Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 04:36 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

These people all believed the polls too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_jVqSAsuE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 04:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Polls are fake news... but I briefly ran across this earlier.

Trump Is Unpopular, But Not As Unpopular As Liberals Think
As Nate Silver notes, Trump’s recent approval ratings vary from a high of 55 percent (with 45 percent disapproval) in the aforementioned Rasmussen poll to a low of 39 percent (with 56 percent disapproval) in a survey from Pew Research. The differences are most likely the result of a combination of sampling and survey techniques. Trump consistently does better with narrower samples. Rasmussen claims to be measuring likely voters, even though we are more than a year and a half away from the next national election. Pew is sampling all adults, a significantly larger universe than those who will ultimately vote in that next election. Rasmussen is also famously a robo-pollster, which means he’s only reaching the half of the electorate that has land lines. Pew utilizes a traditional live-interview methodology, which is generally thought to be more accurate, but that some theorize can be misleading with respect to highly controversial politicians like Trump.
The truth... a sample size of 1,000 people (or similar) does not extrapolate into representing the entirety of America.
Now you're quoting Nate Silver after your side bashed him to no end for being wrong on the election? Make up your damn minds already! This is why nobody takes wingnuts seriously.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:39 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Default Trump has a problem: Americans increasingly think he's incompetent

People are seeing his true colors and realize how incompetent he is. The new car smell is evaporating.

Trump's poll problem: Americans think he's incompetent - Business Insider

In a new Quinnipiac survey out on Wednesday, only 42% of voters said they think Trump is a good leader, and 55% said he's not.

In November, shortly after the election, 56% of respondents told Quinnipiac they thought Trump was a good leader, and only 38% said he wasn't.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:39 PM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
These people all believed the polls too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_jVqSAsuE
It doesn't matter what a poll today says. The election, the ultimate poll, is over.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
38% is ABYSMAL.

Bring on President Pence.
You know, I'm really wondering what is going to happen when Pence's approval ratings are towering over Trump's?

Trump really really hates it when an 'employee' outshine him. When his very sharp Apprentice exec Carolyn got too much attention after the first season--he fired her! He couldn't take sharing the limelight.

...so do you think he'll go nuts because he can't fire Pence?

Will he try to sideline or undermine him? Send out anti-Pence tweets? This oughta be really good.

He's never been in a situation where some who is supposed to be 'under' him totally outshines him. He simply doesn't do 'gracious' or proud if it isn't Ivanka or one of his kids that is doing a great job.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Uh, do you think ????? No kidding, he gives a whole new meaning to the word incompetent. Whenever I see him trying to act Presidential, it reminds me so much of Alec Baldwin, doing his schtick. Trump is really an embarrassing joke of a person.

I think God must have a quirky sense of humor and let Trump be elected just for the laughs !

Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This guy also believe the polls. He did the right thing for himself.

Some of you should take lesson.

How I Ended Up In A Psych Ward On Election Night | The Huffington Post

Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Uh, do you think ????? No kidding, he gives a whole new meaning to the word incompetent. Whenever I see him trying to act Presidential, it reminds me so much of Alec Baldwin, doing his schtick. Trump is really an embarrassing joke of a person.

I think God must have a quirky sense of humor and let Trump be elected just for the laughs !
I don't think God is kidding, He is passing judgment, and Trump is His chosen weapon.

God has passed judgment against His own people before when they turned their backs on Him. He even raised armies to punish Israel: "For the LORD God Almighty declares, "I will stir up a nation against you, Israel, that will oppress you"

Old 02-22-2017, 04:45 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
The latest Quinnipiac poll had some interesting splits.

The top line was -17 for Trump approval (38 to 55).
Republicans backed him solidly (83 to 10).
Democrats despise him (91 opposed 5 support)
Indys mirror the national average (55 oppose 38 support)

White non- college support Trump by 19 (56-37) but white college are 14 (40-54)

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release...ReleaseID=2431

Old 02-22-2017, 04:45 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Finally! Wonder what took most of these people so long to figure this out?

As if we didn't have decades of evidence to suggest that he's a complete fraud and hack.

I guess some people just wanted to run the experiment to see what happens when you elect a pathological lying buffoon to the highest elected office in the country. Unsurprisingly, craziness ensues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies