Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 03:40 AM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
1. Keep the nation safe.

2. Deliver on bringing back high paying jobs to America

3. Reduce the debt.

4. Provide universal health care for all..

If he accomplished all the above. Would you have a different opinion of Trump?

They hate him for imaginary reasons, so they will still hate him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 04:10 AM

26,650 posts, read 28,557,937 times
If he could enact good, affordable universal health care, YES. I could put up with the rest of it and even with his general demeanor if he could be the genius who figured out how to provide healthcare for all. Leave Medicare for the elderly just the way it is. Do not force elderly people to start health savings accounts that most won't have time to build up.

The rest of it has to be affordable and decent too. There should be NO ONE who has to suffer without health care. Bring drug costs down, do something about the greedy insurance companies and get us health care like the rest of the civilized world. He would go down as a great president.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:35 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,329,403 times
None of those will ever happen.
Keep dreaming repubs.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:46 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
We were talking about this today and I believe he'd get a ton of support by capping the interest rate on student loans to something really low. It would get him a piece of a certain demographic.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We were talking about this today and I believe he'd get a ton of support by capping the interest rate on student loans to something really low. It would get him a piece of a certain demographic.
I agree.
This is an issue that both parties could get behind with no disagreement, and student loans now are as much a a way for adults to gain needed blue collar skills as a way for the young to go to college.

America is needs a lot more of both right now, and making higher education easily affordable is the way to make it happen. This would go far in making one of Trump's goals- bringing back high paying jobs- possible.

If this had been one of his first actions, I think it would have also gotten Congress behind him and would have passed with no trouble.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:07 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
1. Keep the nation safe.

3. Reduce the debt.

If he could pull those things off, yes, it would change my opinion of him for the better.

I would also like to see legal medical and recreational marijuana which would then be taxed.

No wall.

Eradicate Citizens United.

No wars.

Higher taxes on the wealthiest and an end to subsidies, entitlements and tax shelters for corporations.

Raising the minimum wage.

...it would also help if he behaved like a rational adult, learned a modicum of statesmanship and diplomacy and stopped tweeting like a spoiled 12 year old.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:11 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
1. I believe the nation is already as safe as it can practically be. I assume you mean from terrorists? Right now, I believe in just one week, he has made it worse.
I do agree with this. Trump is a demagogue who foments hate and fear. The idea that immigrants in general are a threat to the nation is mostly overblown hyperbole.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:37 PM

6,606 posts, read 4,986,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Trump is a pragmatists. Trump is more likely to anger is Republican base, than angering a liberal if you believe it or not.
In some level yes, but it takes very little to get him off his pragmatism, by all accounts he is very vindictive you see him do it, what's pragmatic about sending your press secretary on his first day to yell at the press over crowd sizes. It is also about how information is presented to him by his advisors he might think he is being pragmatic.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:50 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
1. Keep the nation safe.

3. Reduce the debt.

Once again I ask the alarmists, kept the nation safe from what? The terrorism threat is hugely exaggerated, overblown, and out of proportion to the scale of the threat itself, which is very small indeed. Immigrants are not a threat to us, but Trump wants you to think they are because he wants to justify his isolationist, protectionist, and nationalist governmental policies, when they aren't a very good method of governing a nation as involved with other countries as the US is. Being a rather paranoid fellow, every issue is about terrorism to Trump. If you really want to stay safe and live longer, exercise vigorously three times a week, eat a healthy, low fat diet, lock your doors, don't text or drink and drive, and have lots of good sex. Depending on a President to keep you safe from the evil brown people won't prevent your death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies