Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

8 million, is that all, WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 01:23 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You do not consider engineering, design, welding, electrician, fabricator, etc. real jobs ? Interesting.
Did you even read my post ?

As far as real menial labor, someone has to do those jobs, and there are plenty of high school and college age kids, a stay at home parent that wants to make some extra cash for the family etc. They really aren't there to make a career out of.
Again, not my words.

Your Trump voter friends think that's why people are on food stamps, not me. Because they didn't get real jobs, or education. I merely asked the poster who made that statement if he includes all the unemployed people from rural Kentucky etc in his assessment. The people that voted for Trump, who've become some kind of folk heroes.

You surmised the rest.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:04 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She is now.

Before that and the EO green card I guarantee you she worked without authorization.

The law applies to thee but not to me.

Should embroider that and hang it in the Oval.

Where's your proof that she worked here without authorization from an unbiased source? Besides, it was either you or another poster that said she should be deported. She can't be she is an American citizen now.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeCoffee View Post
Factories have been shuttered largely because of automation. We're not building Model-Ts by hand on an assembly line anymore; machines took those roles. How is that "fixable" by any president?

It will never be the way it was, but it can be better. The other undeniable fact is that democratic leadership has utterly failed urban America.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And plenty of those people have a job but can't afford food (ie are on food stamps).

What's wrong with this picture?
If my job couldn't even feed me, let alone shelter, transportation and clothing, I'd be looking for another job. The only explanation for staying in that job is government subsidies that cushion the blow and ultimately keep people down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies