Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My question is why you condone murder?

You start swinging on me, it is going to be Treyvon Martin laying on the pavement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
I think some are missing the point here.

I'm not condoning or siding with criminals.

What I am against is irresponsible actions by people trying to be heroes when the situation did not call for it.

It's one thing if two robbers barged into a Wal-mart with guns a blazing and threatening customers. In those cases, I applaud if someone with a concealed weapon ventilated them.

However, situations like these, where the robbers were calmly putting their items into a getaway car, does not warrant it (nor the other situation I mentioned where some 'hero' decides to pull a gun on two jewel thieves calmly walking to their getaway car, and as a result several innocent bystanders were seriously hurt in the ensuing gun battle). In these situations, things were escalated as a result of these 'heroes' actions.

Like I said, I'm sure there's some store policy for employees NOT to do what this employee did. So I'm more against what the employee did, which resulted in escalating the situation where a stranger pulled his gun.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:53 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

However, situations like these, where the robbers were calmly putting their items into a getaway car, does not warrant it (nor the other situation I mentioned where some 'hero' decides to pull a gun on two jewel thieves calmly walking to their getaway car, and as a result several innocent bystanders were seriously hurt in the ensuing gun battle). In these situations, things were escalated as a result of these 'heroes' actions.

Like I said, I'm sure there's some store policy for employees NOT to do what this employee did. So I'm more against what the employee did, which resulted in escalating the situation where a stranger pulled his gun.

The calm thief reached for something. If a gun, I am happy he was the one who ended up dead.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:56 PM

636 posts, read 392,680 times
Quote:

What I am against is irresponsible actions by people trying to be heroes when the situation did not call for it.

It's one thing if two robbers barged into a Wal-mart with guns a blazing and threatening customers. In those cases, I applaud if someone with a concealed weapon ventilated them.

Exactly.

It's the American version of the American perception of Sharia Law.
Death over some diapers.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Thumbs down Who on earth is defending these thugs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Breaking the law has consequences.
Exactly. With 4 thugs, they would never be detained voluntarily and if they fight arrest, then they run the risk of being injured. If thugs to choose even to shoplift, especially in groups, they are professional thieves.

If employees tazed them, some of you would whine too. Pepper spray? ... but they are just shoplifting...

Come on. As the sign says in the bathroom, shoplifting is a criminal activity. Crime doesn't pay.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:00 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Taking out the trash-good start.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:02 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,302,106 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
Exactly.

It's the American version of the American perception of Sharia Law.
Death over some diapers.

You do not know what happened and you two are jumping to conclusion....if the story reads "Man stealing diapers get shot by a Walmart employee" you may have a point and I would actually feel sorry for the poor guy getting up dead because he was stealing diapers...

However the guy that was loading the stolen merchandise may have been confronted verbally by the Walmart employee and in reaction to this produced a weapon or attacking violently the employee with a bat, a knife or whatever...in that case I have no problem for the fellow to end up with a bullet hole...at all....

I'm sure there is more to the story....

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Is there a government program to provide his family with the equivalent of all he would have stolen in future years?

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
The store LP followed the suspects out of the store. A customer in the parking lot witnessed the confrontation and went to help. This is a rough part of town, neighborhood scout has it at a 2 out of 100, where 100 is the most safe. This was the 13th homicide victim of the year for the city of Pine Hills, known as Crime Hills.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:03 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Very simple
Quote:
790.15 Discharging firearm in public or on residential property.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This section does not apply to a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm or to a person discharging a firearm on public roads or properties expressly approved for hunting by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or Florida Forest Service.
(2) Any occupant of any vehicle who knowingly and willfully discharges any firearm from the vehicle within 1,000 feet of any person commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) Any driver or owner of any vehicle, whether or not the owner of the vehicle is occupying the vehicle, who knowingly directs any other person to discharge any firearm from the vehicle commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) Any person who recreationally discharges a firearm outdoors, including target shooting, in an area that the person knows or reasonably should know is primarily residential in nature and that has a residential density of one or more dwelling units per acre, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This subsection does not apply:
(a) To a person lawfully defending life or property
or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm;
(b) If, under the circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk to life, safety, or property; or
(c) To a person who accidentally discharges a firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies