly (my father attended one of them):

Baylor University
University of Dayton
Wheaton College
Texas A & M
Brigham Young University
Grove City College
Hillsdale College
Thomas More College of Liberal Arts
All of the military academies

Among the ivy league schools: Dartmouth is generally thought of as the most conservative, although on purely social issues, like all of the other ivies, they swing liberal.
Case Western?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:06 PM

18,851 posts, read 14,031,242 times
Colleges don't sell education. They sell credentials.
You can learn any where, any time, any way. . . but only if you jump through the hoops of the "accredited" institution will you receive the "approval certification" that you're pliant and obedient to authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies