Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,450,135 times

Advertisements

so I guess the wall is built and Mexico paid, ACA repealed and replaced with something better and cheaper, his muslim ban is fixed, coal and manufacturing jobs brought back, ISIS defeated, China's military and economic advances thwarted, Social Security and Medicare saved, and crime diminished. Since all that's done he has free time to argue with Nordstrom on POTUS twitter handle...there is officially nothing else left for the leader of the free world to worry about or work on....
I mean all those active terrorist threats he is told about during his briefings that he needs his ban to be in place for- those most be gone now...

Old 02-08-2017, 12:44 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,949,444 times
Yes, the more he tweets these inane comments and whines about stupid trivial things, the more people will begin to question his ability to do this job. His days should be spent with wall-to-wall meetings and consultations on very serious matters. A real president would not have the time, nor the inclination to delve into trivial matters that are of no consequence to the country. His skin is thin. For this job, he needs a skin of armour, which he doesn't have. We're in big trouble as a country because our enemies see his weaknesses.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I have criticized him for his unnecessary tweets that can be often immature, i.e. Apprentice ratings and I believe about SNL as well. Tina Fey said before the Inauguration that it was beneath a President to do so, and I agree. I don't blindly support anyone.
Do you consider the Nordstrom tweet to be necessary, or unnecessary?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:48 PM

8,076 posts, read 10,037,062 times
Let him go folks. Richard Painter and Norm Eisen are just loving this. Every time he brings his business affairs into the White House it just gets added to the long list of conflicts which will be presented to the court for impeachment. Contrary to The Donald's (incorrect) opinion, we still are a nation of laws and smarty has violated many of them, not the least of which is the Constitution. Painter and Eisen are VERY smart attorneys who have served previous Presidents--both Democrat and Republican. The just love it every time The Donald runs his mouth or, even better, his twitter account because the documentation is right there. All of the Donald's babbling just makes it easier to get him out of Office. Let him act all bombastic and untouchable. When the impeachment order comes, he'll never know what hit him.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:48 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,022,019 times
He is not used to people telling him no, or really, anything he doesn't want to hear.

His meltdowns would be fun to watch if he wasn't in the most powerful position in the world, but for my own sanity, I'll continue to find the humor in them. He really is SUCH a foolish old man.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:53 PM

381 posts, read 176,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you consider the Nordstrom tweet to be necessary, or unnecessary?

Unnecessary. But we have also never had president that was this polarizing and invoked this level of hatred. His daughter's brand is under target because of who her father is. I stand by this statement, and in the face of the Nordstrom memo, it's hard to say otherwise.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:56 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
Unnecessary.
It's always nice to agree on something.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,671,227 times
Trump using his role as president to attack a retailer in defense of his daughter sounds unbelievably illegal. The president may be exempt but if Obama had done this, the GOP would be exploding right now. Her clothes weren't selling and they have the right to sell what makes money. That Trump is trying to somehow force a retailer to give his daughter money? Unbelievable.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:04 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,424,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Lady.. you are funny. It is hate , pure and simple. Hate for the Trump family because the left is not in power.
Everybody funny. Now you funny too.

Plenty of folks would hate Trump even if the left were in power, looks like your cause and effect analyzer is out of whack.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:05 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,971,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
But, the President of the United States tweet blasting Nordstrom on his private account and then RETWEETING that mess on the OFFICIAL POTUS account?

That is beyond the damned pale.

It just is.
He also retweets his messages about the "failing" New York Times, how NBC, CNN, and ABC are fake news, calling out Arnold for his poor ratings on the Apprentice, his "so called judge" comment... So many things that a president should not be saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.