Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:26 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

Which of course is the reason for the Democrats wanting to weaken, if not dismantle the electoral college. They pulled that trick once with the lie that is the 17th Amendment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Another aspect to the next election I think is voters moving. Theres an ever increasing trend of far left people moving out of middle America to the coastal big cities to be with more of thier kind in thier liberal safe space echo chambers. With the way the electoral college works that doesn't bode well for them in upcoming elections. It doesnt do much good to consolidate even more votes into a handful of lopsidedly blue states and concede the middle 80% of America for the taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:27 AM

800 posts, read 508,600 times
I think Trump will do a good job. His big personality gets him incredibly targeted and smeared by the media, more than most politicians. I wish for the sake of making his job easier he would hold back on the twitter just a little, and listen to his aides more, but nobody is perfect, and we shouldn't want him to change too much just to make the left settle down and stop foaming at the mouth. At this point almost nothing he does will ever appease the left, and I say who cares? Outside of some moderates leaving their party(welcome aboard) we don't need them or want them. We'll drag them kicking and screaming to a better America that maybe some will grow to appeciate in a couple decades.

The left has pretty much lost the war of ideas and so they know their best chance back to power is to put the foot all the way on the gas peddle for more immigrants and refugees. It drives them insane that Trump is foiling their plot.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
No. I think they are a large part in why Trump won.
Hatred of the far left and thier agenda is why he won. Most Americans detest political correctness, most don't like the social changes brought in over the past few years. America has never been a left wing nation, there was a lot of resentment out there. The radicalism of he left caused trump to win, if the hippies wonder why he is there they can look in the mirror. The violence is solidifying the opposition to the left wing, these people have now dangerously divided our nation.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 AM

19,027 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No one consents to be governed.
They do in America. Read the law yourself.

Would you believe "Honest" Abe?
"What I do say is that no man is good enough to govern another man without that other's consent. I say this is the leading principle, the sheet-anchor of American republicanism. Our Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
- - - Abraham Lincoln, Speech at Peoria, Illinois (1854)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abraham_lincoln
As Lincoln reminds us, under the republican form, promised by the USCON, described by the Declaration of Independence, NO MAN (nor American government) is good enough to govern you without your consent. Without your consent, all that government is authorized to do is secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).

Old 02-09-2017, 09:24 AM

1,074 posts, read 949,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think both parties are floundering right now, and the key to who comes out on top next time lies with those who refrained from voting last November.

Both parties are crazy. That is the bottom line. Both parties and ideologies are crazy. Far left and Far right. I'm conservative on some issues, and liberal on some issues.

The Democrats will lose in 2020 if they continue the nonsense.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:27 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
Where do I begin...

Do any of the violent protests, calls for violence on our President, constant complaining and whining, cabinet-obstruction, political correctness, judge-shopping, I'm sure there's more... Bring you any closer?

Or do they just push you farther away?

I've always been center, maybe slightly left of. After the past 5 or 6 years I find myself moving further and further to the right, due to what I see on the left. The divide our country is going thru , just seems to be getting larger and larger.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:48 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
Where do I begin...

Do any of the violent protests, calls for violence on our President, constant complaining and whining, cabinet-obstruction, political correctness, judge-shopping, I'm sure there's more... Bring you any closer?

In brief, NO!

IMO, Eisenhower was absolutely right: "I despise people who go to the gutter either on the right or the left and hurl rocks at those in the center."
and
"The middle of the road is all the usable surface. The extremes, right and left, are in the gutter."

google "Eisenhower quotes" for more common sense statements.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Wouldn't poop on a Demorat/Lefty if they were on fire.
you should reconsider, since said pooping is unlikely to put out the fire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies