Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 09:40 PM

6,684 posts, read 4,666,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Maybe they shouldn't take their friends with them then. LOL. Its a joke I tease my wife and daughters about. I dont know how real it is, but you seldom if ever here a guy say to his buddies, "Hey Im going to go water my snake, wanna come?" Or "Hey lets go see how cold the water is." Nope guys usually hit the head on a solo mission unless by coincidence their buddy also needs to hit it. I asked my daughters why women have the herd mentality when it comes to using the bathroom and they said they go there to talk about the men in private. LOL
I have never had a woman ask me to go to the restroom with them, nor have I ever asked that of any of my women friends. Not even when I was young and we hung out in large groups. Truthfully, I would prefer to have the restroom to myself, but if the only thing available is multiple stalls, even if it's unisex, I can live with it.

This may make me unpopular, but I think urinals are practical for men. I've only once seen one in a private home, but if my DH had wanted one it would have been fine with me. And if we are going to have unisex bathrooms, give the men an option to use a row of urinals if they want. Put up a free standing wall for privacy, share the sit down toilet stalks and sinks. It should be about efficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 09:41 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,557,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Where are these types of multi use / muti gender restrooms being used? What cities are doing this?? Is this for real? So to be clear, I could be in a stall and some big fat sweaty dude who ate too many beans could be grunting away in the stall next to me? I'd be in the same room as men pissing their stinky urine standing there doing their thing in front of me? What?
lol. I agree. Why do we need this? It sounds like the crazy left is at it again stirring things up and being crazy thinking we need something that we don't. I swear most days it's like the Twilight Zone with these leftists.

So when your date gets up to excuse themselves, you can join and both poop together side by side before you both return back to the table for desert. How nice.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-22-2021 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-22-2021, 10:03 PM

6,659 posts, read 3,283,408 times
This is another example of what happens when the fruitcakes are in charge.

People want their privacy. Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to be an exhibitionist go outside and take a leak with the dog.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:10 PM

15,953 posts, read 10,517,025 times
Normally common sense would have suggested this was not the best idea we have come up with. Perhaps further thought would result in some sort of privacy screen or the elimination of urinals. When you see flowers planted in the urinal, use the stall. You might cast your eyes around outside looking for a sickly looking isolated bush. Watch out for yellow snow. A port-a-potty or several arrayed on the parking lot might be an alternative for shy folks.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:15 PM

1,897 posts, read 533,248 times
I don't see why we just can't have a potty chair brought to our table and save us a few steps.

Old 03-23-2021, 04:52 AM

19,578 posts, read 20,016,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

How does that work?
It doesn't.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:52 AM

379 posts, read 161,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
I don't see why we just can't have a potty chair brought to our table and save us a few steps.
Why not just a hole in the ground behind the bus stops like Egypt and many third world countries. We are slowly heading that way. No need to have sinks to wash up.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:19 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,802,519 times
So none of us but the OP has seen this kind of facility.

hmmm.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:41 AM
Status: "MAGA - Mental Ability Gone Awry" (set 26 days ago)

13,147 posts, read 21,679,409 times
I was in Paris once having dinner at a swank restaurant with a client and I got up to find the rest room. He tells me that the men's room is broken, and so I have to use the lady's room. I assumed he was joking, but when I got there, the men's room was locked and there was a sign on it in French which I couldn't read. So I opened the door to the lady's room and thank God it was empty so I chose a stall and went in. Shortly thereafter, the restroom started filling up with women, chatting and primping themselves in the mirror which I could see through the slit of the door. Having finished business I waited patiently for them to leave. And waited. Finally, I thought this is ridiculous and surely they'd seen the sign on the men's room door. So I opened the stall door and walked out into the cacophony of chatting women. Everything stopped and they all froze and glared at me. Sadly all I could say was, "excusez moi!" Man, I couldn't get out of there fast enough! Scarred me for life, it did.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:29 AM

46,743 posts, read 25,661,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
A couple of years ago I was at the Seattle Convention Center at the same time as a large convention of a very liberal group (librarians). The restrooms were temporarily relabeled as gender neutral at their request I assume. The repurposed men's room had fabric draped over the urinals preventing their use.
It felt strange and discriminatory to me as a man.
A group with a large proportion of females who didn't feel like standing in line when there were unused facilities nearby - seems rather logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies