Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 05:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
If you are going to jet ski to super bowl party in texas and eat gulf shrimp and crawfish I bet you are in the gulf area, we have some of the highest rainfall averages in the country and its warm. Ferns hate cold weather, ideal is 63 to 78. I love rain but not if its 40 degrees.

It looks to be a nice warm day for super bowl but maybe some rain, I am so glad this is being held in retractable roof stadium in Houston, I love the looks of those games compared to outdoor stadiums.
I'm definitely a different strokes for different folks kind of guy.

Different people enjoy different things.

I'm outside of Houston.

If I were to move to another state, it would be Florida. I'd also consider CA and HI, but those would require a lot more income. I have to be on the water. Wakesurfing keeps this lizard sane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 05:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, you just proved your ignorance, again.
Ok...you guys are overrun by wild boars. Sorry for my forgetfulness.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok...you guys are overrun by wild boars. Sorry for my forgetfulness.
Yeah, we get it. You stereotype what you don't like.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:26 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,337,569 times
Quote:
California is doing what it has to do.

And will you people stop comparing Texas to California? One has beaches, Mountains, desert, excellent weather, snowy ski slopes, sequoias, beautiful people, the best universities in the country, goo gobs of culture, excellent wine, extremely fertile soil that grows pretty much anything you stick in the ground, the best car culture in the country, best Mexican food, and etc, etc, etc...

Texas? Well, they have uhhhh...er...ummm....bbq brisket and...uhh...whatever.
Texas has great universities, some gorgeous desert in big bend and west texas , beaches like padre island, gorgeous women,great tex mex food and Asian food and barbecue, a very good wine country and can grow all types of citrus and crops, great car culture not to mention aerospace and energy industry, much cleaner air ,commutes are way easier in Texas and ability to actually have some land.

I love both places but I would want to be wealthy to try and live in a metro in California , I lived there and loved it but its hard to start a family there. It is why so many people are moving to texas

Old 02-04-2017, 05:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,234,555 times
Quote:
California is doing what it has to do.

And will you people stop comparing Texas to California? One has beaches, Mountains, desert, excellent weather, snowy ski slopes, sequoias, beautiful people, the best universities in the country, goo gobs of culture, excellent wine, extremely fertile soil that grows pretty much anything you stick in the ground, the best car culture in the country, best Mexican food, and etc, etc, etc...

Texas? Well, they have uhhhh...er...ummm....bbq brisket and...uhh...whatever.
They have Dealey Plaza.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:29 PM

21,493 posts, read 10,609,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
"There are approximately 25 current toll roads in the state of Texas.[1] Toll roads are more common in Texas than in many other U.S. states, since the relatively low revenues from the state's gasoline tax limits highway planners' means to fund the construction and operation of highways."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...roads_in_Texas

Since our family drives electric cars, we haven't paid attention to gas prices. Thanks for reminding me.
Which just goes to show that Texas is smarter to not rely as heavily on gas taxes to fund roads. All drivers pay the toll, whether they buy gas or go electric. Though I don't think our gas tax is that low here in Texas. It's something like $.39 per gallon.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:38 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,286,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm in L.A.
Ahh, cool I didn't know.
Quote:
It's just something you put up with for the weather, scenery and just a general pleasant feeling. I meditate, exercise like crazy and love nature. That's why CA is important for me.
I hear ya. I'm a meditator too, love being outside, and I'm out there playing basketball to the point of exhaustion even when the mercury tops 95.
Quote:
...but I do get to see the SJWs in their natural habitat.
Haha, there is that!

Lots of good observational opportunities for my next book I bet.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:39 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,337,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm definitely a different strokes for different folks kind of guy.

Different people enjoy different things.

I'm outside of Houston.

If I were to move to another state, it would be Florida. I'd also consider CA and HI, but those would require a lot more income. I have to be on the water. Wakesurfing keeps this lizard sane.

sounds nice, should be a beautiful day temp wise tomorrow. Houston seems to be prefect temp wise this tine of the years. Watching the game with good beer and some gulf shrimp and crawfish and hopefully some pretty texas girls near the water sounds like a perfect way to watch it.

I love houston, amazing city and tons of stuff going on downtown, should really be a good spotlight for the city

Old 02-04-2017, 05:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,652,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Which just goes to show that Texas is smarter to not rely as heavily on gas taxes to fund roads. All drivers pay the toll, whether they buy gas or go electric. Though I don't think our gas tax is that low here in Texas. It's something like $.39 per gallon.
People don't like toll roads, go out of their way to avoid them, and the Texas State House has been drafting bills to turn the toll roads into free roads

Old 02-04-2017, 05:42 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,286,776 times
Quote:
O...you guys are overrun by wild boars...
Oh that's so true, I killed three of em on the way to work last Tuesday, and they're constantly getting into our vegetable / herb garden. One killed my ex's indoor / outdoor cat and I can't sleep sometimes with the sound of all those wild boars f**king at night. We have so many the neighbor kids open little pork stands instead of lemonade stands. They clog up the roads and you'll see them in people's pools and all over the lakes. Sometimes there are so many they're actually standing on top of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies