Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 11:32 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times

Advertisements

I'm a liberal and I support cutting NPR budget
PBS and NPR are ready to fight budget cuts -- again - Mar. 16, 2017

I've listened to NPR for a long time
and the reality is that NPR is just a "Washington DC establishment propaganda tool"

NPR is not liberal as people say, just because they talk about science and have girls with cute voice narrating stories.
Anytime there's a political issue, NPR ALWAYS has a "Unbiased debate" about whatever Foxnews is saying.
Here's one example of NPR repeating propaganda by "asking a question of why people keep on talking about it"

Why Do Doubts About Obama's Birthplace Persist? - July 2009

Please, defund NPR and get rid of that BS propaganda radio
Each state/city should have their own local public radio instead of a Washington controlled so-called public radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 11:35 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

and the reality is that NPR is just a "Washington DC establishment propaganda tool"

NPR is not liberal as people say, just because they talk about science and have girls with cute voice narrating stories.
Anytime there's a political issue, NPR ALWAYS has a "Unbiased debate" about whatever Foxnews is saying.
Here's one example of NPR repeating propaganda by "asking a question of why people keep on talking about it"

Each state/city should have their own local public radio instead of a Washington controlled so-called public radio.
As far as I know, every state does have their own public radio, and they receive funding from NPR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:

So this is your scholarly opinion of NPR based on an extensive study of empirical media bias?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,991 times
Oh, it's biased left. It's not completely left. You do hear the other point of view but they are no doubt a Liberal news outlet.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:

I listened to NPR for over 10 years and still occasionally do. NPR is not as left as CNN, but it's not too far behind either. It's a propaganda. What unbiased debates? Haven't heard anything.

I do agree their "science Friday" has good information sometimes.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:51 AM

1,831 posts, read 1,433,845 times
I stopped listening to NPR when they cancelled the Riders In The Sky radio show on Saturday afternoons. It had become basically a *** fest with a whole load of boring people.

Blah blah blah and did I mention blah blah blah, and let's repeat that all day long... Just not the kind of radio that interests me.

I think dumping taxpayer support for NPR is a good idea.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:56 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
I listen to NPR quite frequently. Sometimes I even donate during their fund drives. However, I find that "commercials" are becoming more and more prevalent. Oh, sure, they are disguised as a "Thank You To a Donor", but they are commercials nonetheless!
The same goes for Public Television. While I like many of the shows, the blatant commercials are becoming all too common.
I never did believe that Government should be funding NPR or Public Television.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:59 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
As far as I know, every state does have their own public radio, and they receive funding from NPR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
ITA with the bold. Nearly every major urban area has a local NPR station that I am aware of that is staffed primarily by people in the local area. They also broadcast national NPR shows.

I personally am not a fan of NPR but to think it is just one particular national station is silly.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:41 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
I stopped listening after I got annoyed with every interviewee beginning the answer to every question with "So..."

...must be some liberal thing.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:45 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
With social media and the internet the need for government funded media is less than in the past.. if the stations are really that interesting they could become advertising funded like most conservative talk radio is. I'd rather not pay tax dollars to have politically biased programming of any affiliation on the air.

I have listened to NPR while on long drives I will admit. In the end there's so much waste that the funding for NPR is a drop in the bucket anyways. There's plenty of pay programming out there to get the same media if you want it bad enough though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies