Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:14 AM

3,875 posts, read 4,705,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
And the right was so gracious when Obama won.

Exactly!
And remember that swine from South Carolina who represents a U.S. House district there who shouted, "You lie!" during an Obama State of the Union Address? Talk about public disrespect!
If I'd had my way, that South Carolina p.o.s. would have been publicly flogged on the U.S. Capitol grounds for that degree of disrespect shouted during a nationally televised address.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,148 times
The feigned outrage of the OP, is exactly what we expected from the ALT-RIGHT (formerly the GOP) .

Rightwing GOP Alt Right , Tea Party.... project what they are and what they feel on to others to deflect attention.

The ALT RIGHT , see where they are weakest and accuse the left of being those things. It is a strategy.

hard right, declares the left as anti women, because they see it in themselves.

hard right, declares the left as fascists, because they see it in themselves

hard right, declares the left as lacking respect for POTUS, because they see it in themselves

hard right, declares the left as violent, because they see it in themselves

This is the modus operandi of the Right for a long time, but now that their leader is so extreme they have to go to ridiculous levels with patently false accusations.

It is patently clear that the left wears the white hat, and the Right knows it. they know they are the bad actors. they know they elected a morally bad man to the most powerful positon in the world. they know they did a bad thing, and they need excuses. they need to justify their morally corrupt choice.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,665,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
.... of a new president as with Trump. For claiming to be "peaceful" and "tolerant", Liberals and leftists sure don't seem to actually PRACTICE what they preach - so many leftists out committing acts of violence, vandalism, property damage, smashing car windows, setting things on fire, hate crimes, etc in just under 3 months

I was speaking with my dad the other day (old-timer pushing 70) and he says he's NEVER seen anything anywhere CLOSE to this election and new president in his whole life. He says he's never seen anything like it, and he's been witness to many presidential elections over the years.

Leftists and liberals: the man hasn't even "officially" been in office for THREE weeks!

Jeez guys

If I recall correctly

Clinton election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Bush election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Obama election(s) - peace and "just another year"
Trump election - over 12k death threat Tweets against him, leftists protesting, rioting, burning things, committing assault/violence, smashing windows, property damage, etc

What animals

America is watching your "protests" liberals, and I'm sure most of them don't approve of your feral conduct. Have you no shame?
lmao...

Old 02-08-2017, 10:17 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And gave up considerable nuclear refinement capability in return, to say nothing of the actual materials they handed over. But - Trumpistas will hang on to their alternative facts.
Alternatives facts for their alternate universe.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:18 AM

431 posts, read 258,023 times
Criticism and perhaps hatred of a president is not unprecedented. Obama had plenty of critics and people that despised him for what he stood for. Same with Bush and Clinton and so on. However, I do not recall the level of protest/riots that have occurred and the overwhelming attention the media gives the people that do these things. From airport protests to UC Berkley to Hollywood celebrities and congressional representatives stirring the pot by calling for impeachment, not even 2 weeks in! So I believe that yes, this is far and beyond like nothing we have ever seen and the biggest display of disrespect in American history; at least by a few knuckleheads don't know when to stop.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:20 AM

18,537 posts, read 18,782,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
It would help if the POTUS himself showed more respect for the office. It starts at the top!
oh does that mean sex under the Oval office desk or having floozeys scattered in the White House for when another President felt a bit of lust coming on.... thats just two I can think of that many worshipped.. at least this ones actually doing some work..

Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The feigned outrage of the OP, is exactly what we expected from the ALT-RIGHT (formerly the GOP) .

Rightwing GOP Alt Right , Tea Party.... project what they are and what they feel on to others to deflect attention.

The ALT RIGHT , see where they are weakest and accuse the left of being those things. It is a strategy.

hard right, declares the left as anti women, because they see it in themselves.

hard right, declares the left as fascists, because they see it in themselves

hard right, declares the left as lacking respect for POTUS, because they see it in themselves

hard right, declares the left as violent, because they see it in themselves

This is the modus operandi of the Right for a long time, but now that their leader is so extreme they have to go to ridiculous levels with patently false accusations.

It is patently clear that the left wears the white hat, and the Right knows it. they know they are the bad actors. they know they elected a morally bad man to the most powerful positon in the world. they know they did a bad thing, and they need excuses. they need to justify their morally corrupt choice.
Absolutely! And they call others "snowflakes" when all the while they are the ones that have a deep-seated need for a daddy figure in an authoritarian leader that can save them for all those boogeymen.

Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 AM

33,567 posts, read 37,175,863 times
It seems to me that some people on the right are hypocrites with very short memories...

Old 02-08-2017, 10:23 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,738,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is what we need. Things have to get worse before they get better. People need to see that it's ridiculous to think we are a united people.
Sometimes I think $@% it we should just start shooting. Whoever s left can rebuild it they way they want.....

Old 02-08-2017, 10:24 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,413,163 times
The only similar vehement hatred and violent protests I saw firsthand were the protests against President Johnson. Those protests were related directly to the unpopular Vietnam War, however, which most young people were against because we were being drafted and dying for no reason.

Trump is hated because he is rolling back Progressive policies in place for decades. The American people rejected Progressivism completely as evidenced by Republican wins in the WH, Senate, House, most Governorships, and state houses. The peaceful and compassionate Progs are responding with violence and destruction. Progressivism's true colors have been exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies