Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times

Advertisements

This veteran voted for Trump.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What else can they do but laugh when they can't face the truth.?
You are obviously determined to diss U.S. combat veterans. You get to do that. The First Amendment and ALL of the men and women who have served our country to make sure it would exist in 2017 have given you that freedom. Even the men and women whose political beliefs you dislike. Even the men and women you want to say rude things about and diss.

It's official. I'm no longer surprised at the depths to which Trump supporters will sink to support him.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-06-2017 at 07:31 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 07:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You are obviously determined to diss U.S. combat veterans. You get to do that. The First Amendment and ALL of the men and women who have served our country to make sure it would exist in 2017 have given you that freedom. Even the men and women whose political beliefs you dislike. Even the men and women you want to say rude things about and diss.

It's official. I'm no longer surprised at the depths to which Trump supporters will sink to support him.

Wrong! Your whole post ^^^^^^^^Is BS. I am a U.S. combat veteran. Many of my close friends are combat veterans so you are blowing wind here. I can't help it if your husband and his friends are mixed up liberals. It happens.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Wrong! Your whole post ^^^^^^^^Is BS. .
Really? All BS, huh? You've obviously dissed my combat veteran husband and his combat veteran friends. (They aren't all liberals, BTW.) But never mind them. Maybe you actually believe they don't deserve respect because they didn't support Trump...... Or because they aren't down at the VFW drinking beer.....

So let us proceed to the other point in my post. Veterans didn't serve to make sure our Bill of Rights was preserved? Does that include the veterans of the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of Put-in-Bay?

Sounds like something Trump would believe.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-06-2017 at 08:10 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 08:05 PM

[quote=DewDropInn;47105501]Really? All BS, huh? So veterans didn't serve to make sure our Bill of Rights was preserved? Does that include the veterans of the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of Put-in-Bay?

Sounds like something Trump would believe.[/QUOT

OK, having been a combat veteran myself I obviously do not diss combat veterans so that makes the rest of your post wrong.

Last edited by Scotty011; 02-06-2017 at 08:20 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you need a reading comp course. If you don't understand what is written it is best not to respond. I know damn well what I and my fellow vets did for this country. Damn Do iI have to sit here and show you what is BS in your post?
Chill. You're going to give yourself a terrible headache telling off the wife of a man who served his country in the infantry. (Go Army!) Whom you dissed by calling "childish" because his political viewpoints are different from your's.

If you smack yourself in the head over every vet who didn't vote for Trump you'll knock yourself silly.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Chill. You're going to give yourself a terrible headache telling off the wife of a man who served his country in the infantry. (Go Army!) Whom you dissed by calling "childish" because his political viewpoints are different from your's.

If you smack yourself in the head over every vet who didn't vote for Trump you'll knock yourself silly.

Sorry! It is childish to refuse to look at the president on TV because you don't like him. WOW! Wake up/ Go USMC! Oorah! Semper Fi.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother.

Last edited by Scotty011; 02-06-2017 at 09:02 PM..

Old 02-06-2017, 09:08 PM

672 posts, read 256,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is early days for the veterans to begin complaining about President Trump. However, I will note that the Federal hiring freeze did not exempt the Department of Veterans Affairs (although it did exempt the military itself).

Trump hiring freeze includes the short-staffed VA

I will also note that candidate Trump had made the rather stupid promise that, if elected, he would give out his private phone number that a veteran may call day or night, and that he, Trump, would solve the problem facing the vet:

Trump promises vets he'll answer personal VA complaint hotline - NY Daily News

While I doubt that the 'hot line' will be set up, I will be interested in seeing how he proposes to 'fix' the VA system.
It will never happen. They don't stay at his hotels or play golf at his resorts and he couldn't be bothered to talk to a vet if a camera wasn't on. Trump is a complete waste of oxygen.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:49 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
"Veterans Group" is a misnomer if you actually look into their overtly progressive and liberal actions. they are "veterans" in name only... mmmmmm VINO...
Please tell me what that means. Anyone who has served in the armed forces is a veteran, period. If the group is made up of vets, how are they "in name only?"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Vets are just like the rest of America. There are conservatives and liberals among them, but this ad is addressing an issue they all are concerned with. Who else but a vet can tell it like it is, straight on, with no double-talking.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Please tell me what that means. Anyone who has served in the armed forces is a veteran, period. If the group is made up of vets, how are they "in name only?"

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Vets are just like the rest of America. There are conservatives and liberals among them, but this ad is addressing an issue they all are concerned with. Who else but a vet can tell it like it is, straight on, with no double-talking.
Yep, even veterans who have lost body parts in defense of our country should not have the right to speak unless they are praising Donald Trump. This is what we have come to in this country.

It's both scary and sad that we have a significant portion of American citizens who believes our elected officials should be beyond reproach. It's like they have no idea what their country stands for. Or they simply don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies