Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 08:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,795,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The United States has supported more dictators, more oppressive regimes, watched more people dying, started more wars, killed more innocent people after WWII than all other countries combined.

I may be off a little on my math but you get the idea.

But we are super innocent and have moral superiority.
No argument from me. But, what if President Obama had voiced that same opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:56 AM

275 posts, read 184,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The United States has supported more dictators, more oppressive regimes, watched more people dying, started more wars, killed more innocent people after WWII than all other countries combined.

I may be off a little on my math but you get the idea.

But we are super innocent and have moral superiority.
No true. The Soviet Union and their muppets communist parties around the world did their part too.
We are forgetting that post WWII US policy was to stop the Soviets and China invading as many countries as they could.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:03 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,699,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I wonder if we can ship Trump to Russia. He seems to respect Putin's political killings. From the comments on this board, one can deduct that Trump's fan base supports this, too.

O’Reilly told Trump that Putin is a killer. His reply: ‘You think our country is so innocent?’ – The Denver Post
I would not say it is defending Putin, but more like "do not throw rocks from a glass house."

Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 AM

1,261 posts, read 943,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Somehow I doubt you read all the Russian papers yesterday.
Of course I did not read all of them. Argumenty i fakty, RT, and Rossiiskaya Gazeta all covered the story. It's been picked up by the Western press today, I see.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:17 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,166,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would not say it is defending Putin, but more like "do not throw rocks from a glass house."
Really?

So, we have seen Trump attack and criticize: the press, EPA, Congressional members (both GOP and Dems), federal judges, Mexico, Iran, Australia, Arnold Schwarzenegger, protesters, Obama, SNL, California, Meryl Streep, refugees, Lockheed, Chicago, George Bush, POWs and the USA.

Could you cite some examples of anything negative he has said about Putin or Russia?

They either have something on him, or he is an idiot.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:11 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,200,196 times
Putin either has pee-pee pix or Trump has undisclosed financial interests in Russia.

Or both.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
I believe that one are where both liberals and conservatives would agree is that the United States needs to stop with foreign engagements.
I've seen no evidence of that from either side.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:33 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,699,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really?

So, we have seen Trump attack and criticize: the press, EPA, Congressional members (both GOP and Dems), federal judges, Mexico, Iran, Australia, Arnold Schwarzenegger, protesters, Obama, SNL, California, Meryl Streep, refugees, Lockheed, Chicago, George Bush, POWs and the USA.

Could you cite some examples of anything negative he has said about Putin or Russia?

They either have something on him, or he is an idiot.
Yea, really. The US hardly has a perfect record on the global stage and in the US itself. Not saying it is wrong or right, but just what it is. If the US is going to go hyperventilating mode in criticizing another country's actions, the US better have their ducks in a row first, and not go on a tirade of cherry picking to avoid the counter that comes up.

Trump has not criticized most countries and leaders in the world, he seems to have only leveled criticism at countries that are of real relevance to the US, like Mexico and China, and so far has only slightly followed the typical neocon foreign policy path.

Haley criticized Russia, rather harshly, at the UN.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:23 PM

708 posts, read 929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
No. We've supported and propped up FAR worse than Putin in the past. We are demonizing Putin for other reasons and using moral superiority as a smokescreen.
No doubt.
Regarding Russian expansion we need to have details concerning the relationship between Russia and the areas Russia is interested in expanding in. We need an accurate account directly from Russian leaders.

What facts did O'Reilly give to declare Putin a killer. Also what kind of comment is that for him to make?
Exactly how is that the object when the question was concerning co-operation with the Russian President?

It has been pointed out that we have strengthened our strategic position concerning Russia in the past decade. We are now at a distinct advantage over them. I imagine they know this and feel the weight.

IMHO we can strengthen our ties with Russia without exposing our jugular. I think it could benefit both countries.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:29 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,911,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
No doubt.
Regarding Russian expansion we need to have details concerning the relationship between Russia and the areas Russia is interested in expanding in. We need an accurate account directly from Russian leaders.
Did Russia demand we explain ourselves when we expanded into Iraq and Afghanistan?

Quote:
What facts did O'Reilly give to declare Putin a killer. Also what kind of comment is that for him to make?
Exactly how is that the object when the question was concerning co-operation with the Russian President?

It has been pointed out that we have strengthened our strategic position concerning Russia in the past decade. We are now at a distinct advantage over them. I imagine they know this and feel the weight.

IMHO we can strengthen our ties with Russia without exposing our jugular. I think it could benefit both countries.
O'Reilly's ratings would have been higher if Hillary would have won. He's just trying to drum up any old thing for attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies