Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I vaguely remember some outcry about how much Obama spent when he traveled for work/vacation. I was hoping one of those vocal posters could update us with the price tag for President Trump's travels, since it was obviously very important with the last President.

Also does this hits the same threshold of concern that you had with Obama?
By costing us you mean the roughly 55 percent of the population that actually pays the Federal Income tax?
taxation is theft.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:03 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
a weekend at the "Winter White House" in Florida probably costs a whole lot less than a week in Hawaii.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
I vaguely remember some outcry about how much Obama spent when he traveled for work/vacation. I was hoping one of those vocal posters could update us with the price tag for President Trump's travels, since it was obviously very important with the last President.

Bet it was not as much a mrs. obama taking a separate plane to the same place her husband was going....

Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Bet it was not as much a mrs. obama taking a separate plane to the same place her husband was going....
You mean like Mrs Trump living in a separate residence, requiring separate security, and HAVING to take a separate plane to the same place her husband was going?

Since you're so salty about that one time Mrs Obama did it, I guess you're livid that this is going to happen everytime Mrs Trump has to meet her husband...

At least that would be the respectable and honest reaction.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:40 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
You mean like Mrs Trump living in a separate residence, requiring separate security, and HAVING to take a separate plane to the same place her husband was going?

Since you're so salty about that one time Mrs Obama did it, I guess you're livid that this is going to happen everytime Mrs Trump has to meet her husband...

At least that would be the respectable and honest reaction.
Of course, there are things I like about trump, and hold on, don't stroke out on us, but there were things that obama did that I liked....

But, have you ever wondered how much it cost to us tax payers to house michelle's mother in the WH?

So, we can go back and forth, you thought you had me....next....

Old 02-06-2017, 04:42 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:

Yet you never cared about how much Barry and Michelle cost the taxpayers when they went on vacation with their entourage.

At least Trump is only getting paid $1/year.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Of course, there are things I like about trump, and hold on, don't stroke out on us, but there were things that obama did that I liked....

But, have you ever wondered how much it cost to us tax payers to house michelle's mother in the WH?

So, we can go back and forth, you thought you had me....next....
So you think the cost to just house & accommodate Mrs. Obama's mother in the WH is comparable to the cost of staffing and securing an entirely different residence for the Mrs. Trump...

Old 02-06-2017, 04:47 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Well good job stooping to their level guys could of chosen the classy route but i guess that is out of the question lmfao..

I knew this would be just like when Obama got elected president.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet you never cared about how much Barry and Michelle cost the taxpayers when they went on vacation with their entourage.

At least Trump is only getting paid $1/year.
Because... follow me if you can... it was a F***ING STUPID ARGUMENT to make. Anyone that made that argument was an idiot. Anyone who thought we should penny pinch the cost of the First Family traveling in safety is a dumpster fire of a person.

And... keep following... that is still my position today. I don't care how much it costs to secure the First Family and make sure they're safe, even if it is the Trumps living in separate residences. B/c I am not an idiot.

The same can't be said for the mouth-breathers who made the costs that the Obamas incurred into a "scandal" and especially those same idiotic mouth-breathers who suddenly don't care anymore despite how much more Trump's set up will cost.

So tell us friend... did you care how much it cost to keep the Obama's safe?

Edit: Actually... now that I see you made a point comparing the trade-off between $400k/year vs multimillion costs of securing a second residence for the First Lady, it's pretty clear which side you were on.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Well good job stooping to their level guys could of chosen the classy route but i guess that is out of the question lmfao..

I knew this would be just like when Obama got elected president.
Riiiight... suddenly it's classless to make threads about how much it costs to secure the First Family...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies