Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 11:39 AM

379 posts, read 254,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
It's all excuses.
Jews in USSR suffered from terrible governmental and "regular" antisemitism, half of them was murdered in WW2 and still they were the most educated and non-criminal community in USSR.
Hahahah! Let me know why the Soviet government was loaded with Jews then. Why don't you read about communist Jews like Lazar Kaganovic, Genrick Yagoda, Moshe Pijade, and Bela Kuhn who murdered and persecuted people by the millions!

Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,897,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I had an enlightening conversation with a very successful Asian man about this topic. He asked me (a white woman) if I would I have chosen to be born a different race? Any other race. I was surprised to think about it from that perspective. I answered "no, I would not." He asked if I would have chosen to be born male. I answered no to that as well. Now, certainly I might have answered the way I did because I am a white woman, so I'm comfortable with that. But even with all the success he's had as Asian man, he said he would have chosen to be white man. That, all other things being equal, white people have less barriers in front of them, because, while we're a melting pot, "white" is still the standard in America.

I know half of y'all won't even bother to try to see things from someone's point of view, but you don't know how much you're missing out on.
Sounds like an insecure person who has a bit of a racist complex, in fact it sounds like something a racist self hating SJW would come up with to promote their point.

In fact, I know you are full of crap.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:49 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,897,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Did you forget to check your white privilege?
Yeah. Silly guy he is, white people can't be discriminated against!!! /sarc

Old 02-06-2017, 12:01 PM

20,624 posts, read 19,284,184 times
Do blacks think their all black neighborhoods do not have racists? Do they really? I can't say I go too often , but when I did all I ever got was racist crap. That includes the basket ball court at the play ground and stopping at a McDonald's. Its unworkable.

I do feel sorry of the middle class blacks because they are in a rock and a hard place. They are running from the hood rats and then have to deal with the reputation the hood rats make, but no law is going to make it better. it does not matter what you do to whites. Black racism simply makes it unworkable. I've been there and done that.

What are you going to do about Latinos and Asians? Blacks are racist against them as well.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:03 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,718,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I will note that I am am a white.........(that) differentiates on actions and lifestyles, not color. I have no use for the dysfunctional black urban underclass, and at the same time I have no use for the white trailer trash that are also dysfunctional and self defeating.
Same here. I do believe that prejudice and racism exists, as I personally know and have argued with some racists, and recognize that I have some prejudice myself. But it is mostly based on what was said above. I do have sympathy for people who do it "right" and still get treated badly. That is not right.

I have some white trash neighbors that I would gladly trade for some nice, clean, self-supporting black neighbors.

With all that said, I really don't think that racism and prejudice can be "legislated" away. I just don't think that is the way to attack the problem....I also don't think it will ever be eradicated or "solved", because of the basic nature of humanity (selfishness, greed, pride, etc.). Not to say that we shouldn't try to solve it, because even a little change does some good for someone somewhere, but it's not the government's function.

And I do think that some (more by the day, it seems) blacks find "racism" everywhere because they are looking for it, expecting it, seeing everything and everyone as "black or white".

Old 02-06-2017, 12:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,343,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What if I'm...

* Non-white, dark complected
* Male
* Usually bearded, most of the time a goatee
* Not as young as I used to be but not an old man
* Tall, was stocky when I was younger
* Been told I have a "gruff" exterior...a scowl

Which trait is responsible for a perceived bad experience with a stranger? Do I just pick one like this family does or how does it work?

I also still dress like I could be a drummer for a Seattle grunge band circa 1992 unless work dictates otherwise.

So maybe it's the clothes when someone doesn't hold a door for me?
People must be biased against young Dave Grohl. You should transition to old dad-version Dave Grohl to avoid all this grungism you're experiencing. Actually, you could just identify as Dave Grohl and call out any bigots that question you.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 PM

5,299 posts, read 2,343,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iposted View Post
In my personal experience. Foreign black people are usually not that racist, but African Americans are by far the most racist people on this planet. Not just against whites, but every group that isn't African American, and African Americans have tremendous hatred for there own race and there own people too. I agree with you on the point you made. I've encountered pretty extreme, in your face, violent racism almost every time I visited a black neighborhood, but these same people will cry about "microagressions".
Sounds like those people need to look up "projection".

Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 PM

52,504 posts, read 34,224,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Your quote doesn't make sense in relation to crack. FWIW whites used crack more than blacks did.
cite please.

Quote:
Also, according to your own link alcohol and heroin outrank crack for "harm" and should have much harsher sentences than crack (which is not as commonly used today as heroin or alcohol). Due to that, way more white people should be locked up. They are alcoholics and heroin addicts at a much higher rate than black Americans. Honestly, one of the only subjects that really do portray to me the racism of our society is within the criminal justice system and the relation to disparate sentencing for black vs. white offenders.
alcohol is legal, cocaine and crack are not. you're suggesting locking up people for not breaking the law?

your point is moot.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:26 PM

25,794 posts, read 16,443,002 times
If African Americans worked on becoming the best parents and mentors to their children, if they turned their back on welfare and became the hardest workers with the best work ethic NONE of these perceived problems would be a problem any longer.

If they were smart they would get together and tell the gov to stick their welfare where the sun don't shine and demand opportunities to earn their own money.

Like the Tuskeegee Airmen did in WWII. Work harder, study harder and practice your skills and make people request your services because you are the best. Not because they have to to fill some quota.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:27 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,761,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iposted View Post
In my personal experience. Foreign black people are usually not that racist, but African Americans are by far the most racist people on this planet. Not just against whites, but every group that isn't African American, and African Americans have tremendous hatred for there own race and there own people too. I agree with you on the point you made. I've encountered pretty extreme, in your face, violent racism almost every time I visited a black neighborhood, but these same people will cry about "microagressions".
We came by it honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies