Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:45 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

He'd be embarrassed by their boos( they do that in parliament) and then declare war on the UK

Old 02-06-2017, 05:14 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
He'd be embarrassed by their boos( they do that in parliament) and then declare war on the UK
I'd forgotten about that.

Probably should reconsider that grand tour of the continent.

It's one thing to have crowds in the streets with unfortunate signs, quite another to have parliament booing Trump and throwing overripe fruit.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery,” Speaker John Bercow said. While British lawmakers value their country’s relationship with the United States, he said, “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Donald Trump Is Not Welcome To Address Parliament, U.K. Speaker Declares | The Huffington Post

His remarks were met with applause from other members of Parliament.

It says a lot when our closest ally wants our president to stay away. I don't think that's ever happened before. And to rub salt in the wound, President Obama did address the full Parliament, at their invitation. As did President Clinton. Ouch.
It doesn't say squat to those of us who don't really care about what the rest of the world thinks and voted for Trump because we were sick and tired of being the doormat to the rest of the world while the taxpayer footed the bills!

Also, Britain? I thought we made a permanent mark on them some time ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...olutionary_War I think they still harbor sour grapes over their loss. Hey, if they are still expressing sour grapes after all those decades, I see how liberals, in a fetal position on the floor in a puddle of tears, can identify with them!

Yeah, another non-issue brought to us by.................

Trump is doing an awesome job for the American people! I don't know, maybe some people got the idea from Obama that our POTUS was the leader of the world and owed nothing to our country as far as loyalty. Yeah, I bet that is what it is. Ah, no. The POTUS represents the citizens of the United States of America, not Europe, not Asia, not Africa, not Australia, not South America....... and anyone outside the US passing judgement on our POTUS can just, well, you know!

Old 02-06-2017, 06:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
"I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery,” Speaker John Bercow said.
I'm sure Trump is just heart-broken.

Speaking before Parliament is a non-event anyway.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You're whining.
Don't forget to tell General McCaffrey he's whining too. After all, he called Trump's recent statement in a Fox interview "anti-American." I guess anyone who tells the truth about this President is a "whiner."

Old 02-06-2017, 06:57 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Special relationship over!

Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Hopefully people calm down in the coming months. He can say what he likes, but really does he have any say?!

Old 02-06-2017, 06:59 PM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I thought only bad people banned foreigners from entering their country?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
That is fine with them, when you have an in your face president who at times tries too hard to be "politically incorrect" you can't expect everyone to like him and what he stands for.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
"I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery,” Speaker John Bercow said. While British lawmakers value their country’s relationship with the United States, he said, “I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.”

Donald Trump Is Not Welcome To Address Parliament, U.K. Speaker Declares | The Huffington Post

His remarks were met with applause from other members of Parliament.

It says a lot when our closest ally wants our president to stay away. I don't think that's ever happened before. And to rub salt in the wound, President Obama did address the full Parliament, at their invitation. As did President Clinton. Ouch.

And then May slapped him down, and told him he was leading a protest while she leads a nation.... To an even louder stand ovation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies