Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,320,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
They no longer believe in checks and balances.

Imagine the rage they're about to feel when they learn that executive orders may be issued by the president but congress holds the purse strings.

Lol...there's nothing better than libs suddenly concerned about checks and balances or purse strings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,981,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How so? Exactly which Constitutional right and of whom's is he violating?
Aliens that have not stepped foot on American soil have no constitutional rights. It is a different story once they reach America. Green card holders and immigrants do have some protection under the constitution but not the same as a citizen.

I am eager to see his response myself.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:42 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,695,857 times
I don't know about you guys, but it thrills me to see Trump being taken to task !!!

Bet he is having a fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:46 AM

7,735 posts, read 5,504,270 times
He can't stop losing

Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,752,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Aliens that have not stepped foot on American soil have no constitutional rights. It is a different story once they reach America. Green card holders and immigrants do have some protection under the constitution but not the same as a citizen.
As far as Green Card holders... Once they leave the US, they, as foreign citizens not yet readmitted entry to the US, have no Constitutional rights. They are adequately warned about that and accept such known risks before they travel abroad.

Likewise, I, as a US citizen located abroad, have no Constitutional right whatsoever to keep and bear arms in a foreign country which prohibits such.

Here's what the left fails to understand... those located outside the US and have not yet been permitted entry/re-entry by Immigration do not have Constitutional rights. Constitutional rights apply to those located within the US, only. They do not apply worldwide.

Quote:
I am eager to see his response myself.
Me, too.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:48 AM

5,063 posts, read 2,271,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's interesting, this all or nothing approach. Yes, there will probably be vetting lapses. Humans do vetting, humans make mistakes. The problem is, I don't see all this outrage when there are vetting lapses when it comes to owning a firearm. There are so many lapses with the background check process but, oh well.

I think if you want to have the mentality of being 100% sure about everything that poses a risk to citizens, you need to carry that mentality forward on EVERYTHING. Food, drugs, guns, people.

But I just see a bunch of pickers-and-choosers based on preferential fears.
You're probably talking about the states' process of submitting medical information to NICS, which is driven by HIPPA laws. That's not a lapse, it's the issue of privacy rights.

If anything, when it comes to guns, the mistakes are most likely to happen in the opposite direction. I know quite a few people who have been denied when there's no reason for it. It's mostly due to their name being mixed up with someone else, but for a handful of other strange reasons as well. One friend in the city is being denied a purchase permit because he already has a gun. There is no limit on number in the city, only laws about how they must be stored if you have more than five. This is a case of his assigned investigating officer being an ass and either not knowing the laws, or interpreting them incorrectly. Now he has to spend his time and money fighting it.

And, REMINDER, owning a firearm is a constitutionally protected, natural (as in - you're born with it if you're a citizen of this country) right.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,208,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
He can't stop losing
There is no way a country cannot have a say in who it wants to let in and who can't. There is no way this judge order will ever stand.

Trump will ultimately win. You are just asking to be embarrassed by your arrogance when this thread gets bumped in a few weeks showing you were wrong just like all these Trump hate threads predicting him to lose in the elections.

Liberals never learn their lessons. Have to come back for more beat downs.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,320,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post

Bet he is having a fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I doubt it. It's the Ninth Circuit, guys like Trump and Bannon knew full well what was going to happen.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:57 AM

88,930 posts, read 44,752,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There is no way a country cannot have a say in who it wants to let in and who can't. There is no way this judge order will ever stand.

Trump will ultimately win. You are just asking to be embarrassed by your arrogance when this thread gets bumped in a few weeks showing you were wrong.
Agree 100%. The ruling is just not defensible in any way, shape, or form. Those located outside the US, who have not yet been permitted entry/re-entry by Immigration at a port of entry simply have no Constitutional rights. Just like I, a US citizen, have no Constitutional right to keep and bear arms in a foreign country which prohibits such.

Those present in the US on (work, student, etc.) visas or green cards are made aware of the risks of leaving the US to travel abroad. As a foreigner, who must travel on their foreign passport, they have no guarantee of re-entry to the US.

It's a shame that so many are ignorant of those facts. The ignorance is creating a lot of strife.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:58 AM

7,735 posts, read 5,504,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

Trump will ultimately win. You are just asking to be embarrassed by your arrogance when this thread gets bumped in a few weeks showing you were wrong just like all these Trump hate threads predicting him to lose in the elections.

Liberals never learn their lessons. Have to come back for more beat downs.
"liberals never learn their lesson so us real smart conservatives keep voting for war and trickle down economics because that seems to work!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies