Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 05:11 PM

9,954 posts, read 5,656,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Guess it's just another example of liberal hypocrisy
Because you need a college degree to be stupid enough to believe the things the left believes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 05:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,127,991 times
I'm a liberal, and I don't look down on those with less formal education.

Honestly, I'd have considered going into trades myself, but I'm left-handed and terribly uncoordinated. I'd probably accidentally chop off a finger within a week into a blue collar job lol.

If anything, I admire those who are good with their hands.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:15 PM

18,441 posts, read 7,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Illegal immigrants don't complain and work hard. Uneducated conservatives will buy guns and threaten you.
I'm pretty sure the type of person most likely to threaten anyone with a gun...

1. Probably didn't purchase said firearm (at least not legally)

2. Not likely to be a Conservative.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:16 PM

3,167 posts, read 3,997,433 times
Default Read this and try to understand it OP

Quote:
Yet they are totally fine with illegal immigrants that don't even have a high school degree ?

Well, as an educated person, let me point out the logical fallacies in your question.

First, you have equated two things: liberals "look down on" uneducated Americans, but "are totally fine with" uneducated immigrants. "Look down on" and "totally fine with" are statements that use very general language that isn't well defined here. What do you mean by "look down on" exactly"? And what do you mean by "are totally fine with"? Those could be different things. For example, I might be very frustrated with and disagree with uneducated Americans, and yet feel compassion for suffering refugees. Those things are not in conflict at all. Thus, your question itself suggests that a person who supports admitting refugees and immigrants into the country cannot also disagree with uneducated Americans, when those two things have nothing to do with each other.

So you see, just the fact that you asked that question shows tremendous flaws in reasoning ability. As a person who values knowledge and reason, it is very hard not to be frustrated with people who influence political decisions that affect me and many others, but who aren't even able to understand their own opinions and why they are based on errors in reasoning.

And for the record, when I have to deal with immigrants and refugees who are also illogical (as you pointed out, some of them also are uneducated), I feel just as frustrated. Doesn't mean I think they should leave, though.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:16 PM

1,261 posts, read 949,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. I'm an engineer. I haven't seen anyone design a circuit, bridge, building, etc. with a degree in sociology.
Maybe not, but I've seen much better software UI's come out of liberal arts grads than comp sci majors. I'm not suggesting a liberal arts degree on its own prepares you for any role in tech, but that a lot of tech companies find value in people who have lib arts degrees.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:18 PM

21,768 posts, read 25,061,471 times
Quote:

Liberals as a group do not. Most liberals don't even have a college degree anyway. There's elitists in both parties. Of course the irony is here you are complaining about liberals judging people in your ten thousandth overly broad judgement of "liberals."

And yes, I'm judgmental too. I look down on you for being a troll. I don't really look down on you for your horrible logic which may or may not result from you being uneducated.

15,292 posts, read 7,748,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So why do conservatives look down on college-educated Americans... ?
They don't.

33,942 posts, read 22,499,072 times
Quote:

Your insecurity is showing.

52,433 posts, read 26,584,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Maybe not, but I've seen much better software UI's come out of liberal arts grads than comp sci majors. I'm not suggesting a liberal arts degree on its own prepares you for any role in tech, but that a lot of tech companies find value in people who have lib arts degrees.
What you describe doesn't require a degree at all. It's called human factors testing.

778 posts, read 338,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So why do conservatives look down on college-educated Americans - - if we're going to do the sweeping generalization thing?
I have a degree - I don't like snobs. It has nothing to do with "looking down on" anyone. It's this ideology that people with degrees somehow know what is best for those people who don't have degrees. It is that ivory tower thinking that unless you have been "college educated" then you are incapable of understanding how truly misguided you are in your thinking.

Basically, it is the reality that the liberal bias that colleges are indoctrinating students with these days has led those graduates to believe that the conclusions they have reached were somehow reached based on study and logic and critical thinking, when in fact, LIBERAL Colleges only teach the students WHAT to think and no longer teach students HOW to think.

Logic and critical thinking is left mostly to the engineering departments, so you end up with an ever-enlarging pool of lemmings who look down on anyone who does not think or agree with the thoughts they have been indoctrinated to think.

That is why free speech is being shut down on campuses across the nation. There is an unrealistic fear of non-indoctrinated viewpoints and opinions at this point that has created an unnatural hysteria towards anything that might disrupt the well programmed viewpoint of current and future college students to the point where they see an opposing opinion as actual "hate speech."

So when those well meaning liberals of today, hold up their college degrees as some badge of intellect, to those of us who were lucky enough to matriculate prior to the age of indoctrination, or who are open minded enough not to fall into the liberal arts trap, are just annoyed by the snobbishness of degree holders who are clueless to the fact that they have been played by those professors and educators they idolize and place on pedestals above all the lowly working class fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies