Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times

Advertisements

Real Men buy shiny pickup trucks with bed covers and liners and get them modified for coal rolling.

Hey, didn't the founders of this country wear wigs, powder and makeup?

Silly people. Please. Larry the Cable guy is on and you are missing him when you post such "Great Debates" as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Egyptian men wore eyeliner and looked as sexy as hell, but beside that point...it's just as obnoxious when women purchase chemical laden, so called beauty products, due to the superficiality and preoccupation that people have with their looks and totally disregard the impact that the industry has on the environment and many times their physical health when the body absorbs these chemicals. Those are the issues that I see here OP.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,387,412 times
Not too uncommon to see gay men in L.A wearing makeup . I don't care what people look like as long as they are decent people.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 AM

381 posts, read 176,714 times
I've never seen a man with a full face of makeup even if he's gay in person. And if I did, it honestly wouldn't bother me. Some of them tend to be as (or more) feminine than women, so I may just be used to it. And then there's also metrosexuals who I think are straight men but have some dainty and effeminate manners--as a straight woman, this jumps out at me and I wouldn't date one.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:37 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,387,412 times
[quote=AprilAries;47086505]I've never seen a man with a full face of makeup even if he's gay in person. And if I did, it honestly wouldn't bother me. Some of them tend to be as (or more) feminine than women, so I may just be used to it. And then there's also metrosexuals who I think are straight men but have some dainty and effeminate manners--as a straight woman, this jumps out at me and I wouldn't date one.[/QUOTE]

you shouldn't move to L.A then ,lol !
Just kidding .. sort of .

Old 02-05-2017, 09:49 AM

381 posts, read 176,714 times
[quote=jm1982;47086539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I've never seen a man with a full face of makeup even if he's gay in person. And if I did, it honestly wouldn't bother me. Some of them tend to be as (or more) feminine than women, so I may just be used to it. And then there's also metrosexuals who I think are straight men but have some dainty and effeminate manners--as a straight woman, this jumps out at me and I wouldn't date one.[/QUOTE]

you shouldn't move to L.A then ,lol !
Just kidding .. sort of .
Lol! Thanks for the warning. It would be a culture shock for me as Michiganders are still fairly conservative where I live despite living in a politically blue area.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:58 AM

4,541 posts, read 2,769,358 times
It's quite common for men to wear make up in South Korea actually.

Anyways, I'm sick of these self described libertarians complaining about what people can and can't do.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,786,749 times
FYI - some of the founding fathers wore wigs and makeup

Old 02-05-2017, 10:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,316,143 times
I've seen it in Denver, although it's not common. It doesn't bother me at all, and I'm a woman who doesn't even use make-up. People of both genders have been interested in grooming and fashion for eons. Afghani men wear eye liner. As another poster pointed out, the founders wore wigs and powdered their faces (likely to hide the effects of syphilis, but that's another thread). Men at the turn of the century coated their mustaches in thick wax and twisted them into amazing contructions. Although most men do not wear make-up like that featured in the link, average guys now shape their eyebrows and beards, use hair products, and wax their chests and backs. So what? A little bronzer never hurt anyone.

Last edited by randomparent; 02-05-2017 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-05-2017, 10:24 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Well, our past leader Obama was said to be a closet homosexual. That may be why he promoted the homosexual agenda so vigorously. Even appointing a homosexual to run the army.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/barack-obama-gay-hustler-_n_4242447.html

https://www.mrconservative.com/2015/12/68010-breaking-obama-and-his-chief-of-staff-are-members-of-the-same-gay-bath-house/

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/02/27/former-breitbart-reporter-why-did-obama-join-the-gay-club-at-occidental-college/

Was Obama of the homosexual persuasion?

I have no idea. But for a straight guy he sure was an effeminate, highly motivated homosexual promotion machine...wasn't he?

The dems are a very confused and sick party. They will force-feed the homosexual agenda to America and promote it as wholesome as apple pie. The dems will swear up and down a man with a penis is a woman. What a confused society Obama created. We can all be grateful for one thing. Without Obama we could not have Trump. Obama created a world where anything goes. In such a world even Trump can be Prez!

C'mon, don't we have bigger problems in our country than to try and force women to accept mentally ill men into their bathrooms? Apparently not, it is on the top of the agenda with the dems, right along repopulating America with illegal aliens and Sharia Law.
Why do you have so much intolerance to people who are different than yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies