Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 06:20 AM

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
And so therefore what?
You asked if you missed anything. I believe you intentionally left that part out. You simply called him an "organizer" as if the fact that he is an alumni has absolutely no bearing on why he was there. GMAFB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Organizer Calls Berkeley Riot ‘Stunningly Successful,’ Warns Repeat if MILO Returns

Organizer Calls Berkeley Riot 'Stunningly Successful,' Warns Repeat if MILO Returns - Breitbart
This can't possibly be true. I mean, liberals told me it was right wing activists that stormed the campus, aimed at making lefties look bad.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You asked if you missed anything. I believe you intentionally left that part out. You simply called him an "organizer" as if the fact that he is an alumni has absolutely no bearing on why he was there. GMAFB.
The article also didn't name the names of the other protesters, who I assume to be students.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:29 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
No the article called him an 'organizer' and his interview was not on behalf of the school or the students who protested but the group that rioted.

Anything else?

Old 02-09-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The article also didn't name the names of the other protesters, who I assume to be students.
Once again, the person being interviewed was not a protester, but a rioter.

Here is the group responsible for the rioting. They took a group selfie back in Oakland afterwards. This is not UC.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:39 AM

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
No the article called him an 'organizer' and his interview was not on behalf of the school or the students who protested but the group that rioted.

Anything else?
Did you even bother reading the article? He is a self-proclaimed former student at the college. The very first line:

Quote:
“We are happy with the results,” the San Francisco Chronicle reports Ronald Cruz, a former student at the college, told them.
Organizer Calls Berkeley Riot 'Stunningly Successful,' Warns Repeat if MILO Returns - Breitbart

Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Right so this guy is not affiliated with University administration, university police, is not a current student and is not involved in 'organizing' any school-sponsored events or any student-organized events such as protests.

He is an 'organizer' for the masked rioters who came to the school specifically to incite violence and put on a show for the news cameras.

Did I miss anything?

Yawns another finely worded Breitbart hit piece meant to mislead and cause self righteous indignation among their readers.
California should pass a 'Stand Your Ground' law that makes firebombs, assault, destruction of property legal when used to protect other people from hearing speech they want to hear but you think is hateful

Old 02-09-2017, 06:45 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I am a political moderate who voted for Johnson, but I just cannot believe how stupid the extreme left continues to be.

Don't they realize (as many others have said, too) that their actions just make them look hateful and intolerant, and that they are pushing many "in-the-middles" more to the right?!

If it hadn't been for the extreme left, probably a couple of million more voters, including myself, would have "held our noses" and voted for Hillary, and then we wouldn't now have a Trump presidency. (But, to be clear, I still think that a Hillary presidency would have been just as bad, although I continue to hope that Trump will either start behaving like a mature adult or else resign. I don't like Pence, either, but at least he doesn't scare me as much as Trump does, and in every way, I think he would be a better President than Trump -- which isn't saying much!)

P.S. Btw, my vote for Johnson did not matter at all (except for lodging a protest) because my state, Colorado, did go for Hillary.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Y'all will notice these morons stick to states that are endless "safe spaces and gun free zones". It'd be interesting to see what they'd do and what would happen in states where concealed carry is legal...

Old 02-09-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Did you even bother reading the article? He is a self-proclaimed former student at the college. The very first line:

Yes but he is not speaking on behalf of the school or any student groups-even Breitbart in an accidental burst of honesty, writes he an organizer of the group that rioted, not the larger group of students who peacefully protested.

Does that clarify things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies