Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Let's put it this way. If the rabid left are against them, then I know they are good choices.

That Logic Certainly holds true in the case of Trump's picks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,991 times
Quote:
Let's put it this way. If the rabid left are against them, then I know they are good choices.
Bestry Davos qualifications are donating money to Republicans and as well as Democrats. I do not know why lot of people doesn't like sessions. I am relatively new here. Do not know old history. But he sounds very honest. I watched Loretta Lynch hearings. She is very bad in those hearings and anything but honest. Sessions is going to be a big upgrade over her in terms of fallowing law.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:49 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,558,569 times
DeVos is totally unqualified for the position. Sessions has the experience qualifications but his interpretation and select enforcement of the law is highly suspect.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
DeVos is totally unqualified for the position. Sessions has the experience qualifications but his interpretation and select enforcement of the law is highly suspect.
People in Alabama seems to like him. Look at this video how Angela Rye goes along race without any proof. But there is enough noise from the fast though,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USgk7iY2k8Y

Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Maybe to people for whom public education was a failure...

Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Party politics should never replace educating one's self.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:08 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I read in several places that the Dems did not want Sessions to be appointed because he is a diehard racist. And if you don't believe me, consider the circumstances of Warren's enforced silence. She was ordered to shut up while reading a speech from Coretta Scott King, the late Dr. Martin Luther King's wife. Why would Mrs. King have written a speech pleading that Sessions not be appointed as federal judge way back in 1986? That's just what we need now: a racist Attorney General + unqualified Secretary of Education joining the overloaded equally unqualified Trump clown car.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I read in several places that the Dems did not want Sessions to be appointed because he is a diehard racist. And if you don't believe me, consider the circumstances of Warren's enforced silence. She was ordered to shut up while reading a speech from Coretta Scott King, the late Dr. Martin Luther King's wife. Why would Mrs. King have written a speech pleading that Sessions not be appointed as federal judge way back in 1986? That's just what we need now: a racist Attorney General + unqualified Secretary of Education joining the overloaded equally unqualified Trump clown car.
Warren also called him disgrace in the same speech based on Kennedy letter. There is no need for all that. I think she was out of order during her speech.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Warren also called him disgrace in the same speech based on Kennedy letter. There is no need for all that. I think she was out of order during her speech.
If he IS a disgrace, why not call him one?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If he IS a disgrace, why not call him one?
I really don't know what he is. She can call him whatever she wants and get banned whenever she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies