Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:00 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
We are NOT France and we should be thankful. We are America and why are you not proud of our tradition of freedom and welcoming all? Pizza is not America, thank the Italian immigrants for that, who suffered a lot of
discrimination when they first arrived. The children of immigrants are the true Americans.
We are welcoming of all that come here with our permission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:01 PM

8,415 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
The process of assimilation has been utterly amputated from the American experience these days.
Take a look here.

Now tell me these kids didn't assimilate into American culture.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:03 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1994 View Post
It seems like its on to be nationalism unless youre white in america lol
Are you being purposely obtuse, Joe? There is a difference, as has been pointed out to you already by more than one poster, between a nationalist who happens to be white, and a "white nationalist".

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking about white nationalism or black nationalism. I'm talking about nationalism not racism. American nationalism for that matter. A specific race. And segregation only hurt black Americans. But I was talking about nationalism in favor of america. I'm a black person in favor of american nationalism.

Well then you are a lot like me. I would consider you a civic nationalist. I have no problem with ethnic and cultural identity under civic nationalism either. I would just ignore it from a legal standpoint. I don't even care if you hire certain sexes or ethnicity so long as there is not monopolization. A family restaurant for example is no one's business but their own. Water, oil , rights of way and the like that descend from government privileges however I would not allow because they are acting in the agency of the state. So I would bar all nepotism in those cases The market is going to deal with better anyway. Someone who does not like someone's money is just going to lose.

15,962 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter why it was legal. It was legal and I'm sorry I have no shame in my ancestry maybe I would if I were white. But as a black american I'm actuly proud of my heritage and that's actually in part why I'm very pro America. You don't thow your fortune away because you've been poor all your life. It surely paid off.
I don;t think what African Americans feel about their ancestry is shame but profound sorrow and anger about the terrible injustice that was visited on their fathers and mothers. A lot of Americans who are not black feel the same way. I am sure they do not lack any pride in their heritage and their struggle to win civil rights even though their leaders were killed.
You still have not said why African Americans are against undocumented immigrants.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:10 PM

15,962 posts, read 7,024,232 times
Quote:
Anyways, my point is that it's not about the food they're eating but the notion that they think they're fighting against white supremacy or racism when it comes to issues reflecting globalization. Do you not watch the Buzzfeed videos? There is a lot of insecurity there and resentment. That anything Americana is seen as redneck and racist. That they really believe the idea that we are just a nation of immigrants so we should just let the tide of illegal immigration and the problems it causes roll off our backs. That is just one issue.
No I dn;t watch Buzzfeed. I waste my time right here on CD
How do you know how all immigrants think? you can recognize racism once it bites you, so there is no imagining that. i am not sure what that has to do with globalization which protects businesses and businesses do NOT want it. and mostly businesses are run by white people.

If Americana is not redneck and racist, how do YOU define it? Please define Americana.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:17 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Take a look here.

Now tell me these kids didn't assimilate into American culture.
But that's not the point. I meant that they SHOULD see themselves as American but there is a political movement telling them that they're not seen as Americans by whites and that they're in this battle with "white supremacy" because half of the country votes GOP. They've been indoctrinated to think that putting America first is akin to Nazism and un-American.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
No I dn;t watch Buzzfeed. I waste my time right here on CD
How do you know how all immigrants think? you can recognize racism once it bites you, so there is no imagining that. i am not sure what that has to do with globalization which protects businesses and businesses do NOT want it. and mostly businesses are run by white people.

If Americana is not redneck and racist, how do YOU define it? Please define Americana.
Woah?! Americana is racist?! It's just another term for heartland, rural culture, small town. That's racist to you?

Old 02-09-2017, 02:37 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
American Nationalism that focuses on citizen status rather than race or religion makes too much sense. Poor Whites, poor Blacks, poor Hispanics, and poor Native Americans have very similar problems that all have the same solutions: a living wage, more transparency for the justice system, national healthcare, better services for getting hard to employ people in the workforce, etc. Yet poor Whites vote one way (for big corporations, no govt. regulations) while poor non Whites vote another way (globalism, open borders). I'm old enough to figure out that both parties do a lot of talk about helping the working class but they get to Washington and do nothing.
Citizen status would undermine the Democratic Party, and the Republican Party is not to keen on viewing the descendants of black Africans as "one of them" anyways.

Both Brazil and the USA when compared and contrasted to the more racially homogenous countries of Northern Europe demonstrate that homogeneity is better for most lower-income folks than heterogenous societies. Put it another way when that white person in a Northern European country sees another poor white in his country he sees "one of him" even if he has some air of superiority due to class success. In the USA and Brazil that white looks upon the dark poor person as "the other."

But assume citizen status were the prevailing nationalistic sentement. Would that hinder or give Maxine Waters pause about worrying more about Ukrainians in the Ukraine and linguistic, cultural, ethnic Russians in the Crimea while so many ethnic Black-Americans who ARE CITIZENS of the USA struggle hard in the USA? Probably not. For various reasons due to lobbiest.

Furthermore, the Federal Government would have to get out of the business of being the Vatican with armed gunmen as enforcers telling every religion what it will clap and smile for. Not even an issue of protecting rights in the secular dimension of the USA. There is no way a Democratic Party in Government drunk on its own religious crusade is going to give that power up.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,383 times
Quote:
But that's not the point. I meant that they SHOULD see themselves as American but there is a political movement telling them that they're not seen as Americans by whites and that they're in this battle with "white supremacy" because half of the country votes GOP. They've been indoctrinated to think that putting America first is akin to Nazism and un-American.
man, America will let you know you're not white at some point. Even the Irish, Jews, Italians, etc...were informed that they were not white and had to be "let in" to whiteness. It's not a political movement, this is how white America operates. We know it, you know it. You just don't want to openly say it. That's fine but people are tired of the constant attempt to play dumb about racism. Multiple threads of "I have no idea why a white-nationalist is considered racist" *shoulders shrugged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies