Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:08 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,877,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
To crazy people a sane person with sane policies might look "crazy "

We've had many years where common sense was totally ignored .

The crazy thing is leftist politicians desperate to protect illegals and willing to lose federal funding over it .
Nothing normal about that .

It's normal to want the laws enforced ..
Federal agents are welcome to come enforce their laws. "Sanctuary city" just means that they won't use their resources and personal to carry out federal law that is not part of their jurisdiction. That's all it is. Have you read the "sanctuary city" policies? You should check it out.

Trump wants to enforce immigration law more? Fine, send in the agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 07:13 AM

62,683 posts, read 28,868,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
With all the attention the US-Mexico border gets, the "bad hombres" will continue to take the "scenic route," i.e. the US-Canada border.

How are they going to get into Canada without coming through our country first? They aren't all going to fly to Canada.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:07 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Federal agents are welcome to come enforce their laws. "Sanctuary city" just means that they won't use their resources and personal to carry out federal law that is not part of their jurisdiction. That's all it is. Have you read the "sanctuary city" policies? You should check it out.

Trump wants to enforce immigration law more? Fine, send in the agents.
I'd buy that argument if CA wasn't also using taxpayer money to hire attorneys to protect illegals .
It's not that they don't have the resources it's that they have a political disagreement . Not having the resources is an excuse .
Isn't CA always bragging that they are a top economy etc ?

Why isn't the governor of Texas complaining about not having the resources . He's promised to come down on any sanctuary city in the state of Texas . Austin wants to remain a sanctuary city and he's not happy about it .

In California Fresno's mayor said he will comply with the federal government.
Fresno is not known as a weathy area .

How can Fresno comply with the law ? They have better resources than L.A or SF?

This excuse about "not having resources " is just an excuse .

The cities are just pro illegal .

Old 02-08-2017, 08:13 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,233,866 times
We left San Diego in 1993, and our beautiful home that we had lived in for 20 years, purchased new in 1972 and remodeled once, because we saw where California was headed, and it wasn't good. We left just in time. It's become absolutely insane under control of Leftists.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:16 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,170,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Lol California is in better shape than ever. Only on CD do you find all these posters talking about how California's "a mess."
Well, I hear Alabama is doing much better. Without the economic output of that state, us Californians wouldn't receive our disability and other government checks every month. Oh wait, I think I got that opposite but it is par for the course on this site.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,299,192 times
The single most irritating thing about the way Trump communicates is his ambiguity. It's absolutely infuriating, like attempting to nail down jello. I simply cannot listen to him.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:28 AM

768 posts, read 715,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha you didnt get the memo?

Trump isnt even talking about deporting all undocumented people anymore. What we demand now is that he clarify 'criminal records' to remove minor offenses like traffic violations.

So go in peace.

So you advocate dismissing minor offenses for illegals? They should be able to commit traffic violations, as well as being here illegally, and have no consequences? You are here just to be an antagonist?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,357,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
So you advocate dismissing minor offenses for illegals? They should be able to commit traffic violations, as well as being here illegally, and have no consequences? You are here just to be an antagonist?
They are already spending tax money in CA to hire attorneys for illegals .
I'm guessing next they will be expunging the records of criminal gang members , drug dealers , robbers and who knows what else .

Of course they'll try to sell it that it will make us all safer .
Like Trump said their are some bad hombres that come here to commit crime and they need to leave .

I don't want to hear anymore about how it's "breaking up families"

Old 02-08-2017, 08:59 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Living in CA I have to agree .
--

"I think it's ridiculous," Trump said. "I will tell you that sanctuary cities are – they’ve got a lot of problems and there’s tremendous crime. A lot of people agree with me, this was a campaign issue.

"We will certainly not stand for sanctuary even cities, let alone states."

Trump also said that California "in many ways is out of control ... from an economic standpoint ... People are leaving California [and] going to Texas and other places that are run in a different manner, but we’ll see what happens."

Trump says Mexican president 'has got a problem' with cartels, slams California 'sanctuary state' push | Fox News
He's just angry because celebrities don't like him.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:50 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,152,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He's just angry because celebrities don't like him.

Trump could care less if the celebrities like him because those aren't the people who put him into office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies