Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Conservatism is not the problem. Donald Trump( who isnt a real conservative) is the problem.

Of course, those anarchists must be stopped.

My large extended family is devoutly religious and very conservative( Think Reagan-Bush) and concentrated in the Bay Area and they dont hide it at all. Im one of the few who are Liberal Dems.

So while Im not going to label this as 'fake news', I will say that this is rooted in misguided hypersensitivity.

Furthermore conservatives, I think youd like much of the 925 area code.
Lol, they don't have to hide. They're a visible minority and also who's going to mess wit dem!
There is truth to this in an area like that mainly for groups. While agree it's the far left and anarchists, there is probably the highest number of those types in the Bay Area than anywhere else. Maybe they need some 'island' protection!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 05:47 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
This is amazing...claims that conservatives have to 'hide' from liberals. I have a number of conservative friends and relatives, they aren't hiding or going to secret meetings. And the OP just had to throw in "fascist dems", why? Who does this constant name calling and general nastiness benefit?

Old 02-05-2017, 05:51 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This is amazing...claims that conservatives have to 'hide' from liberals. I have a number of conservative friends and relatives, they aren't hiding or going to secret meetings. And the OP just had to throw in "fascist dems", why? Who does this constant name calling and general nastiness benefit?
Is sounds fishy that a secretive right group would invite the leftist press to a meeting.

If I was a betting man I'd say this was fake news by the liberal media to induce scorn.

After all, there is no way to track down these righties who are allegedly afraid. Not without your secret decoder ring.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No harassment here but I avoid talking politics with people that I know are quite liberal or anti Trump because reason has gone out the window there. One of my family members does post things on FB occasionally that leans conservative and sometimes is supportive of a Trump policy. He's lost FB friends and someone, we don't know who, subscribed us to a really far right newspaper, one of those independent things with a couple thousand subscribers (we looked it up). It has some pretty IN YOUR FACE headlines and gets delivered to the house... and NOT in a plane brown wrapper. I can only guess what this was supposed to accomplish.
You got that too??

Many of my "liberal" friends have called me a "white supremacist" cause I voted for Trump. Tho I've NOT slammed their kind for supporting Hillary. Despicable hypocrites.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:38 PM

42,840 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You got that too??
Many of my "liberal" friends have called me a "white supremacist" cause I voted for Trump. Tho I've NOT slammed their kind for supporting Hillary. Despicable hypocrites.
Sounds odd that a "friend" of yours would call you a white supremacist, are you sure they were your friends?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:00 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,199 times
Wait, what... They have to be secret so they go to the media. Huh? He than says (I paraphrase) that people here won't think of Trump as so scary when the jobs and prosperity comes back. Is he really living in the East Bay? We've been in a boom for years now. WTF is he talking about??? He's talking like he lives in rural Nebraska where the jobs disappeared and most of the people did too.

Also, this is mostly all an urban area but I suspect this is in the 680 corridor - very wealthy and 30+ miles outside SF. I don't think the majority of the people care if you are conservative unless you are in a grocery store screaming at the people of color to go back to where they came from. I would hope that wouldn't be acceptable anywhere in the country.

I do agree with him that the thugs in Berkeley that were violent should be punished and have no right to do what they did. I don't like either extreme. It's only a matter of time before they attack Oakland again.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
From violent you better see it my way liberals; yes.
Geezus. After years of hearing you billy badass conservatives talking big all these years about how tough you are and all the guns you own, you're all revealing yourselves to be nothing but a bunch of big Baby Hueys.

Stiffen up for goodness sakes. Your guy is in charge. Act like it and stop crying.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:31 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Wait, what... They have to be secret so they go to the media. Huh? He than says (I paraphrase) that people here won't think of Trump as so scary when the jobs and prosperity comes back. Is he really living in the East Bay? We've been in a boom for years now. WTF is he talking about??? He's talking like he lives in rural Nebraska where the jobs disappeared and most of the people did too.
Trump supporters are both delusional and extremely whiny, unable to accept any responsible for their own situation. They just want a minority or a liberal to blame for their own failure.

The comments on that article are a real treat - nothing like watching the crazies see who can threaten to murder anyone who disagrees with them the hardest.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:35 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Never fear libs. Most liberals are to be treated as you would treat an unruly child. The more you pander to them, the worse they behave, so it's best just to ignore them.
Do not fear us, we trying to help ya'll

Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 PM

27,128 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Awww. Do the snowflakes need a safe space?

Yes, you said you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies