Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 08:20 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You do realize it's very scary when people are more attached to rules than to the truth, right?
if I remember correct, you were much more concerned about hacking rules than the truth of DNC emails.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:21 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,548,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
How many times do I have to say it before you understand. If you are part Amerindian, it will show up on a DNA test, but it won't determine which tribe. So you are correct only in that it wouldn't determine which tribe. It would determine she had Amerindian heritage or not though

This is my last post on this thread, and it is not conceding, but rather trying to keep the thread on topic. So have at it....
For the record, you don't know what you are talking about concerning DNA.

You could be 1/8 Native American and have ZERO Native American DNA show up in a test.

You get half of your DNA from each parent but during the process of recombination the mix is seldom actually 50/50. It can vary greatly. My great grandfather (father's father's father) may be 100% Native American and I may not show any DNA from him.

I may have inherited 65% from my mother and only 35% from my father, my siblings may be the exact opposite, somewhere in between, or even more heavily slanted one way or the other.

Go back another generation and of my father's 35%, only 10% might have come from HIS father and the other 25% came from his mother.

Go back another generation and that 10% might be gone altogether.

I've seen actual cases just like this where one sibling shows Native American and the other does not show any whatsoever.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You do realize it's very scary when people are more attached to rules than to the truth, right?
It is scary when we have the constitution in place saying just that.

For example, if police open a person's trunk without permission, a probable cause or a warranty, what he finds cannot be presented as evidence in court.

So do we care about the truth (what the police finds) or the rules (our constitution)?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,633,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Perhaps because the Republicans themselves apply the rules selectively:

Jeff Merkley reads Coretta Scott King's letter about Jeff Sessions on Senate floor | OregonLive.com

Warren was silenced, but Merkley was allowed to read the letter. Funny how that works.
Mitch McConnell couldn't stand her voice.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:25 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Go read page 6 of Coretta Kings letter, yes it was all about suppressing the black vote, Sessions went the extra mile of prosecuting black activist rather than those suppressing the black vote.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p1
No disrespect intended for Mrs. King, but this is her opinion. She may be right or it may simply be her perspective on the subject.

We have had 2 AGs who ignored laws and chose not to enforce laws they disagreed with. It isn't up to an AG to simply not enforce the law. I consider Holder and Lynch 2 of the worst AGs in the last 30 years.
I think Sessions will be a good AG over all.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:28 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,548,121 times
Another thing people keep missing is how Corey Booker ALREADY read this letter.

Do we need to have EVERY Dem Senator read that letter before we can confirm Jeff?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Perhaps because the Republicans themselves apply the rules selectively:

Jeff Merkley reads Coretta Scott King's letter about Jeff Sessions on Senate floor | OregonLive.com

Warren was silenced, but Merkley was allowed to read the letter. Funny how that works.
Can him too.

Just because one person breaks the rule, it's OK for EW to break the rule?

Old 02-08-2017, 08:35 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,219,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Rules don't mean anything anymore or we only need to obey the rules that liberals agree with?
She was expelled becasue questioning someone's character, in a "debate" surrounding a man nominated for a job that should probably require character, was deemed wrong by the party that has the most to gain from silencing opposing views.

Mitch McConnell should be in jail right now. What he did was wrong. Period. If the (D) and (R) were reversed, you be pissing yourself right now. Don't even act like Warren did anything wrong.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:36 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,323,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Do you ever do anything except name-call?
Yes. That's just a sideline.

Hard to come here and see all the racial slurs and infantile insults on this forum over the years (including more than I care to try and count on this very thread) and not wanna dip my toes in the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You gotta be thrilled then at how Dirty Harry Reid protected Obama and silenced his critics.
Some people seem to think that if a person is critical of Trump the fraudulent whiny brat, that automatically makes that person a raging leftist Democrat fanatic about Obama and Clinton.

That is exemplary of simpleminded, binary thinking.

Trust me: I despise Clinton and have no love for the Democrats. They are also lying, corrupt, corporate sellouts.

But what's important right now is the unhinged corrupt lying corporate sellout occupying th White House at the present time.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Why are Republicans such delicate snowflakes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.