Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Thoughts on this call for impeachment that has been circulating the internet?

They have got nearly about 750k signatures so far.

https://impeachdonaldtrumpnow.org/wp...Resolution.pdf

Is there grounds for impeachment?
You guys remind me so much of the right wingers that wouldn't accept President Obama...different side of the same coin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hate to break it to you Annie but Hillary was just as Republican as Trump, she's just a much much much more polished liar.

Hillary is the kid that can look you in the eye and say they didn't break the lamp even though they were the only one in the house.

Trump is the kids that tells you the lamp isn't broken as it lays there in pieces.

End result? Liars and a broken lamp.

Hillary is most definitely not a Republican, especially on social issues, not even close.

She would not be trying to, in effect, stop certain people from legally immigrating, she would not be trying to ruin the environment, she would not be trying to remove protections that are keeping middle class 401K's safe, she would not be trying to gut SS and Medicare, she would not be trying to cripple public schools, she would not be trying to roll back women's and homosexual's rights, she would not be setting us up for devastating trade wars that will harm our economy, etc., etc.

Nope, not even close.

Trump is like a bull in a China shop, raging ahead without giving any thought to unintended consequences......unintended consequences that are going to harm every single one of us, including those that voted for him. The only ones that will come out ahead at the end of it all are Trump and his 1%ers.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hillary is most definitely not a Republican, especially on social issues, not even close.

She would not be trying to, in effect, stop certain people from legally immigrating, she would not be trying to ruin the environment, she would not be trying to remove protections that are keeping middle class 401K's safe, she would not be trying to gut SS and Medicare, she would not be trying to cripple public schools, she would not be trying to roll back women's and homosexual's rights, she would not be setting us up for devastating trade wars that will harm our economy, etc., etc.

Nope, not even close.

Trump is like a bull in a China shop, raging ahead without giving any thought to unintended consequences......unintended consequences that are going to harm every single one of us, including those that voted for him. The only ones that will come out ahead at the end of it all are Trump and his 1%ers.
trump isnt stopping anyone, except those from seven countries that your golden boy obama identified, from legally immigrating to this country. he will on the other hand try to stop ILLEGAL immigration though.

as for impeaching trump, on what grounds? he has not committed a crime or other impeachable offense. and yes i defended obama on this as well when the other side of the isle wanted to impeach him for what ever reason.

we have gotten to the point of both sides being imbeciles in their efforts to get rid of this person or that one. this needs to stop people. you may not like trump, though i wonder why since the vast majority of you have never met the man, but lets be fair and give him a chance.

too many on each side are so closed minded its a wonder they can think at all.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:

Here's grounds for impeachment... WAA!

Old 02-07-2017, 09:08 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just another facet of the ongoing temper tantrum the left has been throwing for months.
The only temper tantrums I have noticed in the past few weeks have been Trump's.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:21 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
trump isnt stopping anyone, except those from seven countries that your golden boy obama identified, from legally immigrating to this country. he will on the other hand try to stop ILLEGAL immigration though.

as for impeaching trump, on what grounds? he has not committed a crime or other impeachable offense. and yes i defended obama on this as well when the other side of the isle wanted to impeach him for what ever reason.

we have gotten to the point of both sides being imbeciles in their efforts to get rid of this person or that one. this needs to stop people. you may not like trump, though i wonder why since the vast majority of you have never met the man, but lets be fair and give him a chance.

too many on each side are so closed minded its a wonder they can think at all.

I never said I wanted to impeach Trump. I said I wanted to get Republicans out of office. Impeaching Trump will not accomplish that.

"Let's be fair and give him a chance"?...... Are you kidding? How can you even ask this after the way Obama was treated from day one?

Why should I support someone who goes against almost everything I believe in?

No, I do not want to give the oil industry carte blanche to destroy our National Parks and water supplies.

No, I do not want SS and Medicare gutted and replaced by a voucher system controlled by private interests. Same for healthcare.

No, I do not want the clock turned back on homosexual and women's rights.

No, I do not want to gut consumer protections put in place to protect the average American from big business interests.

If sticking to my beliefs means I have a CLOSED mind, so be it.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:25 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:

You can wipe your butt with these crybully petitions. You lost, grow up.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
I never said I wanted to impeach Trump. I said I wanted to get Republicans out of office. Impeaching Trump will not accomplish that.

"Let's be fair and give him a chance"?...... Are you kidding? How can you even ask this after the way Obama was treated from day one?

Why should I support someone who goes against almost everything I believe in?

No, I do not want to give the oil industry carte blanche to destroy our National Parks and water supplies.

No, I do not want SS and Medicare gutted and replaced by a voucher system controlled by private interests. Same for healthcare.

No, I do not want the clock turned back on homosexual and women's rights.

No, I do not want to gut consumer protections put in place to protect the average American from big business interests.

If sticking to my beliefs means I have a CLOSED mind, so be it.
The nice thing about our government is that as a Democratic Republic, the voice of one person doesn't out weigh the voice of the states as a whole. This isn't about what YOU want, its about what a system of electors that has been in place for ~200 years wants, and for the last 8 years a lot of people didn't want what was being given to them by their Federal Government. Sometimes you just have to wait and see how things work out until its "your" turn again. In the mean time the fear mongering and hyperbole doesn't really help anything.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:29 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

Nope, not even close.

Hey look, someone too young to remember the repeal of Glass Steagall and the passing of NAFTA.

Lol gut SS and medicare....oh sweet baby jesus you've gone full birther.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:32 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
The fracking has been going on like crazy under Obama. Do you even realize that the US is now one of the largest oil producing countries in the world during his administration?

You're not even anchored in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies