Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 01:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times

Advertisements

trump = internet bully

Old 02-08-2017, 02:04 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
You know what? I think it is sweet that Trump is defending his daughter.

Bless his soul, surely he knew there would be backlash, but he did it anyway.

Ivanka has been working hard at her business and after a few initial setbacks, seemed to have going concern with her stuff in Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy, Belks,... It's not easy to do, particularly when you have little kids.

Then her dad comes along with another one of his schemes and there goes her business.

I don't find much to admire in this delusional old duffer, but I kind of like that he stood up for her.

When it is all said and done, family is where it's at.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:18 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
His daughter's brand is under target because of who her father is.
No, its because no one is buying her stuff. Do you think Nordstrom should continue selling her clothing line just because her father is the president? Does that not seem wrong to you?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:25 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
He didn't interfere with a business transaction.

Also, he made the comment on his personal account.

So this is fake news.
What about free speech? Doesn't Nordstrom, like other corporations , have right to its opinion y withholding?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Ivanka has been working hard at her business and after a few initial setbacks, seemed to have going concern with her stuff in Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Macy, Belks,... It's not easy to do, particularly when you have little kids.

Then her dad comes along with another one of his schemes and there goes her business.

I don't find much to admire in this delusional old duffer, but I kind of like that he stood up for her.

Yes, poor I vanka

Old 02-08-2017, 02:27 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

...This is sarcasm, right?

Family is where it's at, until you're the President of the United States of America and your first commitment is to your country. This is one more way that Trump has demonstrated that his priority is himself and his family, before anything else. That's not admirable. That's actually quite horrifying for a president.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, its because no one is buying her stuff. Do you think Nordstrom should continue selling her clothing line just because her father is the president? Does that not seem wrong to you?
Is the next Executive Order "Everyone must wear my daughter's clothes."?

Old 02-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And that is scary!
Only if we let him

Old 02-08-2017, 02:31 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Do all the people on this thread who think poor little Ivanka is being targeted own a lot of items from her collection? Just curious.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:31 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
This is quite different than Nordstrom dropping the line entirely in what seems to be a politically motivated as well as a business decision. It is just the latest in a line of businesses who have dropped Ivanka because of who her father is, along with Belk, Neiman Marcus, shoes.com, etc., even though her personal beliefs might be quite different even though her and Jared have said to fight for LGBT protection in the workplace. He's speaking out for the treatment of his daughter. Would he have been better off not tweeting anything? Sure. He's likely frustrated what his position is doing for his daughter, but I support the right of the companies to look out for their own interests as well.
Companies SHOULD always "look out for their own interests" .... most particularly, when they are a publicly traded company with Stockholders. In this particular case - "their own interests" are that they are afraid of the Bullies that are attacking any Company that sells anything with the "Trump" brand on it. Last week, Nordstrom, Macy's and Neiman Marcus both announced that they would no longer be selling Ivanka Trump's clothing line. Now, four more stores--Belk, Jet, ShopStyle, TJMaxx and Home Shopping Network--are dropping it as well, citing "lagging sales." On the other hand - none of these stores can refute the figures that Forbes has provided.

Sales for the Ivanka Trump line of Women's Clothing and Accessories is UP 37% over last year. "Lagging"???
Not likely on a clothing line that generated $100 Million with that kind of month over month increases.

Ivanka Trump Doesn't Flinch (October Interview when they all thought Trump would lose)

Net sales of just the clothing arm of the company were up $11.8 million during the first 6 months of 2016 compared to the first 6 months of 2015 as it sold its products online and at department stores, according to public filings from one of Ivanka Trump's major licensing and manufacturing partners. Forbes reported that Ivanka's clothing line generated $100 million in revenue last year, and sales were up $29.4 million from the previous fiscal year. The private company will not confirm specific sales figures, but do say their sales went up 37% last year, and that the growth rate has held pretty steady this year. And the website's traffic is up 50% over last year, thanks in large part to Ivanka's heightened public profile.

On the other hand - Stores in Malls are in a precarious position - they never know when the THUGS will decide to do a spontaneous "protest" with crowbars, bombs, bats and guns". They have been repeatedly threatened if they don't cease to sell "Hate Clothes". The Ivanka Trump label "triggers" them - I swear, you just can't make this stuff up.

#GrabYourWallet boycott.
Boycott organizer Shannon Coulter gloated about the "win" on Twitter.

These Snowflakes have a lot to "gloat" about -- they are VERY organized and have plenty of time-time-time to harass Commercial Establishments until they give in to the Bully Tactics.

My current understanding is .... the Boycotted/Harassed Stores have pulled the Ivanka Trump items from their Web-ites, the items are still sold in the stores. The #GrabYourWallet groupies won't be satisfied with that, these stores remain on the Boycott/Harass List as long as a single Trump item remains in any of their stores.

I spent almost 30 years in the Wholesale business - selling merchandise to Stores, Catalogs & the beginnings of online sales. In all those years of following these businesses and their buying/selling practices -- I've NEVER ONCE seen any store (much less 8), make a public announcement that they were "dropping a brand" (particularly one with that high Percentage of sales) -- and all of them do it at the same time???

And then they have the nerve to say "this isn't about Politics" - most of us are not that stupid. If it's not about Politics and it's not about Sales - then it IS about "I'm afraid of these Bullies and what they might do to us".

I should mention the stores on the Hit List for retribution that have NOT given in to the Bullies.
Amazon, Zappa, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales, Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW), Dillards, Sak's. LL Bean made the HIT List and they don't even sell anything branded "Trump".

The Hysterical Meltdown continues ......... and escalates again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies