Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 02:25 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,743,640 times

Advertisements

Celebrities like Sarah Silverman and Madonna want to overthrow Trump and destroy the white house. I don't understand their logic because they want to take away your guns. Now, they want to overthrow Trump. How do they plan on achieving this when they don't have any guns? And btw, the military won't support this. Also liberals claim they're "loving" and "compassionate" but they support and participate in acts of violence and destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 02:29 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Celebrities like Sarah Silverman and Madonna want to overthrow Trump and destroy the white house. I don't understand their logic because they want to take away your guns. Now, they want to overthrow Trump. How do they plan on achieving this when they don't have any guns? And btw, the military won't support this. Also liberals claim they're "loving" and "compassionate" but they support and participate in acts of violence and destruction.
Excellent summation! The fascist dems will repopulate the US with Muslims just to be voted in, then wake up one day to find their head rolling round on the floor.

No logic with fascist dems, they always shoot from the hip...but wait they have no guns?

Old 02-04-2017, 02:31 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,550,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I know plenty of liberals with guns, I own 3.

This narrative that liberals want to take away your guns is silly, it's just the loudest most obnoxious police state loving libs that make those threats, but they'd have to bring their own guns to take mine.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

This narrative that liberals want to take away your guns is silly, it's just the loudest most obnoxious police state loving libs that make those threats, but they'd have to bring their own guns to take mine.
It is utterly ridiculous. MANY liberals own guns.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:54 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Conservatives screeched for eight years about how Obama and the liberals were coming for their guns. And yet, no such calamity ever happened. But lookie here, that silly, old, worn out trope is back. And you can bet that every right-leaning poster here will jump in and propagate the lie, just as they have done for eight years now.

And just as they will propagate this new lie about how all those evil liberals want to overthrow the government.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:03 PM

16,536 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It is utterly ridiculous. MANY liberals own guns.
I think the OP and others are trying to say is that while not all liberals want a disarmed public, many of the leaders do, and use to openly say so.

More importantly, most liberals have been convinced that so called "common sense gun control" will be helpful and innocuous.
In reality they do not see the unintended consequences of giving an inch here, another inch there, and before you know it, the 2nd Amendment as the FF's intended is gone.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:09 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I think the OP and others are trying to say is that while not all liberals want a disarmed public, many of the leaders do, and use to openly say so.

More importantly, most liberals have been convinced that so called "common sense gun control" will be helpful and innocuous.
In reality they do not see the unintended consequences of giving an inch here, another inch there, and before you know it, the 2nd Amendment as the FF's intended is gone.
The way the government is going to be overthrown with this administration is from the inside-out, as Trump chips away our first amendment rights, first by banning or silencing the press, then by attempting to outlaw dissent, then by jailing protesters and charging them with felonies.

That's what the OP and everyone with a brain should be worried about. That is how this government will end, and it will happen deliberately and methodically, from the inside. We're already seeing the beginning of it.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conservatives screeched for eight years about how Obama and the liberals were coming for their guns. And yet, no such calamity ever happened. But lookie here, that silly, old, worn out trope is back. And you can bet that every right-leaning poster here will jump in and propagate the lie, just as they have done for eight years now.

Okay, then we can all agree that the gun control discussion is dead. Right?

Quote:
And just as they will propagate this new lie about how all those evil liberals want to overthrow the government.

How is it a lie when Silverman and Madonna variously stated that they wished either to overthrown the government or commit murder to effect a change in government?

How is it a lie when the Left is launching violent anti-free speech riots, and anti-inauguration riots, with anarchist flags and signs that say "become ungovernable"? You do know that the literal core defining characteristic of anarchy is to dismantle the government, correct?

The media's unwillingness to cover these rioters in any great detail, and specifically the symbolism that they use with their prominent and proudly flown flags that tells you who they are, makes the media establishment complicit in the rioters political aims.

Similar to if hundreds of Nazis were to hold anti-government riots, beat voters, loot shops, and commit arson on campus while flying Nazi flags, but the media chose to almost ignore these riots entirely, except for one superficial article in each media outlet, but did not tell the reader who these people actually were.
The media could be said to be covering for Nazis.

In this case, the media is covering for violent communists, by not outing their political aims, and are thus willfully complicit in supporting communist anti-government terrorism, specifically.

This is establishment complicity in undermining the new government, by covering for anti-government communist domestic terrorism.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Libs may own guns, but Conservatives have bought up all the ammo the last 8 years.

Thanks Obama.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:38 PM

426 posts, read 423,682 times
The only people who want to overthrow the government are the SS brothers, Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies