Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:26 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They are illegal aliens. They broke our laws. They should not be rewarded for breaking our laws.
Why not, we reward employers of the undocumented and have been doing so for at least 40 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes well it's quite likely they were unable to do it any other way. It's not easy at all to immigrate legally.

I'd rather see the United States come to grips with the fact that they have a poorer neighbor and work something amicable out as far as handling low skilled workers that's actually mutually beneficial to both countries instead of continually having this problem. People are always going to do what they can for their families.
It shouldn't be easy to immigrate here. That does NOT excuse illegals from either sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa. They have no business being here. Nor do they have a right to be working here. Period.

I wouldn't live in a country illegally. Sneaking into a country is never right for my family. What an awful example to set for your kids! These illegals are basically telling their kids that since they couldn't come here legally, then they're going to disobey the law and come here anyway.

Have you and your husband moved any of the illegals into your own home and paid for their immigration lawyers? You admit that your husband hires them and pays under the table. If caught, he would be charged with tax evasion. All that is okay with you?

Old 02-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They're just undocumented Americans. Just get them a legal visa
Yeah sure, why not?/sarcasm. Why not throw your fellow PRs under the bus? No skin off your back when they can find work and to add insult to injury, have been victims of ID theft from illegals.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Right. I live in a rural community. I see it first hand and I can promise you, without Mexicans coming to do the work every summer, crops would rot. We do not want to do that type of work. Even when I was unemployed, getting a job like that never crossed my mind.
That's still no excuse for hiring illegals. Farmers have access to an agricultural worker visa that has no caps on it. Sleazy farmers don't like the visa program because it means that they can't hire cheap, exploitable, illegal labor.

Oh...Think twice before you hire illegals to work on your property. In my state, the law says that if you hire someone who isn't licensed, bonded and insured to work on your property and that person gets injured on the job, your homeowners' insurance policy won't pay for it. And don't think illegals wouldn't sue you. There are advocacy groups that aid and abet illegals. Those groups will find the injured illegal a pro-bono attorney. Suddenly, that cheap labor isn't so cheap after all, is it?

Old 02-06-2017, 03:27 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Quote:
Don't forget fast food kitchen workers and field picking. We have a long list of Americans just ready to fight over those jobs.
Do any of these people look like f---ing Mexicans to you? Mexicans in Milwaukee, undocumented or not, work in manufacturing and construction. The documented Mexicans who were born here or arrived legally work in a broader array of careers then that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFHyra8Z-2M
Milwaukee fast food workers join "Fight for 15" protests
TODAY’S TMJ4 173 views

Published on Nov 29, 2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ugWz3BRdU
Area fast-food workers demonstrate for higher wages
WISN 12 News 106 views

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7rJjA38Vg
Fast food workers around Milwaukee protest for higher wages
WISN 12 News 546 views

Or Atlanta, Georgia:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BktW9P7btrk
John Lewis Speech at Fast Food Workers Protest in Atlanta
Creative Loafing Atlanta 425 views

Or Dallas, Texas (some Mexican faces mixed in with black faces):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E8OILl35s
Fast food workers protest pay
FOX 4 News - Dallas-Fort Worth 68 views

Or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzTvm4aH9_k
Fast-food protesters arrested for blocking traffic in 'Fight for $15'
WTAE-TV Pittsburgh 501 views

Old 02-06-2017, 03:42 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Yes I have and I know plenty of them that work. I used to work as a crew supervisor and many are very hard working. FWIW I know some that bag groceries too. There have always been some in every generation that were unwilling to work for whatever reason. There is no reason to stereotype all young people because of few you know.
Generally, if I go on the Latino near South Side of Milwaukee the stores are owned and worked by mainly Mexicans/Latinos young and old. And good for them. Like El Rey's a f---ing awesome grocery store on the Latino side of town started by Mexicans.

If I go on the Black-American North Side, all grocery stores but for 1 or 2 are owned by whites but worked by ethnic Black-Americans young and old.

If I go on a white side of town in Milwaukee... the stores are owned by whites and worked by whites young and old.

Basically, I'm in agreement with you. I have no f---ing idea how so many people on here live in isolated, sheltered lives that they've never seen a black youth or white youth, hell women in their 40's and 50's, bagging f---ing groceries.

It's like some of these people live in a tiny affluent, liberal, white town dropped in the middle of a forest in Vermont and think only Mexicans do low paid menial work because they heard some jack$&$ in the Democratic Party in D.C. saying so.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Well because frankly, I won't ever be that desperate. I would choose welfare before hard manual labor. I am close to 40 as well.
Quote:
I grew up in a similar financial status. I am by far not stuck up or better than anyone. We go on cruises and I am known for hanging with the staff. But I know me, and I would not last in hard manual labor. I suck at gardening, and I can't cook. I would take unemployment or assistance. Well anyone would if they did the math, because it pays better than minimum wage.
Okay...you contradicted yourself. You say you would choose welfare before hard manual labor. Then you say you are not stuck up.

I'm glad that I was raised better than that. If I were at the point where I was about to be out on the streets because I couldn't pay the rent, I would take any honest job that came my way. Yes, I would, for example, clean offices or work in a fast food restaurant. Sure, I would probably have to have 2 jobs like that to make it. But go on welfare? Only as a very last resort. In other words, if pounding the pavement didn't yield any honest job and I was about to lose my home, then I would take welfare. However, I would then be putting all my time and effort to find work again. And I'm older than you.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:57 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I thought all undocumented immigrants were lazy and living off the government teat. What jobs?

They aren't undocumented immigrants they are illegal aliens. Many work but many are also sucking off the government teet thru their anchor babies. They have taken blue-collared jobs from Americans that were once entry level jobs for our American youth and good jobs that once paid well such as construction, commercial landscaping, etc. They cost us $113 billion a year.

Illegal Immigration a $113 Billion a Year Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

Old 02-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Don't forget fast food kitchen workers and field picking. We have a long list of Americans just ready to fight over those jobs.
The first one, yes Americans have always done those jobs for a fair wage as for field picking only 2% of illegals are doing those jobs and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal foreign field workers. It's not a career job for an American, many Americans don't live in rural areas and it's only seasonal work so you were saying? Funny how you didn't mention the really once good paying jobs like construction, commercial landscaping, etc. of which illegals have flooded those industries.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45committe View Post
Scapegoats

Blame Muslims and immigrants while you and congress plan the biggest heist in America's history: privatization of healthcare, education and social security. Deregulation of banksx, environment and consumer protections.

Their donors including 45committee won't mind some clown show where immigrants are deported on national TV. Eventually people will realize they were fooled when the economy tanks and their standard of living falls even lower.
Illegal aliens aren't "immigrants" they are here in violation of our immigration laws. Legal immigrants aren't going to be deported. As for Muslims the only ones being objected to are the radical ones. Try again, big fail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies