Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:08 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I feel sorry for this transgender male to female mayor. Does this person think s/he will "pass" as a woman? No way. Never. Looks like a male in drag.

I wish our societal gender stereotypes allowed for a continuum of male and female. Instead of a male having to "become a female", society perhaps would be more kind to accept feminine males.
They don't want to be feminine males. They self-identify as "all woman." They want to be women. They can't really be women biologically, of course. But they want to identify as women.

But she didn't have to come out. I'm sure everyone knew it because she looks like a guy. And if it's a small town, everyone knew she was "Bob."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Most normal everyday people don't give a dang what you are or who you sleep with. Will SJWs ever realize this? No. Because it does not play into the victim game.
I didn't bring up the victim angle; you did. There is a reason that topics such as these are discussed and discussed often. Transgender people (and to a lesser extent, gay people in general) are far more likely to be victims of hate crimes and other violent death than the regular Bobs of the world. I think that people who are garden variety heterosexuals harp on the "victim" thing because they don't want topics such as this discussed at all. Or they want to deny that discrimination against LGBTQ people still exists, and it does. If you don't believe it, read some of the other replies to this very thread.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
They don't want to be feminine males. They self-identify as "all woman." They want to be women. They can't really be women biologically, of course. But they want to identify as women.

But she didn't have to come out. I'm sure everyone knew it because she looks like a guy. And if it's a small town, everyone knew she was "Bob."
The problem with an obvious male "identifying as a woman" is the rest of society has to pretend an obvious male is a woman when he actually looks like "Bob" in drag. "Bob" is asking society to pretend a man wearing a dress, heels, and nail polish is "all woman". It is unfair to make the rest of us join in "Bob's" delusion, in my opinion.

Luckily, I'm not related to this mayor or his friend. I'm not sure I would be able to participate in the daily fraud.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
What a freak. The problem with this is she is crazy and should not be in any executive position.
He, not she.

No matter what you are told otherwise

Old 02-05-2017, 04:56 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I wonder why he/she/it felt an announcement was necessary?
I wonder why it was necessary to announce it on a world wide forum?
Oh, well, whatever...

Old 02-05-2017, 05:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wonder why he/she/it felt an announcement was necessary?
I wonder why it was necessary to announce it on a world wide forum?
Oh, well, whatever...
Announcements are ALWAYS necessary because without them whatever you are doing doesn't count!

Old 02-10-2017, 11:37 PM

5 posts, read 2,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Times are changing? Lol if someone transitioning from a male to a female is a "positive change" then we need to get our priorities straight.
For the person who is transitioning from male to female, this is an extremely "positive change". It may not be for you, or your family or neighbors - but wait, how do you know that some member of your family isn't feeling the same kind of feelings that this Mayor has been dealing with? The answer is you don't because you don't sound like the kind of person they would be comfortable coming out too. Imagine that, you may have lived with someone most of their life, and they didn't trust you to tell you the most basic thing about themselves. They may be waiting until you die before they come out, just to avoid having to deal with you.

If you have always liked yourself, felt comfortable in your own skin, never felt conflicted when someone called you 'boy' or 'son' when you were younger, then that is awesome for you! I was never that lucky, and neither was this mayor, and neither were thousands upon thousands of other people in this country who have suffered from this debilitating condition. But slowly, very slowly, over the years more and more of us have stood up and said ENOUGH! and have come forward and demanded our place in the sun, away from the shadows and done with the hiding and no longer afraid to raise our hands and say that we count too. We are your neighbors, your co-workers, your Aunts, and Uncles, and cousins, and maybe your boss. Or maybe the cop who just gave you a break on that ticket. Or the soldier in the desert who is defending your right to say mean and derogatory things about him, all the while knowing that this past election cost him his opportunity for the health care necessary to transition and have his surgery so that she can become the person she has always felt herself to be. You may not know who we are, or where we are. But you can be sure of this. We are all over the country, and we aren't going away. And we only want two things - to live life the same way that you do, and for you, the government, and the churches, to just leave us alone.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
As long as the job is done well, who cares.

Houston had an openly lesbian mayor, and nobody really cared.

What does it matter what junk you may or may not have or who you sleep with; just do the job well.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Collin County?

Yeah, that'll last REALLY long.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:56 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Well, duh. Does she think no one knew? She looks like a guy in a wig.

He is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies