Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:43 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Yeah well the Democrats and the left threw out class politics in favor of identity politics and shot their own feet.

Right wing populism filled the void. It's probably the only class based politiics there is right now.
Yeah, they are pernicious elitist, that have a disdain for blue collar people and their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:43 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Nationalism is only considered racist by liberals. Normal people dont care..

Old 02-09-2017, 02:44 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Nationalism is only considered racist by liberals. Normal people dont care..
Another person who doesn't understand the difference between nationalism, and "white nationalism", I see...

Old 02-09-2017, 02:45 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Woah?! Americana is racist?! It's just another term for heartland, rural culture, small town. That's racist to you?
What objects, memorabilia, events represent Americana?

Old 02-09-2017, 02:50 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
man, America will let you know you're not white at some point. Even the Irish, Jews, Italians, etc...were informed that they were not white and had to be "let in" to whiteness. It's not a political movement, this is how white America operates. We know it, you know it. You just don't want to openly say it. That's fine but people are tired of the constant attempt to play dumb about racism. Multiple threads of "I have no idea why a white-nationalist is considered racist" *shoulders shrugged.
No one thinks like an early 20th century WASP. Stop playing that card.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What objects, memorabilia, events represent Americana?
We are taking about politics not symbols that represent America. I think Cuban Americans are some of the most Americans of Americans and they listen to mambo and eat Latin food all day every day.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
No one thinks like an early 20th century WASP. Stop playing that card.
As a rule, when people use "card" as "race card" or "that card" I know they've kind of run out of a steam on a topic.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:56 PM

76 posts, read 21,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I don;t think what African Americans feel about their ancestry is shame but profound sorrow and anger about the terrible injustice that was visited on their fathers and mothers. A lot of Americans who are not black feel the same way. I am sure they do not lack any pride in their heritage and their struggle to win civil rights even though their leaders were killed.
You still have not said why African Americans are against undocumented immigrants.
I'm black american and no I don't feel shame or sorrow that's more your own feelings because of social scrutiny but I am black american I'm telling you I don't find it shameful so it has nothing to with illegal aliens

Old 02-09-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
As a rule, when people use "card" as "race card" or "that card" I know they've kind of run out of a steam on a topic.
Well you tried to end the debate by saying that it's racism plain and simple without reason.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:04 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Well you tried to end the debate by saying that it's racism plain and simple without reason.
there is reason there. you just don't want to admit it. And like I said... people play dumb about racism when you get all the way passed all the semantics and fluff. You want to know why nationalism for whites aka white nationalists is considered racist is because in practice when you see it out in the open, they generally show up looking like klan members/Nazis/extremists. Don't play stupid like you don't know this. As another poster stated, if you mean patriotism in America that's different, but as far as white-nationalists go, they clearly have a definitive agenda based around having a white nation state set up. This is not rocket science. You don't need a sociology degree to understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies