Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

Anyone who voted Republican who isn't either worth 7 figures plus or the type that thinks that dinosaurs and man roamed the earth together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 01:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Low information voters vote Republican.
No, it would be the Democrats who chant (or chanted) "Hope and change," and "Yes, we can."

Old 02-08-2017, 01:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Last night I watched CNN, which many posters here call "fake news." Kellyanne Conway was interviewed for a long time by Jake Tapper. He asked her if CNN was fake news and she said "No it is not." He listed several lies by President Trump just in the past week and she said "Agreed" and went on to ask why the media isn't a little softer on Trump and why they won't simply focus on the good things he's done, blah, blah. There wasn't a single lie she could defend.

She said she's spoken millions of words and appeared on TV over 1,000 times, and asked why they don't concentrate on all the positive things she's said. After being caught in lie after lie, she asked Tapper why the media won't focus on the good things Trump has done for our country, but all the spin in the world couldn't save her.

I wonder if this excuse would fly if someone were arrested for vehicular homicide? "But think of all the years I've driven without an accident, your honor. I must have driven a million miles and never killed someone. Why can't you look at that instead of this one incident?"

I wonder if this excuse would be accepted if someone was caught shoplifting. "But I'm 50 years old and have always paid for my purchases. So this one time I took a computer without paying for it. Why can't you just look at all the things I didn't steal?"

So, to me, my idea of someone who is low information is a person who says "I don't watch this network or that network because it's fake news," even when the President's own counselor says it is not. If there's a debate, an interview or a documentary, why not evaluate the information and make up your own mind? But people who have a block against anyone who has a different point of view will deny something even if it's right in front of them. To me that's a low information voter.

Most sources are biased in one way or another. To me, a high information voter is a person who understands this, watches and listens carefully to different sources and draws her own conclusions based on facts, not soundbites or tweets. Sometimes it's very simple. The Weather Channel just reported it is 64 degrees and party sunny. I have a thermometer on my porch that reads 58 and it's very cloudy. Which source of info should I use?

Old 02-08-2017, 01:55 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Last night I watched CNN, which many posters here call "fake news." Kellyanne Conway was interviewed for a long time by Jake Tapper. He asked her if CNN was fake news and she said "No it is not." He listed several lies by President Trump just in the past week and she said "Agreed" and went on to ask why the media isn't a little softer on Trump and why they won't simply focus on the good things he's done, blah, blah. There wasn't a single lie she could defend.

She said she's spoken millions of words and appeared on TV over 1,000 times, and asked why they don't concentrate on all the positive things she's said. After being caught in lie after lie, she asked Tapper why the media won't focus on the good things Trump has done for our country, but all the spin in the world couldn't save her.

I wonder if this excuse would fly if someone were arrested for vehicular homicide? "But think of all the years I've driven without an accident, your honor. I must have driven a million miles and never killed someone. Why can't you look at that instead of this one incident?"

I wonder if this excuse would be accepted if someone was caught shoplifting. "But I'm 50 years old and have always paid for my purchases. So this one time I took a computer without paying for it. Why can't you just look at all the things I didn't steal?"

So, to me, my idea of someone who is low information is a person who says "I don't watch this network or that network because it's fake news," even when the President's own counselor says it is not. If there's a debate, an interview or a documentary, why not evaluate the information and make up your own mind? But people who have a block against anyone who has a different point of view will deny something even if it's right in front of them. To me that's a low information voter.

Most sources are biased in one way or another. To me, a high information voter is a person who understands this, watches and listens carefully to different sources and draws her own conclusions based on facts, not soundbites or tweets. Sometimes it's very simple. The Weather Channel just reported it is 64 degrees and party sunny. I have a thermometer on my porch that reads 58 and it's very cloudy. Which source of info should I use?
I can agree only if we hold everybody to the same standard. Does CNN even hold itself to the same standard? Do you hold CNN to the same standard that you hold Conway to? Nope, not at all.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:02 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, it would be the Democrats who chant (or chanted) "Hope and change," and "Yes, we can."
I think many Democrats (especially the under 35 crowd) look at the rest of the world and see how far the US has fallen behind, especially western Europe like the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden etc.

Many of the younger Democrats see many Republicans as a group that's trying to hold onto a 1950's or 1960's America rather than the reality of us being almost in the 2020's.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
If you're voting you're "low information".

Old 02-08-2017, 02:27 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
I'd say it's anyone who doesn't bother to think for themselves. They read a Breitbart or Huffpo article, or really any article at all, and just take it as an absolute without taking a moment to think critically about it.

Also, anyone on this thread who only blames one party.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:30 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Anyone who has ever used the sentence:

"All liberals do/are/say X" or "All conservatives do/are/say Y"

Old 02-08-2017, 02:32 PM

778 posts, read 339,272 times
Someone who can name all the Kardashians, but has no idea who the VP is, or who won the Civil War, or why we celebrate July 4th.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Someone who can name all the Kardashians, but has no idea who the VP is, or who won the Civil War, or why we celebrate July 4th.
1. Khloe, Kourtney, Kim

2. Mike Pence

3. Statists won the Civil War...just like all wars.

4. July 4th: The transitioning from being ruled over from one set of megalomaniacs to another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies