Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 12:13 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Yeah, I am fine with Trump. The more you all attack him, especially bemoaning his sins, the more I like him. I voted Democrats my entire life including for Obama, and those "good Christians" support every sexual deviance and sin under the sun.

But like hypocrites you all complain about Trump. If he was an openly gay President bragging about grabbing 19 year-old gay men by their balls you all would be out blushing, clapping, and cheering him on.

I don't care about women crying a bucket of tears about having to give birth to her husband's child or he can sue her if she aborts his child. I don't care if you are gay, so hand 80 rainbow flags from your house trying to get me to care. I don't care black people reside at the bottom of America, you dumba&$e hated me when I told you to worry less about Russia, Ukraine, Poland and more about the state and struggles of your own people.

I don't care if the country goes to Civil War. And before you pernicious beasts relegate me to a second or third class citizen I'll be carrying combat rifle, and military pack on my back right beside the emerging white working class resistance. Now, put that in your elitist Democrat pipe and smoke it. Maybe you can go back on the news and air another program about white collar black women earning $40,000 a year bemoaning no black men to marry because few have college degrees (instead working blue collar trades earning $60,000 a year).
I'm not a Democrat. I really just despise Trump.

That's all. He's a moron.

I'm not a Christian, and I don't care if consenting adults have sex. Consenting ADULTS.

Regardless of sexual orientation.

I earn more than 60k a year and I'm female. I have for quite some time.

I'm college educated, so if that makes me an "elitist" to people who are not, I'll wear that title with pride because it's quite silly. I know plenty of very intelligent people who don't have formal education.

What is your point except that you want to shoot stuff?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
How or when did voters begin to believe all politicians were perfect human beings? When did we as a country start to believe everything that came from politician's mouths and that they weren't different behind closed doors? I don't see any politician as being a saint. I see them as corrupt across the board. I am not justifying Trumps comments but I don't see how he is different than the rest of our Presidents.

All I can go by is the people I am in contact with. The Republicans are much more friendly, peaceful, and understanding than the Democrats. I don't remember the Republicans going crazy 8 years ago.
I remember them losing it constantly over the past 8 years. Maybe you didn't notice it because you agreed with them.

I do, however, see liberals losing it now, without checking their sources. So, I do see how both sides of the political spectrum can get pretty crazy.

I'm a moderate on most issues. I really, really don't think Trump is a good choice and I guess other people will figure that out after he does something worse than he's already done. Which he will do unless he's removed from office.

I'm indifferent to it at this point, because it's pretty clear that Congress are going to do whatever they want and don't want input from their constituents, so what's the point in contacting any of those clowns? None.

ETA: Nobody has ever thought politicians must be perfect, but Gary Hart was drummed right out of the running for being on a boat with a woman who was fully clothed sitting on his lap and nobody cares that Trump bragged about being a sexual predator "because you can do that if you're famous" and had women charging him with rape? Come on. That is a big deal. It just is.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Funny you should mention Romney. It was his treatment four years ago that really set me against the Democrats and the media. The Washington Post had a multi page investigative hit piece on him being a bully as a teenager. He was accused by his garbage collectors (union) of being mean because he didn't give them water. He was accused of killing someone's wife because she had cancer and the guy lost his job. You guys set it up for Trump because people were happy just to see someone stand up to all that.
I'm not part of "you guys," here.

Just because I think Trump is a toilet bug, that doesn't mean that I think the treatment of Romney wasn't harsh. If he'd run this year and my choices were him or Trump, I would've gone out and volunteered to run his local campaign. Yep. I really never had a huge problem with Romney. I don't care that he's some rich guy and I surely wouldn't have been up in arms if he'd won, even if I didn't vote for him.

I've voted R for President more times than I've voted D, actually.

But, carry on with whatever narrative you think fits.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,866,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I remember them losing it constantly over the past 8 years. Maybe you didn't notice it because you agreed with them.

I do, however, see liberals losing it now, without checking their sources. So, I do see how both sides of the political spectrum can get pretty crazy.

I'm a moderate on most issues. I really, really don't think Trump is a good choice and I guess other people will figure that out after he does something worse than he's already done. Which he will do unless he's removed from office.

I'm indifferent to it at this point, because it's pretty clear that Congress are going to do whatever they want and don't want input from their constituents, so what's the point in contacting any of those clowns? None.

ETA: Nobody has ever thought politicians must be perfect, but Gary Hart was drummed right out of the running for being on a boat with a woman who was fully clothed sitting on his lap and nobody cares that Trump bragged about being a sexual predator "because you can do that if you're famous" and had women charging him with rape? Come on. That is a big deal. It just is.
So allowing Bill Clinton to be First Man would be considered acceptable because he acts professional in front of the cameras? The guy is a pig. We all know what he has done to women. I find that acceptance from the Left ironic and hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 03:34 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,365,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
So allowing Bill Clinton to be First Man would be considered acceptable because he acts professional in front of the cameras? The guy is a pig. We all know what he has done to women. I find that acceptance from the Left ironic and hypocritical.
I really find it hypocritical the so many railed on Trump for the bus comments but excused Hillary who actively covered up and sought to silence her husband's victims for her own political aspirations.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:00 PM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
I'm not a Democrat. I really just despise Trump.

That's all. He's a moron.

I'm not a Christian, and I don't care if consenting adults have sex. Consenting ADULTS.

Regardless of sexual orientation.

I earn more than 60k a year and I'm female. I have for quite some time.

I'm college educated, so if that makes me an "elitist" to people who are not, I'll wear that title with pride because it's quite silly. I know plenty of very intelligent people who don't have formal education.

What is your point except that you want to shoot stuff?
" I really just despise Trump." "He's a moron. 'Those that cast the insult are usually the ones GUILTY of the insult!"

"I'm female.","I'm college educated," this explains a lot!

"I earn more than 60k a year" WITH a COLLEGE DEGREE!

I have heard on here how with a degree you can make so much more.

I do NOT have college degree and I made TWICE that.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:03 PM

77,020 posts, read 47,392,778 times
They don't approve of Trump, and it is interpreted as "hate". That is actually an argument out of the left wing play book.

The right, in the other hand, admits they hate Democrats

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Finally! Damn Democrats!! I hate them all!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
I'm not part of "you guys," here.

Just because I think Trump is a toilet bug, that doesn't mean that I think the treatment of Romney wasn't harsh. If he'd run this year and my choices were him or Trump, I would've gone out and volunteered to run his local campaign. Yep. I really never had a huge problem with Romney. I don't care that he's some rich guy and I surely wouldn't have been up in arms if he'd won, even if I didn't vote for him.

I've voted R for President more times than I've voted D, actually.

But, carry on with whatever narrative you think fits.
All I was saying is that people get tired of the bad treatment of conservatives by the media, and when Trump fought back it made people happy. I didn't vote in the primaries because I didn't like either Trump or Cruz, and they were the only ones left when the primaries came to my state. But he's the president now, and I did vote for him only because there were only two choices, and the Supreme Court was in the balance. A conservative justice usually is a constitutionalist, whereas a liberal judge always seems to want to reinterpret it. For that reason, abortion has survived years of challenges under a conservative court, but I'm not so sure the 2nd amendment would with a liberal court.

Even still I would have probably stayed home on Election Day not wanting to vote for either candidate if I didn't see what protesters were doing to Trump supporters in places like San Jose. I don't like the violent ways of the left these days. If Trump sucks, he will lose in four years. But give him a chance. Confirm his cabinet. Stop fighting every single thing he does. If he's terrible, that's how Democrats will start winning again. If he's not, then give credit where credit's due.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:43 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,579,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Because this is the only productive way that I can think of to approach this, who is "the left?"
The "Left" is what Conservatives used to call "Liberals" back in the day.
Now it's their way to associate anybody who is in opposition to them as a radical Marxist/ Communist.

That is how they saw President Obama in their delusional talk radio bizzarro world.
What is amazing is how they think Trump is a Conservative even though he admires a true Communist in Putin !
How does that work in their minds ?

I thought the following issues were American ones just not of the so called " Left " or Liberals :

The Environment :
Clean Water (am I a Lefty because I want clean water for Flint ? )
Clean Air
Protection for endangered species
Global Warming ( To think that Human activity has no impact on the Earth is delusional thinking )

Equality :
Civil Rights for all (Why does Congress need to renew the Voting Rights Act when it should be the Supreme Law of the Land ? )
Abortion rights
LGBTQ rights

How did these issues become one of the Left or Right when they are universal issues that should concern all Americans ?

Old 02-08-2017, 11:13 PM

1,896 posts, read 806,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From Townhall -

"They hate you.

Leftists don’t merely disagree with you. They don’t merely feel you are misguided. They don’t think you are merely wrong. They hate you. They want you enslaved and obedient, if not dead."

http://m.townhall.com/columnists/kur...ngNewsCarousel

Two weeks ago I would've said this is ridiculous. But not anymore.
LOL. Such hyperbole, the mark of the uninformed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies