Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 01:14 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
For the wage of $12-$20 an hour many Americans will drive 1000 miles and line up to take these jobs. I've seen it in person as a member of a legit agriculture temp crew member. All white folks. Okay there was 1 hispanic person and one philliino, but everyone else was pale as toothpaste (minus the tattoos and pearcings).

The myth that there are no Americans willing to work crappy jobs is not only totally untrue, but it's OFFENSIVE.
It is! I know a couple of people who started out at those jobs and eventually owned their own company soon to become pretty well off from it. That does still exist here in America, it's the American dream. Lately it seems a certain part of the populations dream is getting a degree and hiring illegal slave labor for anything and everything they think is hard or yucky.
Trades are a good line of work for a lot of people. To say Americans don't want these jobs is ludicrous.

The truth is big companies profit off of illegals. They put them up twenty to a house and pay them crap. Threaten them with deportation and rape their women. People should get their priorities straight. Why exactly are you fighting for a slave labor force? Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 01:15 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Well because frankly, I won't ever be that desperate. I would choose welfare before hard manual labor. I am close to 40 as well.

And right here is one of our many problems in this country.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:15 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If a business cannot pay a wage a legal American is willing to accept, it should fail.
Yes, but what is more important is if these businesses fail all over the place, then it might just bring out the anger against the government who has been killing businesses with all its stupid regulations.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:16 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Our immigration laws might actually be enforced...how shocking!

___

Not just 'bad hombres': Trump is targeting up to 8 million people for deportation - LA Times

As it SHOULD be. If they are here illegally, deport them.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:17 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And right here is one of our many problems in this country.
Yep, I would clean toilets, dig ditches, you name it (and have)... I will do anything that is required if it is needed. People who think they are too good for honest hard work aren't worth a crap anyway and I wouldn't hire the lazy arses even if they begged.

These are the first people to starve in a depression, it is also why these types are always the first to demand safety nets.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:22 PM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Yep, I would clean toilets, dig ditches, you name it (and have)... I will do anything that is required if it is needed. People who think they are too good for honest hard work aren't worth a crap anyway and I wouldn't hire the lazy arses even if they begged.

These are the first people to starve in a depression, it is also why these types are always the first to demand safety nets.

I agree, survival of the fittest , and trust me I'm not fit. Some work to survive while others will take handouts.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:23 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They're just undocumented Americans. Just get them a legal visa
They are illegal aliens. They broke our laws. They should not be rewarded for breaking our laws.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:41 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Forget the fact that the vast majority of Americans disapprove of mass deportations, doing so on this scale would instantly plunge us into a nasty recession.

The agricultural, construction, and restaurant industries in particular would be completely devastated.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:19 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can't wait for those dishwashing and lawn maintenance jobs.
I see you are in Long Island. You will be happy to know that 90% of immigrants in low level jobs in NYS are legal (80% in NYC proper), so chances are you can continue to have impoverished Brown servants cleaning up after your elitist behind for the forseeable future.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If a business cannot pay a wage a legal American is willing to accept, it should fail.
I tend to agree on principle, but if agriculture fails, we all fail & if we can't staff restaurants there will be a bunch of small businesses closing. I don't see any fix for this other than a guest worker program. Farmers hate the H2A visa program because it's very expensive and requires committing to a certain number of workers far in advance of knowing how many will be needed. There is no equivalent program that I am aware of for immigrant workers in food service or building trades.

And, Trump claims he will double GDP growth by 2018, given the low unemployment rate and low birth rate in the US, and most economists tend to agree that the only way that can be achieved is through some form of immigrant labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies