Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 06:57 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You didn't believe Trump had a snowball's chance in Hell of winning either....

So yeah, how'd that pan out for you?
By what Trump has done in the first 2 weeks in office, I would say our country has lost it's soul and beginning a downward spiral which will only hurt us in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 07:00 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
By what Trump has done in the first 2 weeks in office, I would say our country has lost it's soul and beginning a downward spiral which will only hurt us in the long run.
Americans love what Trump is doing. He won the election, and is doing what he said he would do. I was out last night, everyone was happy, spending money, and enjoying themselves. No panic like CNN said.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:00 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Response to Snowflake shows 7 out of 9 of the claims are actually (Fake News) lies.:

Trump lemmings are the most easily led and most cowardly bunch ever to enter the stage of human history:

False

"Waaah! Liberals are coming for our guns!"
True

"Mexico is sending their rapists here to impregnate our white girls, steal our jobs and start gangs! Build a wall to protect us! We need a safe place!"
False

"The degenerate homosexuals are going to force us to have gay sex!"
False

"The secularists are going to outlaw Jesus and burn the churches!"
False

"The babykillers are flooding the streets with blood!"
False

"Muslims are all violent jihadists who want to kill us!"
False

"All media is lying except Fox News and Breitbart!"

True

Cowards.
False

Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Study the OP. This Trump power will never end. It grows stronger with every protest, every time Schumer opens his mouth, now the Anti-American superbowl commercials and half time show. Nobody cares about muslims and illegal immigrants. Sorry.

I want to thank the entire anti-American presentation of the superbowl for helping to make Donald Trump even more powerful than he already is.
Nah, Trump answers to us. So he is not the powerful Oz he thinks he is. Just look how his ban on Muslims was fought against and struck down. So here we go again with him throwing a hissy fit on twitter because he didn't get his way...what a baby.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Nah, Trump answers to us. So he is not the powerful Oz he thinks he is. Just look how his ban on Muslims was fought against and struck down. So here we go again with him throwing a hissy fit on twitter because he didn't get his way...what a baby.
If Americans cared so much about Muslims. ... Donald Trump would not have been elected. ... sorry bud.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:13 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
That link does not prove what a landslide is. A dictionary might (might... will; but we live in a world where words can mean anything and God is dead, I guess, so we'll see if you accept it).

From Merriam-Webster:
a : a great majority of votes for one side
b : an overwhelming victory

Trump victory was not overwhelming. He did not have a great majority. I look forward to hearing about how dictionaries are fake news and feelings are people or whatever.
If you look at it from purely a numbers standpoint, no it's not technically a landslide.

But it wasn't just about numbers, was it?

If you look at what Trump overcame...

17 candidates in the primaries.

An openly hostile press and unashamedly biased media.

A system that favors establishment candidates.

A Democrat party so bent on winning that they ignored all of Hillary's flaws including her sandbagging the only real liberal in the race.

Running against an establishment candidate that was picked to be anoited and coronated more than elected.

Spending less that any candidate in probably decades.

Defying purposely weighted polls.

What Trump did wasn't a landslide...

It was a down right earthquake.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
If Americans cared so much about Muslims. ... Donald Trump would not have been elected. ... sorry bud.
How is that a response to my post. lol You completely ignored what I said.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Study the OP. This Trump power will never end. It grows stronger with every protest, every time Schumer opens his mouth, now the Anti-American superbowl commercials and half time show. Nobody cares about muslims and illegal immigrants. Sorry.

I want to thank the entire anti-American presentation of the superbowl for helping to make Donald Trump even more powerful than he already is.
Sounds like you would really love Stalin.
Then again, Trump's brain (Bannon) says this - so it all makes sense.

"we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant.

“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press....

Although most Americans know we have problems to solve, only a very few appreciate Dictators and the crashing down of all we have built.

I want to thank you for telling us you are in that club.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Sounds like you would really love Stalin.
Then again, Trump's brain (Bannon) says this - so it all makes sense.

"we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant.

“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press....

Although most Americans know we have problems to solve, only a very few appreciate Dictators and the crashing down of all we have built.

I want to thank you for telling us you are in that club.
Let me know if you need anymore tissues or diaper pins.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
How is that a response to my post. lol You completely ignored what I said.
You and the rest of the liberals completely ignored my OP. Study it long and hard. Go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies