Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:25 AM

381 posts, read 177,199 times

Advertisements

I agree with you. But the way I see it, they're just teaching us how to treat the next Democrat president. I didn't care for President Obama and even voted for him once, but never behaved the way many people are now.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:31 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I agree with you. But the way I see it, they're just teaching us how to treat the next Democrat president. I didn't care for President Obama and even voted for him once, but never behaved the way many people are now.
Perhaps you were not really paying attention over the last 9 years.

Obama was attacked from the moment he started to campaign. Trump jumped on that bandwagon of lies and hate and built his political credentials on those very lies.

To say otherwise is to simple deny reality. Any simple search will find to be not only true but will show I have grossly understated vile nature of Trump's , GOP , Alt Right , Tea Party attacks on Obama.

You can look forward to 2 years of non stop hassling and lawsuits. We will use LAW and ORDER to defeat the right and frankly your guys are so corrupt it will not even be hard.

2 years , you are on notice. (like that means anything at all)

Old 02-08-2017, 10:36 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It seems to me that some people on the right are hypocrites with very short memories...
It's not about memory, but willful ignorance. It's the backbone of the great American theory, where all men are created equal while blacks are 3/5 of a person and women can neither vote nor own property. That's the America they want to recreate. Because it was so "great".

Old 02-08-2017, 10:36 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Not sure about hatred, but respect has to be earned.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM

381 posts, read 177,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Perhaps you were not really paying attention over the last 9 years.

Obama was attacked from the moment he started to campaign. Trump jumped on that bandwagon of lies and hate and built his political credentials on those very lies.

To say otherwise is to simple deny reality. Any simple search will find to be not only true but will show I have grossly understated vile nature of Trump's , GOP , Alt Right , Tea Party attacks on Obama.

You can look forward to 2 years of non stop hassling and lawsuits. We will use LAW and ORDER to defeat the right and frankly your guys are so corrupt it will not even be hard.

2 years , you are on notice. (like that means anything at all)

Great. My post referred to my own behavior which included none of the above. There's many like me but don't worry; like I stated, the left is showing us now how to treat the next Democrat president.

"You can look forward to 2 years of non stop hassling and lawsuits."

Hassling is all you have left since your arrogance never allowed you to even consider that Trump may win. Carry on.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely! And they call others "snowflakes" when all the while they are the ones that have a deep-seated need for a daddy figure in an authoritarian leader that can save them for all those boogeymen.
Exactly.

The amount of "Why I never before in my entire life seen such goings-on," and "My Daddy said he never saw such shenanigans after an election neither," and yet none of them seem to stop and wonder why that might be.

Poor Kellyanne blathering on about how team Trump walks around with these "gaping, seeping wounds every day," because folks are talking smack about team Trump.

You'd think team Trump would get a clue, perhaps develop some insight as to why this might be happening.

Oh, but no.

They stumble from one fiasco to another. Poor Sean Spicer (he doesn't like being called Sean Sphincter, or so I've heard) looks like a hostage shoved on stage. He's doing his best, bless his soul, but really, how does one defend this nonsense in front of folks with double digit I.Qs?

This bunch of Republican crybabies needs to buck up.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:41 AM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And this has affected your life negatively in what way ?
No one wants a train wreck. Even if you'd rather have a different engine driver. We're all on the same train, ending up at the same destination. Even if some wish they were going to a different town.

But how can you not be concerned about a train that seems to be speeding out of control? If the ride slows down and smoothes out maybe the passengers will settle back in their seats. Maybe some will even nap. But for now, passengers are talking among themselves with some even getting up to complain to the conductor.

Maybe this rather unusual President falls within your definition of normal. Your train ride seems just fine. But for those who find him unsettling, well he's under a microscope from day 1.

As for respect, he lost mine with language used during the second debate when instead of an aspiring President I saw a bully. Once a bully, always a bully (the Australian phone call). The prevarication over having met Putin blew my mind. Once a fibber, always a fibber is my experience (yesterday's lie was the murder rate).

But respect is the lesser issue, and hatred not one at all. Rather, I truly do not think he is capable of operating the train. That he has an intended destination with some nice stuff does not help.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:43 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
oh does that mean sex under the Oval office desk or having floozeys scattered in the White House for when another President felt a bit of lust coming on.... thats just two I can think of that many worshipped.. at least this ones actually doing some work..
Watching TV, tweeting insults and lies, sniveling and whining about crowd sizes and the news media, and boasting about how great he is is NOT work. He really belongs in a rubber room.

Megalomania.... a condition or mental illness that causes delusions that they have great or unlimited power or importance.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:49 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
The latest tweet from President Idiot:

My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!

Is there a mole in his own camp handing him rope and encouraging these tweets? Or is it true, the old man really is getting dementia?

Old 02-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times
OP...sure, I agree. But this is a new age and new world. Obama set us free.

You see the world according to the fascist dem is...

If you don't approve of man with a penis using the women's bathroom, you are a homophobe.

If you are scared a Muslim will behead you or throw acid in a woman's face, you are an Islamaphobe.

If you don't like the idea of illegal aliens taking over and repopulating the US, then you are not American.

If you don't like killing babies you are anti women.

If you try to put America first...you are not being patriotic, you are labeled a traitor according to the fascist dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies