Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:16 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
All those libs are worse than a 4 year old. Just look at Berkeley and DC where they smashed windows, burned stuff down and trashed cars.
Those vandals aren't running for president though.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:17 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I'll take that bet.

How much?

OK, while we're waiting .....http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...mp-net-worth:D

Old 02-09-2017, 05:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Nothing there.
Trump's buildings alone are worth huge sums.
How could you possibly think Trump's net worth is below zero?

Old 02-09-2017, 05:22 AM

How can anyone actually deny he sounds like an idiot when he talks? I mean, even if you agree with him and like what he's doing, you have to agree his buffoonery is an embarrassment.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Nothing there.
Trump's buildings alone are worth huge sums.
How could you possibly think Trump's net worth is below zero?

From the article~The fact that he’s sold several of his assets—including up to $7 million in fund assets and $9 million in individual securities—to cover his campaign debt suggests that he probably doesn’t have enough cash on hand to easily cover the costs of his campaign outright. That’s not something one would expect from a man who claims he is worth “in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS” (the capitalization is Trump’s). In addition, the real estate mogul has added over $50 million in debt to his ledger, Politico reports, putting his total debt somewhere between $315 million and $500 million, and possibly more.

“If he is swimming in so much cash for all his holdings, why is he selling this stuff to raise cash?” one anonymous, fellow elite asked Politico, apparently rhetorically. “You would see that he doesn’t have the money that he claims to have and he’s not paying much of anything in taxes,” a hedge-fund manager, also anonymous to avoid Trump’s wrath, told the news outlet.

Judging from several recent moves, Trump sure looks like he’s trying to protect his money. On Tuesday, The Guardian reported that Trump was moving his trademarks to Delaware, America’s office park-***-tax haven, to avoid paying taxes on his name brand. And just hours later, Trump blew up at reporters during a press conference in which he boasted about how much money he had given veterans’ organizations, and then criticized the media when they questioned his motivations. “I wanted to keep it private, if we could, I wanted to keep it private, because I don’t think it’s anybody’s business if I want to send money to the vets,” said Trump, who allegedly raised the money when he publicly skipped a Fox presidential debate to hold a televised fundraiser instead. (A subsequent AP report revealed that a significant number of those charities only received the money after the Washington Post ran an article questioning where the Trump donations went.)

Don't forget we are speaking of a nut-case phony who has a history of using assumed names such as John Baron to call journalist's to plant glowing false stories abut himself, including his self-inflated income, which he deflates when it comes tax time!

Old 02-09-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Says Trump, no doubt, hahahaha!

"if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck".......

It's bad enough that we now have a total a** for a President, but he's a D-U-M-B A** to boot!
I know. Seriously. What kind of dumb as& goes around even talking about their IQ?! Or the IQ of their cabinet picks?? He's ridiculous. It's not the "media" making him look bad, regardless of how much he and his follows whine about it. HIS OWN WORDS are what makes him look so bad. Normal people do not say the things he says.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, but when one speaks, he must consider the audience. Trump knows that many in his audience are liberals, thus he must use terms and words they can understand.
No one in his audience is a liberal.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
From the article~The fact that he’s sold several of his assets—including up to $7 million in fund assets and $9 million in individual securities—to cover his campaign debt suggests that he probably doesn’t have enough cash on hand to easily cover the costs of his campaign outright. That’s not something one would expect from a man who claims he is worth “in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS” (the capitalization is Trump’s). In addition, the real estate mogul has added over $50 million in debt to his ledger, Politico reports, putting his total debt somewhere between $315 million and $500 million, and possibly more.

“If he is swimming in so much cash for all his holdings, why is he selling this stuff to raise cash?” one anonymous, fellow elite asked Politico, apparently rhetorically. “You would see that he doesn’t have the money that he claims to have and he’s not paying much of anything in taxes,” a hedge-fund manager, also anonymous to avoid Trump’s wrath, told the news outlet.

Judging from several recent moves, Trump sure looks like he’s trying to protect his money. On Tuesday, The Guardian reported that Trump was moving his trademarks to Delaware, America’s office park-***-tax haven, to avoid paying taxes on his name brand. And just hours later, Trump blew up at reporters during a press conference in which he boasted about how much money he had given veterans’ organizations, and then criticized the media when they questioned his motivations. “I wanted to keep it private, if we could, I wanted to keep it private, because I don’t think it’s anybody’s business if I want to send money to the vets,” said Trump, who allegedly raised the money when he publicly skipped a Fox presidential debate to hold a televised fundraiser instead. (A subsequent AP report revealed that a significant number of those charities only received the money after the Washington Post ran an article questioning where the Trump donations went.)

Finance doesn't appear to be your strength. Net worth is NOT the same as cash on hand.
Net worth = assets - liabilities. If Trump's buildings are worth more than his debt....then his net worth is greater than zero.

I do agree with you on Trump's charitable giving....he appears to be a cheapskate in this area. He's no Warren Buffett.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I know. Seriously. What kind of dumb as& goes around even talking about their IQ?! Or the IQ of their cabinet picks?? He's ridiculous. It's not the "media" making him look bad, regardless of how much he and his follows whine about it. HIS OWN WORDS are what makes him look so bad. Normal people do not say the things he says.

Exactly! He talks like a moron, saying things like "I'm a really smart person"! Besides him, who the heck talks like that? He is flat out creepy!

Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Exactly! He talks like a moron, saying things like "I'm a really smart person"! Besides him, who the heck talks like that? He is flat out creepy!

Stupid people (i.e., people who think Trump is talking to liberals).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies