Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 01:37 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Yeah, the immigration issue is affecting quite a bit of unrelated travel.

One of my internship has a Hong Kong and us dual citizenship. His girlfriend has a new job overseas, and he is looking at immigration as being a hassle for him. As such it looks like I may lose him as he is considering moving with her rather then staying here.

And it sucks. He is without a doubt my best minion ever

Old 02-09-2017, 01:43 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If the American economy is strong then the tourism here will rise due to Americans traveling within our own country. The other stuff will work itself out as to international travelers.
Not if Trump scares people into staying home due to his comments about the murder rate being the highest in 47 years, plus other comments from him about things being terrible within the USA.People in rural areas will stay in their safe zones. Trump's got them afraid of the boogie man.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:45 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Tourists don't worry about passing through Customs, criminals and those who intend to break Laws DO worry about those things.
Tourist do worry, and many are saying they have no desire to travel to US, and many say so just to boycott Donald Trump's America. I assume you don't have many international friends on your Facebook.

Also, Trump is selling America as a heal of trash (carnage), with nothing good in it. Who would pay to see that?

Thirdly, would you travel to a country who wants to know your social media information, and your cell phone contacts?

White House discussing asking foreign visitors for social media info and cell phone contacts

White House discussing asking foreign visitors for social media info and cell phone contacts - CNNPolitics.com

Trump administration officials are discussing the possibility of asking foreign visitors to disclose all websites and social media sites they visit, and to share the contacts in their cell phones. If the foreign visitor declines to share such information, he or she could be denied entry.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-09-2017 at 02:02 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 01:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Maybe they are afraid if they come in to the US, they won't be able to get out.

Seriously, who wants to visit a country that is projecting hostility to the rest of the world, tossed in with rampant Trump xenophobia? Sad!

Old 02-09-2017, 01:47 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Google shows us the "Travel Warnings" to various countries ...... and there are some Warnings for travel to the USA. Not a single one of them has anything to do with Trump.

Warnings are about the Riots, the Terror shootings in Florida, gun violence in General and the Zika Virus.
All of them were for June, July, August ..... 2016.

IF some Foreign Tourists are now afraid to travel to the USA because the vetting at Airports might be stricter -- that's a good thing. Tourists don't worry about passing through Customs, criminals and those who intend to break Laws DO worry about those things.
I think you are misunderstanding , tourists are
boycotting the US due to politics, not fear.

Tourism can be a fickle thing and let's just say that Trump has
not spent his first three weeks putting
out the welcome mat figuratively and literally .

Old 02-09-2017, 01:50 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Due to media misinformation and spin. Our own outlets can't even get the news right you think Europe is getting accurate info on the US? Doubtful.

It's honestly impossible to pinpoint how much of the reduction is pinnable on Trump.
Tourists are just voting with their wallet and
they are not putting dollars in it.

I trust we are all getting the same insane tweets direct
from Trump nowhere we are in the world.
Not hard to see that we now have a mentally unstable
man in charge.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:53 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
I think you are misunderstanding , tourists are
boycotting the US due to politics, not fear.

Tourism can be a fickle thing and let's just say that Trump has
not spent his first three weeks putting
out the welcome mat figuratively and literally .
As one person put it, "Since my tourist dollars can be translated as support for where the US is headed, I've decided to spend my money elsewhere."

They're voting with dollars.

Just as Melania urged a boycott on Nordstrom, tourists are beginning to boycott the U.S.A.

As over a million jobs are directly related to international tourism, this will have an impact.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Unless they have a stamp in their passport from one of the 7 countries why would this be a problem? The Visa Waiver Program is still in effect and their passport is all they need.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...waiver-program
It appears to just put them off period. It tanked as soon as the Trump ban hit.

So for every job Trump creates, he'll be killing off more with his nationalist policies.

Trump Immigration Ban Decreases Flight Searches to U.S. | Money

Old 02-09-2017, 01:58 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Trumpholes live in fly-over states. They rarely leave home....certainly not to look for jobs after their factories closed...better to stay home, draw that welfare check and drink cheap beer and watch Judge Judy.

They don't understand how travel expands the mind, educates and rids people of prejudice.

I will spend at least 9 months outside of the US this year as a protest to living under a fascist. Spending all the $$$ elsewhere.
Everyone I know is making vacation plans out of the country. Several are checking out Costa Rica.

But then, I was never going to be standing in line at Disneyland anyway.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:21 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
I am traveling to California to spend my money in the land of the lefties. Maybe I can find a place to buy a pink hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies