Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:40 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Best of luck to Black Rifle!

I see where they currently has 52 employees, according to the CEO:

After Viral Meme, Can Black Rifle Coffee Company Really Hire 10,000 Veterans?

“I’m a company of 52 employees and I’m trying to hire 10,000 veterans,” Hafer says. “That’s a lot different than a company that says, ‘I have 200,000 employees and I’m going to try to convert 5% of my workforce.’ And this isn’t a support mechanism. This isn’t a hand out. I’m not trying to give back to the veteran community. This is who I’m preferring to hire because I know the veteran subculture and I know the veteran work ethic. I know that this is the best men and women that our country has produced after a decade and a half of war.”

I do like optimism.

As I was enjoying my coffee this morning, I happened to think of the Black Rifle Company and the CEO's assertion (as per the OP's initial posting) that his company would hire 10,000 vets in the next five years.

As I noted back in February 2017 (above), they had 52 employees.

As of April 2018, the CEO reported having 86 employees:

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entre...coffee-company

Oddly, in February 2018, the CEO reported having 102 employees:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-r...tive-approach/

Regardless of the number, still a ways to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 10:15 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
As I was enjoying my coffee this morning, I happened to think of the Black Rifle Company and the CEO's assertion (as per the OP's initial posting) that his company would hire 10,000 vets in the next five years.

Yes, at least it's growing. Have you tried their coffee ? I've had several blends and highly recommend it.

They also have a comedic Youtube channel, worth checking out. Some of their videos are quite funny.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:

Big Fat Corporate Liar.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, at least it's growing. Have you tried their coffee ? I've had several blends and highly recommend it.

They also have a comedic Youtube channel, worth checking out. Some of their videos are quite funny.
Why would anyone buy from a business whose CEO is a liar??? I guess the same people who bought trump water, trump steaks, etc.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The CEO was just on Fox News and is himself an ex military employee.

The CEO's name is Hafer.

Btw when Starbucks said they will hire 10,000 refugees that may be a discriminatory announcement as they hire based on origin which is against the law!
Starbucks also committed to hiring veterans. Their original pledge was 10,000 -- they met that so they added another 25,000

EDIT -- so this guy was being a smartass. He only has 52 employees and will never and can't hire that many employees of any kind.

What an idiot. He was trying to make a dig at Starbucks?

Seriously dude you need to do better marketing.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
That is awesome.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:29 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

Well, 'growing' if having 102 employees in February 2018, and then 86 employees in April 2018, is evidence of growth.

Mind, I want Black Rifle to grow. However, in each interview it seems the CEO simply was pulling numbers out of the air, unless something happened between February and April.

I have not tried their coffee. I have been lazy, and so purchasing coffee with chicory. I will soon, after I retire, start roasting my own again.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Well, 'growing' if having 102 employees in February 2018, and then 86 employees in April 2018, is evidence of growth.

Mind, I want Black Rifle to grow. However, in each interview it seems the CEO simply was pulling numbers out of the air, unless something happened between February and April.

I have not tried their coffee. I have been lazy, and so purchasing coffee with chicory. I will soon, after I retire, start roasting my own again.
Or do they have 52?

How about just sharing the profits with the vets rather than making smart ass digs at other corporations.

See if you are truly doing good in the world you don't have the time or energy or will to be attacking others.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Big Fat Corporate Liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Why would anyone buy from a business whose CEO is a liar??? I guess the same people who bought trump water, trump steaks, etc.

FFS, really ? So the CEO was a bit optimistic on his projections. Anyone with a shred of common sense could see it is a small business, to hire 10k more employees is a stretch. The thing is , he did increase in size, just not to his goals.

I sit in meetings on a regular basis , hear all the yearly goals management wants to hit... which are never attained or rarely , does that make them all liars ?

Once again the left proves , they lack common sense...
You still don't believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus do you ?

Regardless, buy what you want..

Old 04-25-2018, 11:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
FFS, really ? So the CEO was a bit optimistic on his projections. Anyone with a shred of common sense could see it is a small business, to hire 10k more employees is a stretch. The thing is , he did increase in size, just not to his goals.

I sit in meetings on a regular basis , hear all the yearly goals management wants to hit... which are never attained or rarely , does that make them all liars ?

Once again the left proves , they lack common sense...
You still don't believe in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus do you ?

Regardless, buy what you want..
So are you saying that the owner of this company has no common sense?

If someone misses their goal at your company by the huge margins that this CEO did, would they still have a job? This wasn't a "barely missed the mark" thing, this was only got 34 out of 10,000 type of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies