Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:38 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to the people of Berkeley for showing the world what lovely fascist they are. Can't have a gay conservative person actually "speak" now can we. Can't engage in a debate now can we. No, you went and stopped the speaking engagement with destruction of private property, vandalism, physical violence, and threats to those involved in the speaking engagement. Good job fascist! What's next? Find any books in the university library that may have thoughts you disagree with and make bonfires out of them? Dress in black with red arm bands and go smashing windows of people you think may be conservative? Demand anyone who is Republican be required to wear a sewn on patch to identify them as Republican? Move them to the rundown outskirts of the city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 07:45 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Congratulations to the people of Berkeley for showing the world what lovely fascist they are. Can't have a gay conservative person actually "speak" now can we. Can't engage in a debate now can we. No, you went and stopped the speaking engagement with destruction of private property, vandalism, physical violence, and threats to those involved in the speaking engagement. Good job fascist! What's next? Find any books in the university library that may have thoughts you disagree with and make bonfires out of them? Dress in black with red arm bands and go smashing windows of people you think may be conservative? Demand anyone who is Republican be required to wear a sewn on patch to identify them as Republican? Move them to the rundown outskirts of the city?
It is too bad what has happened over the years in the land of fruits and nuts. I guess it just gets nuttier and fruitier? Until what? I don't know.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Rioting in order to block free speech... and they say liberals are tolerant lol

Old 02-02-2017, 08:48 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
It was a sad night even if those committing violence were few compared to the number that showed up.

I really don't get how the Bay Area a bastion of Freedom of Speech and Tolerance of Diversity has flipped a 180...

I learned several of my 70+ year old retired neighbors voted for Trump... I was surprised to learn this and the neighborhood had a lot of Hillary Posters and NO Trump anything.

Old Jim who is retired Military and age 77 said he was afraid of what might happen to him, his home and his car should he express his support for Trump... now he is more convinced than ever he did the right thing... just turn on the news he said.

I'm guessing there are millions like him around the country that see the destruction and violence and feel validated?

What a sad commentary when Americans are afraid to express an opinion...

Old 02-02-2017, 08:51 AM

882 posts, read 689,191 times
Liberal response..."how can you stereotype a whole group of people by the behavior of a bunch of thugs" or "that wasn't us" (yep, never is).

I remember all those Conservative riots when.....Oh wait, nevermind

Old 02-02-2017, 08:59 AM

629 posts, read 620,108 times
This is the most tolerant place in the world as long as you agree with everyone else.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,945 times
This thread makes me happy there is still some common sense up the 5, although it's unfortunate the left wing nutbag fascists far outnumber sanity.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 AM

244 posts, read 181,142 times
Not a big fan of Milo, but am a big fan of free speech. Folks should not be so trollable.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:26 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,665,943 times
All these liberals out doing early campaigning for Trump's reelection in 2020 is refreshing. This is the type of crap people who voted for Trump are tired of. Plenty of people who voted for Trump also voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 but they have become disheartened with the Democratic party because of it's intolerance. The BLM movement was another thing that got Trump elected we are tired of the hypocrisy of the liberals.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:31 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,698,390 times
I just returned from Washington State and actually saw We Support President Trump signs...

Can't say that I saw any Trump Support in my California travels.

There was a time when violence and property destruction would simply not have been tolerated.

It looks like the SF Bay Area is at the epicenter of the Trump Backlash nationwide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies