Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 11:50 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Go there and see it yourself.
I've been to Africa, a diverse continent with millions of people and many cultures vastly different from each other and thousands of languages spoken. No they do not eat anything alive.

Its beautiful, you should visit sometimes.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:58 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Civilized people raise animals for food. We don't eat cats and dogs. I have seen Koreans chasing Canadian geese on golf courses for food here in America. Don't bring your gutter culture to America.
Did they chase the geese with a 4 iron or a 7 iron? Do we know that the goose really came from Canada? How can we be sure??

& what does a Korean eating a delicious goose.... have to do with a Football team at an exclusive prep school singing Rap lyrics (without censoring them) or a wealthy family having a pool AND a tennis court in their back yard, but all of the family members s*ck at tennis?

Old 02-07-2017, 12:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
I've been to Africa, a diverse continent with millions of people and many cultures vastly different from each other and thousands of languages spoken. No they do not eat anything alive.

Its beautiful, you should visit sometimes.
In the resorts, of course. Go outside and to the countryside.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Could you please provide some proof for your statement?
See post 144 the case that we were discussing is included within that post. FYI - you even quoted the post and made an off-topic remark about it regarding "liberal review board" in post 152.

Read the link.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:04 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My Grandparents were 100% German born of German immigrants. During WWI they were the victims of terrible backlash and discrimination but they were highly skilled farmers and carpenters. They prospered despite the discrimination because they did the best work. My Grandpa at 70 years old built the house I grew up in. He was a talented guy and everyone knew it, even though he was hated for who he was and who he was born to.

Sound familiar? You have to stop obsessing with the people that dislike you in your head and make your own life in this world.

The Lord gives you ONE CHANCE. What are you going to do with it today?

BTW, if you think I said "All black people are lazy and on welfare" That is a big part of your problem. You have a screwed up perception.
Again, can we stop trying to compare stuff to the black experience in the U.S.? Your white german grandparents moved on their own terms to another white country, where eventually your parents weren't immigrants, but white americans just a generation later. How is any of this comparable to what blacks went through? Your grandparents were allowed to join whiteness to add to the numbers. Was there a jim crow for Germans in America? Just please stop with these white European immigrant-hard work stories, that are clearly meant to call blacks lazy without any context.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:11 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The point of the story wasn't about entitlement or arrogance though. The dad is a administrative partner in a law firm, he's a super lawyer, he specializes in international banking and investment. Yes, the family is super wealthy. They get along fine in their office environment, their neighborhood, their clubs and entertainment venues. The problem lies with random incidents at airports and so on. While I'm not sure how much is rudeness and how much is racism, I have no doubt that the racism does happen. Anyway, they aren't saying they should be immune, they are just pointing out it's still there.

Okay, as are a lot of -isms. People get treated badly (unfairly) sometimes for wrong reasons. That will never change. If it is just rudeness, it is really part of life, whatever the reason is for it. What is bad about this is how people choose to deal with it and some groups seem to want to punish other groups for it.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
How did the 13% commit 50% of all murders?
Explore life and pursue real truths, go and read the actual police statistics... and you just might shock yourself awake. Look at the broad history of what is murders and all the types and acts of such.
Our Media of cable has 100's of channels and many run cop shows 24/7/365 and can't keep up with all the white crimes of murder and they base their scripts of real life events, that are 99% scripts written about white crime and white murder.

Think, and consider much, it may help stick with the subject and not try to promote your stereotypical mis information's.

Geez.... always trying to deflect, divert and deny rather than read "to learn", stop reading looking for an angle to support the continuance of uninformed mentalities, which results to promote ignorance.

All that's written in this thread and you learned absolutely nothing, and insult yourself to make such comment that demonstrates that you ignored the vast amount of information shared by a variety of people.

Inequity produces many things, generational inequity promotes even more widespread, when you figure that out, you will learn how to interpret your own question. As well you might then ask yourself a question as to how and why did so many white people be and remain being so poor and of destitution when they had a skin color that afforded them every area of accessibility to American opportunity for 300+ yrs.

Here's a questions for you to pursue inquiry unless your fear the truth of such... How is it that 13% of the population produced the greatest wealth this country knew in the first 200+ years of its existence? If you answer that questions truthfully, it may bring your to come to respect the same people, your initial questions was seeking to denigrate? Then ask yourself, how could the greater % have remained and fought to remain abusive and greed driven for some many centuries and decades, and had no conscience of being so, but more focus only on the vanity and greed gains, which supported egos built upon such inhumane conduct?

Hopefully, the perspective will prompt you to want to learn more to get to truths that matter.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
"A hotel employee ignored their family at the front desk, only to help a white customer in line behind them. Was he racist, or did he just overlook them? A white guy at the airport rolled over Frances’ foot with his suitcase and refused to apologize. Was he racist, or simply rude? Kids at school joked that their son and other black students looked like a gang. When will it end?"

Lol, serious? Wow, way to really be reaching for something to play victim about.

I had an Asian lady hit the back of my foot with a shopping cart this week - racism!
It took forever for my wife to get service after we got out drinks at a restaurant, and the server was a black female - racism!

When will it end?

If these people really want to experience and negative environment, they should go live in some mostly black ghetto somewhere, and see just how well other blacks treat them; they will be fleeing for white suburbia as soon as possible, as many blacks do as soon as they can afford it.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:24 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
"A hotel employee ignored their family at the front desk, only to help a white customer in line behind them. Was he racist, or did he just overlook them? A white guy at the airport rolled over Frances’ foot with his suitcase and refused to apologize. Was he racist, or simply rude? Kids at school joked that their son and other black students looked like a gang. When will it end?"

Lol, serious? Wow, way to really be reaching for something to play victim about.

I had an Asian lady hit the back of my foot with a shopping cart this week - racism!
It took forever for my wife to get service after we got out drinks at a restaurant, and the server was a black female - racism!

When will it end?

If these people really want to experience and negative environment, they should go live in some mostly black ghetto somewhere, and see just how well other blacks treat them; they will be fleeing for white suburbia as soon as possible, as many blacks do as soon as they can afford it.
I never had a black person treat me bad in black neighborhoods I lived in growing up. What's your point? You'd be surprised at how different things are compared to hollywoods version of a "black ghetto somewhere".

Old 02-07-2017, 01:30 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I never had a black person treat me bad in black neighborhoods I lived in growing up. What's your point? You'd be surprised at how different things are compared to hollywoods version of a "black ghetto somewhere".
Of course, we all know black ghettos are beacons of high living standards and peaceful neighbors. Everyone is trying to get into them to live, songs have been written about how wonderful life is there, movies produced showing such wonderful places.

Unfortunately, because demand is so high to move into these places, prices are not affordable for many people, such as the family in this story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies