Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Advertisements

We were.
We just werent breaking up other peoples property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Funny how the right wing was not celebrating when Obama was deporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Anchor Babies are American citizens. It's in the constitution. The 14th amendment to be exact. You don't like it..........change it........until then your bitching is hollow words. You sound like your master Trump. Whining about something but failing to do anything about it except whine on C-D and Twitter. "I'll see you in court", BS. very presidential.
No American citizen should be deported to a country they've never been to, just for being here and related to someone.

This is America, not some Trumpian universe.
You are missing the point entirely. It doesn't matter if her kids are anchor babies. No one is stopping her from taking them with her. That's what any decent parent would do instead of abandoning them to foster care. Either way, illegals have a choice in this matter. No one said that they are "deporting" anchor babies. Get a grip! Meanwhile, every day, Americans go to jail and are separated from their families. Illegals who get deported should be thankful that they can bring their kids with them.

As for the whole 14th Amendment issue, it's been discussed here on C-D on and on ad nauseum. Read previous threads or start one of your own on this topic.

I'm not the one "******ing". Rather it is you who is---and you can't even see that.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually it appears to be based on a peculiar Arizona statue. If you use a phony ID in AZ it can be a class 6 felony. But it can also be ignored, or classified as a misdemeanor. If you are a College kid busting the drinking law it gets ignored or if you are lippy it becomes a misdemeanor. If however you are an illegal getting a job it becomes a felony. That of course is likely a due process failure and unconstitutional.

But that Constitutional stuff never bothers the Right Wing.
What's the constitutional "stuff" regarding an illegal stealing someone else's identity?

Phony vs. stolen are two separate issues.

Phony ID= I'm not 21, but I have a fake ID that says I am!

Stolen Identity = I'm of any age and am pretending that I am you. I can ruin your LIFE..with all of those credit cards and lines of credit....

What do you not understand?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Funny how the right wing was not celebrating when Obama was deporting.
Because he wasn't actually "deporting". That's why:

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

High deportation figures are misleading - LA Times

Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
So this illegal immigrant was convicted of stealing someones identity so she could get papers. That is hardly a victimless crime. "Low Priority" tell that to the person whose identity she stole.
Are you sure she stole someone's identity? All I've read is that her papers were not in order. Maybe a friend let her use her social security number? If she actually stole someone's identity and hurt her credit, that's very serious IMO. However, I wish when I was out of work someone was contributing to my social security account. LOL

Identity theft is no joke, and I will never defend it. However after reading this tweet from the Mayor of Phoenix, it sounds as if she's been fully cooperating with authorities for several years. I thought Trump said we were going to deport the "bad hombres" like drug dealers and rapists first.

[url]https://twitter.com/MayorStanton/status/829761415032352768/photo/1[/url]

EDIT: This is off-topic, but everyone - check your identity regularly! It's free.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Are you sure she stole someone's identity? All I've read is that her papers were not in order. Maybe a friend let her use her social security number? If she actually stole someone's identity and hurt her credit, that's very serious IMO. However, I wish when I was out of work someone was contributing to my social security account. LOL

Identity theft is no joke, however after reading this tweet from Mayor of Phoenix, it sounds as if she was fully cooperating with authorities. I don't see how sending her back to Mexico helps anyone. Let's get rid of the drug dealers and rapists, those "bad hombres" Trump keeps talking about first.

https://twitter.com/MayorStanton/sta...352768/photo/1
Read through this thread. When an ID thief uses someone's name and SSN, the victim does NOT get that extra money. There are posts in this thread that spell it all out.

She is here illegally and committed ID theft, which is a felony. She got deported---and it serves her right! She had no business being here. Period.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:

Identity theft is no joke, and I will never defend it. However after reading this tweet from Mayor of Phoenix, it sounds as if she was fully cooperating with authorities. The comments about her "collecting benefits" are totally false. I don't see how sending her back to Mexico helps anyone. Let's get rid of the drug dealers and rapists, those "bad hombres" Trump keeps talking about first.

https://twitter.com/MayorStanton/sta...352768/photo/1
Doesn't matter.

She's illegal and needs to get back to where she came from.

End of story.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Read through this thread. When an ID thief uses someone's name and SSN, the victim does NOT get that extra money. There are posts in this thread that spell it all out.
I was being sarcastic. Get a sense of humor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
She is here illegally and committed ID theft, which is a felony. She got deported---and it serves her right! She had no business being here. Period.
I never wrote that I support ID theft! However, she has been cooperating and did not run off and hide in a sanctuary city. I keep reading "fake social security number" not that she stole one, but I guess at this point it doesn't matter.

By the way, I was only referring to what President Trump has stated in the past. I know what she did was illegal, but she's not a drug dealer or a murderer. She's a working mother with 2 children. Again, I am not in support of crossing the border illegally, but she was brought here by her parents at age 14. I need to think about what I'd do if I were a teenager in a strange country. What happened to her parents?

Last edited by justNancy; 02-09-2017 at 11:24 PM..

Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
1 down, millions to go. The right wing is having a field day.
We aren't as divided on this subject as some might think. These illegal alien problems are why some of my democrat friends voted for Trump.

Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Get a sense of humor!

I never wrote that I support ID theft! However, she has been cooperating and did not run off and hide in a sanctuary city. I keep reading "fake social security number" not that she stole one, but I guess at this point it doesn't matter.

By the way, I was only referring to what President Trump has stated in the past. I know what she did was illegal, but she's not a drug dealer or a murderer. She's a working mother with 2 children. Again, I am not in support of crossing the border illegally, but she was brought here by her parents at age 14. I need to think about what I'd do if I were a teenager in a strange country. What happened to her parents?
There is no excuse for ID theft. Have some compassion for the victim who gets put in a world of hurt.

Her parents were the ones who put her in this position. So the blame lies with them.

My compassion is with American citizens who have been put in a world of hurt when they become victims of ID theft, which is a big problem. So many native-born Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals, that the PR government declared all PR-issued birth certificates null and void. Now if native-born PRs need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through many hoops to get one. I've seen my Dad's birth certificate and know that if he needed it for anything, it would be worthless to him. Fortunately, at his age, it's highly unlikely he will need to show it again for any reason.

Despicably, there is a huge loophole in the law that says it's okay for someone to use your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. That, too, puts victims in a world of hurt and since it's not illegal, they often have a hard time getting the police to help them in anyway. About 10 years back, a woman discovered that 218 illegals were using her SSN. She only found out when the IRS sent her a bill for 1 million dollars. The irony was that she didn't work at all during that time frame, as she was a stay at home mom.

My compassion is for Americans who have lost loved ones at the hands of illegal aliens. Some of those illegals have been deported several times only to sneak right back in---just like the illegal who killed Kate Steinle. The illegal admitted that he went to San Francisco because it was a sanctuary city.

I have compassion for Americans who have lost their livelihoods due to illegal immigration. Honest contractors in the construction businesses can't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay them under the table. I've read many stories about Americans who lost their livelihoods this way and it both saddens and angers me. What is happening to them is wrong.

No matter where illegals come for and no matter how they got here, they all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies