Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I hope he starts a war with N Korea.
He might. It depends how much they dig up in the Russia investigation. A war would be the ultimate distraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 09:47 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL this cracks me up. Democrats goal is for Trump to fail ... meaning for Americans to fail, so they can try to swoop in and promise to save them.

Democrats do not have the American people's best interest at heart. Power over the people is their goal.
If Americans actually tried, even a little, to better understand the agenda of the other party rather than deride it with these sorts of ridiculous characterizations, we might get somewhere...

Old 04-05-2017, 09:53 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not true at all. What we Dems want to fail is Trump's regressive policies -- taking away health coverage from millions of people; slashing taxes on the rich; selling private internet history; using dangerous pesticides on food that cause brain loss in children; rolling back pollution standards and protections; defunding PBS and NPR; etc., etc.

What the Republicans wanted in 2009 was something quite different. They stood in the way of Obama's efforts to right the economy in hopes that Americans suffering in a prolonged recession would translate into electoral defeat for Democrats. That's putting their political party ahead of country.

Exactly right, they are the party of HATE and war-mongers, however they make sure it's not THEIR rich kids(hiding out in college) going to war!
They started foaming at the mouth like Islamist terrorists the Day Obama won the election and swore to fight him every step of the way, which they did!

I am no Obama fan, turning against him soon after he took office when I realized what a liar he was about his healthcare MANDATE, and what a phony Christian/Islamist sympathizer he is, however the Republicans hate speech and behavior reminded me exactly of every movie/film clip I have watched with Islamist terrorists ranting! They were despicable and stomach-turning, and Trump embodies them, exactly, that's why they love him!

Old 04-05-2017, 09:55 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Not true at all. What we Dems want to fail is Trump's regressive policies -- taking away health coverage from millions of people; slashing taxes on the rich; selling private internet history; using dangerous pesticides on food that cause brain loss in children; rolling back pollution standards and protections; defunding PBS and NPR; etc., etc.

What the Republicans wanted in 2009 was something quite different. They stood in the way of Obama's efforts to right the economy in hopes that Americans suffering in a prolonged recession would translate into electoral defeat for Democrats. That's putting their political party ahead of country.
Nailed it.

For eight years, Republicans opposed Obama's efforts to get the economy up running and get health care for everyone, including the working poor.

Now, Democrats are opposing Trump's policies that will enrich the wealthy at the expense of everyone else.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:58 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Exactly right, they are the party of HATE and war-mongers, however they make sure it's not THEIR rich kids(hiding out in college) going to war!
They started foaming at the mouth like Islamist terrorists the Day Obama won the election and swore to fight him every step of the way, which they did!

I am no Obama fan, turning against him soon after he took office when I realized what a liar he was about his healthcare MANDATE, and what a phony Christian/Islamist sympathizer he is, however the Republicans hate speech and behavior reminded me exactly of every movie/film clip I have watched with Islamist terrorists ranting! They were despicable and stomach-turning, and Trump embodies them, exactly, that's why they love him!
Not exactly the sort of trying to understand the other side that I had in mind...

Old 04-05-2017, 06:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
People could learn to accept him, especially those of us who are Republicans, if he just acted like a normal human being and didn't lie all the time. Behave a LOT more presidential.

But alas, I'm sick of the obese orange clown...get rid of him and let's find a president who is erudite, speaks proper english, and really understands policy.
The last two didn't understand successful policy. Bailouts and keeping us involved in the Middle East were known failures.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
People could learn to accept him, especially those of us who are Republicans, if he just acted like a normal human being and didn't lie all the time. Behave a LOT more presidential.

But alas, I'm sick of the obese orange clown...get rid of him and let's find a president who is erudite, speaks proper english, and really understands policy.
Obama, where are you? Biden said you were impressive -- clean and articulate. You did have more than a few shady friends, and some drawbacks in the policy area, but with another two terms you might have caught on.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:52 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
He mocked Obama for playing golf.
He mocked Obama's rate approvals...
Are people still listening to what he says? I really don't pay attention anymore. It's a waste of time.
Only his followers listen, who apparently comprehend something else happening altogether. He also said during campaining that he would "never leave the W H, that he would always be working so hard." What a joke. No, there is no reason to listen to him, I mute the TV if he shows up. I might listen once to something referenced, then hear remarks and analyzing of such by others. (And late-night talk show hosts have had endless, comic material due to this).

Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
kasich would have been fine....basically, anyone besides Trump and Rand Paul

I voted (write in) for Milton Friedman, the univ of Chicago econ professor in the general election
You voted for a dead guy?

Well, that's impressive.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:12 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
After 8 years of the "community organizer", this job is simple for an experienced real executive.

But Trump isn't the real executive every one thinks he is. So far he has done nothing. He is under investigation. He has hired incompetent people. The list goes on and on. Republicans control everything yet he could't even repeal and replace the ACA....pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies