Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:11 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times

Advertisements

They would be too busy rioting and looting to carry it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 04:17 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
The children of the left are calling for the military to overthrow Trump. I doubt if many of the military are Trump-haters (look at the 4-star generals heading Defense and Homeland Security) but technically, a military coup is possible in any country.

What is going on in the head of people like Sarah Silverman and Rosa Brooks to even suggest such a stupid idea? Publicity seekers or deranged liberals?

A coup would be a guarantee of another US civil war, and given the technology available to civilians, who knows how it would turn out. No one would respect a government imposed by the military.

One the greatest strengths of the USA is our history of peaceful political transitions. Too bad so many children of the left don't understand the concept of 'throwing the baby out with the bath water.'
The US wont take hesitation to use nukes on its on people to ensure the survival of its nation. The reason why the 2nd amendment is in place is to either overthrow the state for being unconstitutional or defend the nation for foreign threats of occupation. If Trump screws up, you can bet my culo that the military/police state wont be playing anymore. A civil war is likely in this country due to the deep divide between Republicans and democrats on the ground, but as well as the divide within the parties themselves. This is not good. Also an American revolution is possible due to economic state of our country thanks to 36 years of broken Regeanism neoliberal policies supported by the past four US presidents.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:25 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Trumps approval rating is in the mid-40s at best. Most of the country disapproves of what he’s doing and how he’s leading the nation. The world is watching and he’s become an embarrassment of a leader. Failed to bring the people together and continues to make asinine comments to the public.

The conservative right and republicans in office continues to allow his type of behavior to go unchecked, so the republican representatives are just as responsible for whatever happens in the nation or to the nation. And no I don’t want to see or even think of a military coup happening here, however something needs to be done and done fast.

A divided nation cannot move forward.
IMO
Funny I didn't see this all this nonsense and hatred for the last 8 years when everything was divided under Obummer

Old 02-04-2017, 04:29 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
So because one person called for a coup, now the entire "left" wants one? All those people that called for Obama's assassination now represent the entire "right?"
Please show me where the OP said the word "entire."

The OP said "the children of the left." That in no way equates to "entire."

Old 02-04-2017, 04:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
A president should NOT care about approval ratings, and definitely should not choose policy based on that. Trump is one of the few presidents who rightly does so, and I applaud that. He does what he believes, instead of constantly calculating "how much will that cost me in the approval rate"?

Trump didn't become an embarrassment, but the media (not just American ones) surely makes sure it appeals so by constantly exaggerating every single thing he does.

No president can "bring people together". What does that exactly mean since people keep repeating that? Did Obama bring people together? Really? Is that why there are so many racial conflicts under him? Maybe celebrities such as Lady Gaga or Meryle Streep can, you know, by their cheap talk about "love" and "inclusion".
Exactly. Totally agree with you.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:51 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
The country is a Toiletpot.......the best Trump can do is delay the inevitable Mad-Max scenario.

IMHO, if Trump gets his SCOTUS pick through, his presidency is a WIN.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
The children of the left are calling for the military to overthrow Trump.
They truly live in a dream world.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
There will be no military coup of the US President.

This is more derangement talk up there with California leaving the USA and invasions from Mars.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:08 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
Quote:
| The Four Stages of Ideological Subversion: |
—————————————————————————— 1) Demoralization
(already “over-fulfilled” in 1985, per Soviet defector Yuri Bezmenov.)
2) Destabilization
(Years of destablizing Fannie and Freddie)
3)Crisis
(Both the Bailout Crisis and the Manufactured Crisis predicted by Joe Biden)
4) Communist “Normalization”
(The next President of the United States will determine whether or not we enter this fourth and final step)
Destroyed From Within: America’s Final Days of Freedom
(Please follow that link and watch the video.)
Stage 1 — Demoralization
The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already, for the last twenty-five years, actually it’s over-fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where previously not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such a tremendous success, most of it is done by Americans to Americans, thanks to lack of moral standards.
As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who is demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I showered him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures — even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him a concentration camp — he will refuse to believe it until he is going to receive a kick in his fat bottom. When a military boot crashes his butt, then he will understand, but not before that. That’s the tragedy of the situation of demoralization.
Stage 2 — Destabilization
The next stage is destabilization. This time the subverter does not care about your ideas and the patterns of your consumption, whether you eat junk food and get fat and flabby doesn’t matter anymore. This time — and it takes only from two to five years to destabilize a nation — what matters is essentials. Economy, foreign relations, defense systems. And you can see quite clearly that in some areas, in such sensitive areas as defense and economy, the influence of Marxist-Leninist ideas in the United States is absolutely fantastic. I could never believe it fourteen years ago when I landed in this part of the world that the process would go that fast.
Stage 3 — Crisis
The next stage of course is crisis, it may take only up to six weeks to bring a country to the verge of crisis, you can see it in Central America now. And after crisis, with a violent change of power, structure, and economy, you have a so-called period of normalization. It may last indefinitely.
Stage 4 — Normalization
Normalization is a cynical expression, borrowed from Soviet propaganda, when the Soviet tanks moved into Czechoslovakia in 1968, Comrade Brezhnev said, “Now the situation in brotherly Czechoslovakia is normalized.”
This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all the schmucks to bring the country to crisis. To promise people all kinds of goodies and a paradise on Earth. To destabilize your economy. To eliminate the principle of free market competition and to put a Big Brother government in Washington DC with benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not. He will go to Moscow to kiss the bottoms of a new generation of Soviet assassins, never mind, he will create false illusions that the situation is under control. The situation is not under control. The situation is disgustingly out of control.
Most of the American politicians, media, and educational system, trains another generation of people who think they are living at the peace time. False. The United States is in a state of war. Undeclared total war against the basic principles and the foundations of this system. And the initiator of this war is not Comrade Andropov of course, it’s the system — however ridiculous it may sound — the world Communist system, or the world Communist conspiracy. Whether I scare some people or not I don’t give a hoot. If you are not scared by now, nothing can scare you.
But you don’t have to be paranoid about it. What actually happens now, that unlike myself, you have literally several years to limp on unless the United States wakes up. The time bomb is ticking, with every second the disaster is coming closer and closer, unlike myself you will have no where to defect to. Unless you want to live in Antarctica with penguins. This is it, this is the last country of freedom and possibility.
Don't push your political adversaries too far away. We are still United States citizens of a Constitutional Democratic Republic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies