Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Yadda yadda yadda

More grief from the left. Trump is unqualified, Devos is unqualified, they are all unqualified!

Funny thing about a President and cabinet, none of them have ever held those positions prior to being voted in and confirmed, respectively.

What qualifies you to make such determinations? Who is guiding such decisions for you?

The left are doing their best to prove the notion that to be a liberal is chronic insanity.
And the right cannot help but continue to prove that some of them are total idiots, neither side has a monopoly on stupid.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:43 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,311,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Are you insane?

The scientific method?

Progressives have been urinating on that for years. They have compeltely changed the meaning of it, removing the verification, validation and replication phases of the process. They tell the students that peer review is king and that consensus establishes validity.

You have no clue what you are talking about, you people have destroyed the education system!

FFS ask any of the kids today about the Null Hypothesis and they will give you a blank stare!

/facepalm
Thank you for such a rational and scientific reply-- NOT!

Your a priori bias against "progressives" in this discussion disqualifies you from being taken seriously.

I bet you haven't even been in a science classroom in decades. Believe it or not, they have these things called "labs." Ever hear of them?

Old 02-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Right, although there is no epidemic of "bad" teachers like some argue, if we go on a witch hunt firing decent teachers, and then lower wages and make teaching conditions more challenging, things certainly won't be getting any better in our schools.
Absolutely. I don't get the people who think that, in a teacher shortage, it's a good idea to lower wages and reduce benefits. It's like these people don't care about true education. Oh, wait....

Old 02-07-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
To the Left, it is success. The kids are being taught to think just like they do. That's the goal. They don't want young people to learn to think for themselves.
And which prescribed fake-newsbite did you swallow that piece of pablum from? You've bought into the anti-liberal hysteria, yet you think you're a free thinker.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:07 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Something has to change. We can't continue to have public schools graduate illiterates. Give parents a choice. A voucher for each child that they can use at any school they wish, even private. The government uses private contractors for many things, why not schools?
First of all why should any of us have to pay for your child to go to private school. Pay for it yourself just like my parents did and every other parent has done. And my family was pretty poor but my parents wanted us to go to catholic schools so they made it happen. But a voucher really isn't school choice for a private school. You have to be accepted by them. And they are very competitive to get into. So it's really not that simple. Plus a voucher only goes so far. Families will have to make up the cost which poor families could never afford.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:09 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,927,812 times
Yeah, thank God the sister of the founder of a criminal organization like Blackwater who embezzled millions from taxpayers is now confirmed by an evolution denying whacko Evangelical.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
First of all why should any of us have to pay for your child to go to private school. Pay for it yourself just like my parents did and every other parent has done. And my family was pretty poor but my parents wanted us to go to catholic schools so they made it happen. But a voucher really isn't school choice for a private school. You have to be accepted by them. And they are very competitive to get into. So it's really not that simple. Plus a voucher only goes so far. Families will have to make up the cost which poor families could never afford.
And government funding will be pulled from the kids whose families cannot afford to make up the difference and hence the right wing mantra...

Save the Fetus/Screw the Child

Old 02-07-2017, 09:13 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Sweetie, God had nothing to do with Voss being nominated or confirmed.
It may surprise you to learn that God is not a Republican...He is not even American!

I do pray He helps us get through these next four years without completely unraveling or finding ourselves facing WWIII.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Friendly reminder:

Oh, and please leave my God out of this.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:33 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
For supporters of choice and those who oppose public education, a question.....

1. Is a $2,000 - $5,000 voucher for a $30,000 private school really a viable choice?

2. Isn't the proposal to dismantle public education taking away a choice? A particular public school(s) may be good, but if even the good public schools are broken down, wouldn't that, in effect, taking away an option.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies