Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Yawn. 4/5s of this board wouldn't even make it past the application phase...
Is that because we don't know how to riot and beat up people who we disagree with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL no I simply vocalized a desire I had in my heart. A desire that is shared by most Americans.

Indeed the majority of Americans wish Obama were still president.
The majority of Americans believed in slavery 200 years ago. Did that make it right?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
In your dreams. It is amazing you want one of the US' premiere powerhouses in chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering to fail.
They have already failed. When they decided to stop free speech, they failed as a university.

Universities should PROMOTE free speech and discussion and the exchange of ideas. They should encourage people to discuss their different opinions. They should encourage their students to hear speakers from all sides of an issue.

So yes, they have already failed.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:20 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This poll has already been debunked for oversampling.

And applying the same test that you have applied against Trump, the majority of Americans do not wish Obama was still president. Only 22% of the American population voted for Obama. Hence it's incorrect to state that most wish he was President. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of Americans are glad that he's gone.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Your link goes to nowhere.
So does his point.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:31 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Maybe they can enroll at Trump U. Oh, wait...

Old 02-06-2017, 07:34 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They have already failed. When they decided to stop free speech, they failed as a university.

Universities should PROMOTE free speech and discussion and the exchange of ideas. They should encourage people to discuss their different opinions. They should encourage their students to hear speakers from all sides of an issue.

So yes, they have already failed.
While I support nonviolent protests, I agree with this.

I say let alt right white pride imbeciles speak. For every one recruit they may gain, they will just alienate scores of others with their laughable, hateful nonsense and BS.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:36 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
They have created an environment of hate, violence, and entitlement. Now it's payback time.
----------------
Speaking of Hitler, I’m ending my support of UC Berkeley, where I got my MBA years ago. I have been a big supporter lately, with both my time and money, but that ends today. I wish them well, but I wouldn’t feel safe or welcome on the campus. A Berkeley professor made that clear to me recently. He seems smart, so I’ll take his word for it.

- Scott Adams.

BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It's 'For My Safety' - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

And more.

A MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR BEATING A TRUMP SUPPORTER ATTENDING A MILO YIANNOPOULOS SPEECH AT BERKELEY ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE UNIVERSITY.

It appears your tax dollars are now subsidizing anarchy and violence on our college campuses.

The Ralph Retort first reported on the identity of individual, Ian Dabney Miller, after an intrepid tweeter known as “Pave Darker” (@PaveDarker), did a little research. @Pave Darker began trying to identify a tweeter known as @teen_archer after he admitted to beating a Trump supporter attending the Milo speech at Berkeley. It didn’t take long for @Pave Darker to identify @teen_archer as Ian Dabney Miller.

Berkeley THUG who beat a Trump supporter exposed as UNIVERSITY STAFFER! - Silence is Consent
I d be still happy to get admitted there . I also dont support the protests, so I may score extra points

Old 02-06-2017, 07:37 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
They have created an environment of hate, violence, and entitlement. Now it's payback time.
----------------
Speaking of Hitler, I’m ending my support of UC Berkeley, where I got my MBA years ago. I have been a big supporter lately, with both my time and money, but that ends today. I wish them well, but I wouldn’t feel safe or welcome on the campus. A Berkeley professor made that clear to me recently. He seems smart, so I’ll take his word for it.

- Scott Adams.

BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It's 'For My Safety' - Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

And more.

A MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR BEATING A TRUMP SUPPORTER ATTENDING A MILO YIANNOPOULOS SPEECH AT BERKELEY ACTUALLY WORKS FOR THE UNIVERSITY.

It appears your tax dollars are now subsidizing anarchy and violence on our college campuses.

The Ralph Retort first reported on the identity of individual, Ian Dabney Miller, after an intrepid tweeter known as “Pave Darker” (@PaveDarker), did a little research. @Pave Darker began trying to identify a tweeter known as @teen_archer after he admitted to beating a Trump supporter attending the Milo speech at Berkeley. It didn’t take long for @Pave Darker to identify @teen_archer as Ian Dabney Miller.

Berkeley THUG who beat a Trump supporter exposed as UNIVERSITY STAFFER! - Silence is Consent

UC berkley along with every other college and university is BIG BUSINESS that is somehow exempt from the outrage expressed toward big business.

Portals of social justice formerly called schools needs to refocus or be refocused.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:40 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iposted View Post
Berkeley will be fine. They have billions of dollars and a mammoth reputation. .....
Hmm. Maybe not. If they have so much money, then they would not need this....

UC Berkeley Receives $370 Million in Federal Funding, More Than Half Its Budget - Breitbart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies