Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:55 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,763,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
How many lies...I mean, misspeakings, before we stop giving them the benefit of the doubt?

Is it really so much to ask that our leaders and their staff be adequately prepared to discuss the topics that they're being tasked to take on?

To be honest, this is a REALLY low bar we're setting here...
Just in the past couple of days Pelosi said she couldn't work with President Bush.

&
Maxine said that Putin had invaded Korea.

One statement was obviously a mis-speak....and the other was either a mis-speak or she is dumb as a rock. Either way, no conspiracy. It was good for a laugh (actually several). But no one is raking them over the coals (& shouldn't).

I despise them for their politics, but not for mis-speaking. Heck...as much as these people have to talk, i'm surprised they don't mis-speak more often. I call my dog by the wrong name (a former wonderful pet from a decade ago) about once a month.

& for those who think that Kelly Ann was trying to get something past someone.....a 10 second google search can correct her in a heartbeat with a gotcha. Why lie, it would be stupid. (& you can call Kelly Ann alot of things, but she isn't stupid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 05:58 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,888,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Just in the past couple of days Pelosi said she couldn't work with President Bush.

&
Maxine said that Putin had invaded Korea.

One statement was obviously a mis-speak....and the other was either a mis-speak or she is dumb as a rock. Either way, no conspiracy. It was good for a laugh (actually several). But no one is raking them over the coals (& shouldn't).

I despise them for their politics, but not for mis-speaking. Heck...as much as these people have to talk, i'm surprised they don't mis-speak more often. I call my dog by the wrong name (a former wonderful pet from a decade ago) about once a month.

& for those who think that Kelly Ann was trying to get something past someone.....a 10 second google search can correct her in a heartbeat with a gotcha. Why lie, it would be stupid. (& you can call Kelly Ann alot of things, but she isn't stupid).
I don't care who is lying...Democrat or Republican. They should be called out for it regardless.

And if you find a pattern of lying (or mis-speaking), at some point you have to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think Conway is stupid - I think she is very cognizant (for the most part) of what she is doing. She is very good at what she does (spin).

It's a slippery slope to call it all "lying" - but at what point do we stop saying "it's ok - get it right next time"? We should expect more of our leaders!

Old 02-07-2017, 06:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,763,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
One time is a 'comment.'

Three times is stupidity. (Unless you are using Trumpian philosophy of tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth). I guarantee you there are people out there who now think there was a real Bowling Green Massacre.

Kellyanne Conway Cited a 'Bowling Green Massacre' 3 Different Times
And you and the media miss the point. Many weren't aware of the two Iraqi's (located in Bowling Green) who wanted to Kill dozens of American Service Men.

But because of your obsession with her statements, now many are aware. It COULD have been a massacre. To me that's the point. Thanks for solidifying my opinion on vetting.

Vet the h*ll out of them. Expand the list of countries. Arrest any rioters at Airports and expose anyone at an airport who is wearing a mask. Start NOW.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:03 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
How many lies...I mean, misspeakings
You think the difference between lying and misspeaking is trivial?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:14 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,619,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
The same network that employed Dan Rather, and promoted his partisan slant on everything, including blatant falsehoods?
Sure matey, but of course you are talking about an actual NEWS NETWORK, unlike Fox News which is legally and entertainment station. And they are listed as such to avoid the higher standards new networks are held to..

so maybe the slanted, partisan news is coming from FOX, which of course is owned by the Murdoch family who delight in driving the USA into factions...... hmmm foreign plutocrats influencing US politics, so much for America first. More like Murdoch family just achieved their goal..

Old 02-07-2017, 06:20 PM

22,353 posts, read 11,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are you going to be around to Trumpsplain our way out of a nuclear war or another Great Depression?
Nuclear war? Oh please! Every time a republican gets elected you libs start screaming "He's going to start WWIII!"

If you haven't built your bomb shelter yet---get going!

Old 02-07-2017, 06:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,888,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You think the difference between lying and misspeaking is trivial?
Nope!! And that's my point!

You think we should just be acting like "guys...he didn't literally mean that, geeeez..."

I think it's very deliberately being done to mislead. Maybe some things that have come out of Trump's, Conway's, or Spicer's mouths have been mistakes, but I think there is very deliberate intent behind their statements that often are false.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,735,369 times
Quote:
Nope!! And that's my point!

You think we should just be acting like "guys...he didn't literally mean that, geeeez..."

I think it's very deliberately being done to mislead. Maybe some things that have come out of Trump's, Conway's, or Spicer's mouths have been mistakes, but I think there is very deliberate intent behind their statements that often are false.
It isn't possible for one man to be both an ignorant buffoon and a master of subterfuge. Trump critics should probably settle on one angle of attack or the other.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:38 PM

1,548 posts, read 909,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
I and many, many like me do not even bother with "the news" anymore.
You can say that again. The evening national news programs are insulting. When is the last time you saw anything that resembled hard-hitting, investigative news work on any of the main 3? The first 10 or so minutes are a recap of the days events, followed by drug commercials, followed by oh surprise! The latest developments on the medical front! (brought to you by the pharmaceutical industry)and then, you guessed it: more drug commercials. Then some human interest BS and more commercials. UGH.

Old 02-07-2017, 06:39 PM

30,108 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Wow, this is the news program most here in Middle America watch in a nightly basis, especially the older demographic. I'm glad they're standing up for the truth this early on in his presidency:

https://youtu.be/tu1259FhU_U
They've been lying since the days of Walter Cronkite, why stop now? Their scorn makes me like Trump even more....thanks for the additional Gold Star for our MAGA President!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies